Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Raiders vs. Refs

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009 | 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Cool

Plz check out License frame, People that jump on brandwagon's are pretty flaky.....I like the Raider's winning or not!!!!!..and i'm not a gangster!!!!
been a Raider Fan all my life....
Old 10-10-2011 | 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright, reviving this because of what I saw yesterday...

On the last drive, the Texans had the ball and the QB was sacked for a loss. Upon video review (!), a penalty was called on the Raiders for too many men on the field. Although it did not hurt them too badly (was 2nd and 23 versus 1st and 25), and by rule it had to be declined because of the penalty on the Texans, it is the first time I saw a penalty called on a video review.
Old 10-10-2011 | 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its because of a lot of Raider fans andthe "Raider" image, I grew up a Niners fan and will be forever but Raiders fans (those that do this not all but the numbers are up there) tend to be extremely routy and not very good with sportsnanship, then again that is alot like steeler fans.

I think they are trying to break the negative image, just sadly they may see a lot more crappy calls to try to break it.

Last edited by LS1Adam84; 10-10-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2011 | 09:17 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

I am sure visiting fans are not afraid to go to Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, I hear a hell of a lot of people won't go to Oakland & root for another team
Old 10-10-2011 | 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

every team HATES the raiders and considers them a top rival, especailly in our division.. BUT this is what fuels the team aswell. They know they are hated by the opponent team/Fan and they take PRIDE for it... As far as the refs, well thats just screwed up haha

Go Broncos!!!
Old 10-10-2011 | 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dan
I am sure visiting fans are not afraid to go to Heinz Field in Pittsburgh, I hear a hell of a lot of people won't go to Oakland & root for another team
Yeah i do remember a lot of people who would not cross the bay and see a raider game and root for the niners.

I remember in high school one of my friends had a stupid clean 90 5.0 GT with real 93 cobra R rims he paid $2500 for the rims alone, he drove to Oakland to pick up something from a shop and when he came out an hour later his rims were gone and the car was on cinder blocks, no joke, we had to drive up with a couple sets of spares and get his car back to Santa Clara.
Old 10-10-2011 | 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yeah i do remember a lot of people who would not cross the bay and see a raider game and root for the niners.

I remember in high school one of my friends had a stupid clean 90 5.0 GT with real 93 cobra R rims he paid $2500 for the rims alone, he drove to Oakland to pick up something from a shop and when he came out an hour later his rims were gone and the car was on cinder blocks, no joke, we had to drive up with a couple sets of spares and get his car back to Santa Clara.

I am not saying all Raider fans are trashy ghetto people who are just looking for a fight, but growing up in the south bay area a lot of people I knew who were Raider fans did not take losing lightly and were very confrontational about it. Plus the stories of people getting jumped or beat down for wearing a niners jersey in Oakland.
+1 on that ...

And to tell you the truth, alot of the people here like the raiders for what it represents wearing a jersey with dark skin.. it can be translated gang affiliated right away, same goes with 49ner jerseys and Dallas...

Quick Reply: Raiders vs. Refs