Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

kimbo got f'd

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok just watched the fight, and as uneventful and boring as it was kimbo just cant do **** on the ground. i ever encounter that beast in an alley, i know what to do...
Old 10-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 180ls1
he could have held kimbo there and hit him for the next 4 mins. That was a proper ending of the fight.

As for nelson being fat to hold him down that did not have much to do with it i bet kimbo is a lot stronger in the gym but nelson spanks him in technique all day.
Yep, he could have, but he wouldn't do any damage so there would be no reason to stop the fight. It'd also be boring as hell which is why they should've been stood up.

Technique? I suppose I'll have to watch it again and look for technique. I didn't see any.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is not how much damage one fighter is inflicting on the other to stop the fight. It is if one fighter is FIGHTING BACK and trying to defend their self. Which in this fight Kimbo had ZERO self defense.

Get your head out of your *** people. This is MMA not boxing or the like and they do not have the same rules nor are the matches fought the same way.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it was shown at the end of the first even when kimbo had the cage to lunge off of he still could not get nelson off the top. And the second round with Nelson on top kimbo had nothing that he could do to escape.
He would not have got ko'ed or hurt really bad but it would have been pointless t have him eat punches for another 3mins.
That is technique that kept him down plain and simple, and a lack of technique on Kimbo's part to escape.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I really thought it was horrible coaching, at least from what they showed. Rampage isn't really giving his fighters a good game plan. He just tells them to go out and kick ***. While the other coach (evans?) is breaking it down really well for his guys. It was the right call on the fight just frustrating to watch. He needs to learn to squirm lol. They kept showing his legs sticking out just sitting there instead of using them for leverage.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Launching!

i saw no technique just a belly suffocating a man, i'm pretty sure there were times where roy wasn't even hitting kimbo, more like he was hitting his own man boob... technique not at all unless you call flab suffocation a technique now
Old 10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

^ if you followed the sport you would call it technique, sounds like you did not even watch the fight.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i knew the outcome of this fight months ago.... but i have inside sources, lets say its most likely setup for kimbo too lose
^i heard about this too.. kimbo loses his fights, its not even worth to watch...

and that fight was horrible .. one big guy suffocating another one.. in my opinion there was no really technique shown at all.. but watever...

give it up to the editors/producers.. they make the commercials look like some big fight was going to go down... the publicity is what dana cares more about
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike @ CMS
Big country is a fat piece of **** plain and simple. 263lbs of lazy crap!!!!! Kimbo would have ruined his day if he had better take down defence. I'm not a fan of kimbo and I knew he was going to lose before the season aired but after I saw Roy fight i really wished it would have went the other way. Nobody was impressed with his fat *** and Dana white who has talked more crap about Kimbo than anyone else even thought he got screwed. After the fight roy had the audacity to say "I hope Rashad realizes I'm his number 1 fighter"!!! Holy crap is that fatt *** smoking the rock or what?!?!?!!?

Not to mention that big *** white football player got robed! He landed some big shots the first round against the british kickboxer and took him down twice. Almost rear naked choked the guy twice. They both come out in the second round and both are gassed, which is pathetic for a kickboxer with over 100 fights under his belt!!! The brit landed about 10-12 low kicks and ran from him the entire fight. He was scared to face the guy and he still pulls out a decision. That brit wouldnt last as a heavy weight, he should be a light heavy weight and even at that he would get ruined. The big guy just needs some damn stamina. Then the stupid **** has to speak up and defend rashad and try and act tough to rampage. Rampage would rip that guys head the hell off!!!! This has been the worst group of ultimate fighters I have seen to date!
yeah shivers got robbed, but thats why they tell us in training, don't leave it to the judges. He had full mount and multiple take downs I dont understand how he lost - but both their cardio where horrible ! Ive found heavywegiths before though - and thats why ive never lost to one, they can't go past the first 3 minutes without gassing (at least the ones in small venues locally here in san diego, ive been in 12 amature fights)

Im like 5'11 walk around 220, fight at 205/185 but my easiest fights have been the heavy ***** over 240! lol
Old 10-02-2009, 11:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
i love seeing comments calling fighter pussies and fat lazy *****. i'd bet none of you would talk **** in person. sure he fat, but it aint ALL fat. he was able to keep that ******* gorrilla of a man down. cant be all fat and do that.
You obviously dont know me!!!! I would tell him he is a lazy fat *** in person!!! Whats he going to do hit me????? Sure then I'll own everything he will ever make.

The fact is he is a former heavy weight champion and if kimbo had not lost his balance while trying to move his tubby *** in the second round nelson would have got smashed. He had nothing for kimbo on his feet. What kind of champion cant stand up with someone 30LBS lighter?!?!?! When he did get kimbo in crucifix he tapped him on the head like he was his best friend. Thats what this crap is about. There isnt a man in the house that house that could get that huge gut off of them once in the crucifix position. Nelson thinks he is better than everyone, he thinks he doesnt need the coaching, those facts are both further from the truth. He simply is not the CHAMPION that he believes himself to be.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

^ if you followed the sport you would call it technique, sounds like you did not even watch the fight.
You are completely right, it is technique. Not a fighting technique because that would mean that Roy was fighting. That was im really fat and im going to just lay on you technique!!!! if he had actually hit kimbo instead of patting him on the head I think there would be a lot less complaints.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

he could have sat there and punched kimbo's face in but he did not. What is the point in having kimbo eat another grip of punches if he cant escape. See in mixed martial arts you need to improve your position or the fight will be stopped if you are taking damage. I bet Kimbo is happy the fight was stopped because he knew he could not escape either.

Watch the first round where kimbo was able to kick off of the cage if you had just any fat guy on top kimbo would have rolled him.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, look at those pillow ***** hitting Kimbo..
Old 10-02-2009, 01:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by eddielb
yeah shivers got robbed, but thats why they tell us in training, don't leave it to the judges. He had full mount and multiple take downs I dont understand how he lost - but both their cardio where horrible ! Ive found heavywegiths before though - and thats why ive never lost to one, they can't go past the first 3 minutes without gassing (at least the ones in small venues locally here in san diego, ive been in 12 amature fights)

Im like 5'11 walk around 220, fight at 205/185 but my easiest fights have been the heavy ***** over 240! lol
nice to see that your still fighting, i had ambitions to fight, but my business got too busy , and requires all my time now. but i would fight at 205 if i was to fight, i walk around out of shape right now at 6'2" 235 lbs.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Teching In

in mixed martial arts you need to improve your position or the fight will be stopped if you are taking damage.
And since no damage was being done, the ref should have stood them up. I understand what you guys are saying about Kimbo not being able to "intelligently defend" himself, but he was clearly not in any danger of injury (the prevention of which is the purpose of stopping fights).

Sounds like you've got your Tapout shirt a little too tight.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are one of the idiots we are laughing at...

I understand what you guys are saying about Kimbo not being able to "intelligently defend" himself
Why would you not stop yourself. Have you not heard that he was inflicting damage? I promise he was hitting MUCH harder than you think he was.

One opponent does not have to be inflicting damage to have a fight stop.. Just one fighter needs to, like you said, not be able to intelligently defend himself.

Follow and pay attention to the sport a little instead of just wanting to see a boxing match and you will understand a little bit more.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by erasedgod
And since no damage was being done, the ref should have stood them up. I understand what you guys are saying about Kimbo not being able to "intelligently defend" himself, but he was clearly not in any danger of injury (the prevention of which is the purpose of stopping fights).

Sounds like you've got your Tapout shirt a little too tight.
Have you ever had your head hit while it is pinned against the mat? It is nothing like when you are standing and your head can fly back. His head was taking 100% of the damage with no room for his head to move and offset some of the energy. I am telling you kimbo was happy the fight ended, there is no reason for him to eat punches for another 3 mins which is what would have happened.

lol at the tapout shirt comment.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Follow and pay attention to the sport a little instead of just wanting to see a boxing match and you will understand a little bit more.
Please, don't think for one second that just because we have a difference of opinion on the outcome of the fight, that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Or, for that matter, assume that I wanted a boxing match. I watch (and participate in, though purely for recreation) MMA fights for the jiu-jitsu and ground-and-pound. As you can see in 180ls1's clip, those punches are coming from the shoulder alone. There is no weight behind them and there is no way it is doing real damage.

I know talking down to people makes people like you feel superior, but I promise, that superiority is all in your head.

Have you ever had your head hit while it is pinned against the mat? It is nothing like when you are standing and your head can fly back. His head was taking 100% of the damage with no room for his head to move and offset some of the energy. I am telling you kimbo was happy the fight ended, there is no reason for him to eat punches for another 3 mins which is what would have happened.

lol at the tapout shirt comment.
Yeah, I have. Since his head was stationary, his brain would be taking much less punishment than if it was bouncing off the mat or something like that. His skull was absorbing most of what little force was behind those punches.

Contrary to what Lemons seems to think, if there is no threat of serious injury, there is no reason to stop the fight. I think if it had been two big-name fighters who were (for some reason) in that position, like Lesnar and Mir (for example), the ref would've let it go or stood them up.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Tapout thing.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't care if it was inflicting any damage... Kimbo could not protect himself, therefore the fight was stopped and on good ground.

Quick Reply: kimbo got f'd