Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Sunday Breakfast Cruise to Paradise Cove, Malibu

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Sunday Breakfast Cruise to Paradise Cove, Malibu

Hey guys, Im trying to setup a Sunday morning cruise to Paradise Cove in Malibu. On a Sunday morning its a pretty decent drive and you can rip a little on the 110. Ive gone a few times on Sundays and I always see plenty of Lambos, Ferrari's and other exotics on the road. Plus, the food at the Paradise Cove Cafe is pretty damn good. We'll probably meet in Alhambra catch the 10 off Fremont all the way to PCH 1. Plenty of oppurtunities to haul *** at that time in the morning. Please post up if youre intrested. Others who dont live near the meeting spot might want to meet up with us there. Ive already asked a few guys from here and it seems like we should have a nice little group. We'll probably meet up at the Starbucks in Alhambra on the corners of Mission and Fremont next to the Kohls Dept store @ 7-730am. Plan is to hit the road @ 8am and get breakfast at the cafe in Malibu. Paradise Cove is a private beach and validated parking is $3. BTW, its also a byob beach. Bring your own beer, for those who want a cold one while kicking it on the beach. Post up if you wanna go! This coming Sunday 11-1-09 @ 7-730am. Breakfast will be perfect for Halloween party hangovers!

Paradise Cove Cafe, Malibu:
http://www.paradisecovemalibu.com/be...e/index09.html

Meeting spot, Starbucks:
Starbucks Coffee
1131 S Fremont Ave, Alhambra, CA‎ - (626) 457-5234

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...ed=0CCgQtgMwAw

Last edited by C5natie; 10-27-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:07 AM
10 Second Club

Bump TTT.

Should be a good drive.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll see if I can go, if I get my car back in time.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:09 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I'm in. I'll let you know via txt... Really need to get some front tires first
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would go but I am going to be hung over as ******* hell that morning from partying sat night so i will probably not make it.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anybody up for a game of chicken on the parking lot? j/k

I ate there when i was out in LA 3 years ago. cool restaurant. i remember seeing it in both Hardcastle & mccormick (in that video below) and the rockford files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h53mbP_DJ8
Old 10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Looking good. Anyone else?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Teching In

I'm going to see if I can make it. I have never driving in that area so it would be cool. I never like to commit because of my work schedule.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
anybody up for a game of chicken on the parking lot? j/k

I ate there when i was out in LA 3 years ago. cool restaurant. i remember seeing it in both Hardcastle & mccormick (in that video below) and the rockford files.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h53mbP_DJ8

Damn man, thank you for that video!!! Ive been trying to find that show for years! All I remember was watching a show with a young and an old retired Sheriff or something driving a badass red race car. Now Ive found it. WOW, LOL. Funny they just bust in the door blasting with a shotgun not even knowing who's in there. Terrible 80's tv is awesome.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoCal WS6
I'm going to see if I can make it. I have never driving in that area so it would be cool. I never like to commit because of my work schedule.

It'll be cool if you can make it. Hope we get good weather.

Hey guys, DONT FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE OUR SATURDAY NIGHT (2AM). Or else you might be there waiting for an hour, lol.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by C5natie
Damn man, thank you for that video!!! Ive been trying to find that show for years! All I remember was watching a show with a young and an old retired Sheriff or something driving a badass red race car. Now Ive found it. WOW, LOL. Funny they just bust in the door blasting with a shotgun not even knowing who's in there. Terrible 80's tv is awesome.
as for them busting in. that was the judges house and mccormick figured out while they were chasing Beel earlier (not in the vid) that he was headed to the judges house. so other than the housekeeper everyone in there was a bad guy. They wrecked a number of 64 Corvete convertibles in the first season by jumping them and what not and ultimately the judge got a new truck to replace that old one (presumibly to take the abuse the vette was getting) and the vette is rarely seen after that. most of the stuff is with the coyote (red sports car) but the vette did have its moments in the first season.
you can order the whole series on DVD for $89

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

That show has always been one of my favorites. I bought each season as it came out and had to order them from amazon.ca because originally the company that bought the rights to the series, VEI, wasn't licensed to sell them in the US, only in Canada. Even now i still don't think you can buy them in stores here.

I was actually on a quest to find gulls way (which is only ~ 2 mi further north than paradise cove i found out later) back in 06 when we were up there. as soon as we decided we probably missed it or weren't going to find it and drove down that road i instantly recognized the restaurant from both H&M and the rockford files (rockfords trailer was in the parking lot on the other side of the restaurant IIRC)

The "Gulls Way" mansion was actually owned by pepperdine for a time and is now owned by Dick Clark. I believe they actually filmed a lot of outside shots there but the interior stuff was on a sound stage.

Last edited by 1995blacktattop; 10-30-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:07 AM
Launching!

See you Sun!

Leo
Old 10-30-2009, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
as for them busting in. that was the judges house and mccormick figured out while they were chasing Beel earlier (not in the vid) that he was headed to the judges house. so other than the housekeeper everyone in there was a bad guy. They wrecked a number of 64 Corvete convertibles in the first season by jumping them and what not and ultimately the judge got a new truck to replace that old one (presumibly to take the abuse the vette was getting) and the vette is rarely seen after that. most of the stuff is with the coyote (red sports car) but the vette did have its moments in the first season.
you can order the whole series on DVD for $89

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

That show has always been one of my favorites. I bought each season as it came out and had to order them from amazon.ca because originally the company that bought the rights to the series, VEI, wasn't licensed to sell them in the US, only in Canada. Even now i still don't think you can buy them in stores here.

I was actually on a quest to find gulls way (which is only ~ 2 mi further north than paradise cove i found out later) back in 06 when we were up there. as soon as we decided we probably missed it or weren't going to find it and drove down that road i instantly recognized the restaurant from both H&M and the rockford files (rockfords trailer was in the parking lot on the other side of the restaurant IIRC)

The "Gulls Way" mansion was actually owned by pepperdine for a time and is now owned by Dick Clark. I believe they actually filmed a lot of outside shots there but the interior stuff was on a sound stage.
Cool info. Ive been trying to collect some 80's shows. Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf, Magnum PI, H&M and even that wackass 90's show with the Viper that went into stealth mode or something. I love all that cheap cheesy crap, classic. Last time I even saw a piece of H&M was when I was 9yrs old. Untill now that Manta kit car was only a memory. Cool.

Im highjacking my own thread! Back to the cruise, see you guys there.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by pedaltothemetal
See you Sun!

Leo
Cool, see you there Leo.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by C5natie
Cool info. Ive been trying to collect some 80's shows. Knight Rider, A-Team, Airwolf, Magnum PI, H&M and even that wackass 90's show with the Viper that went into stealth mode or something. I love all that cheap cheesy crap, classic. Last time I even saw a piece of H&M was when I was 9yrs old. Untill now that Manta kit car was only a memory. Cool.

Im highjacking my own thread! Back to the cruise, see you guys there.
LOL that 90s show was called simply "Viper" and i don't think it's out on DVD yet. yeah i kind of hijacked the thread a bit with my video but then again it does show paradise cove, lol.

As for the A-team, you can watch it for free on www.hulu.com I think Magnum PI might be on there too.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

lets do this!!! Im in... See u guys tomorrow!!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:00 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm in. See you guys in 6 hours or so.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Sunday Breakfast Cruise to Paradise Cove, Malibu-paradisecove.jpg

Well it was a small group but we had fun. Great weather and we were able (you guys, I was a passenger ) to get on it pretty good a few times and even mess around with that Viper. We saw some nice Ferraris and some new Camaros so it was pretty cool. I'll try to put up some of the video I took, even though it doesnt look that great, on youtube and post the links. Hopefully if guys here see that we have fun when we go for a drive they might join us for the next one. Plans for the next Malibu breakfast cruise is to go to Paradise Cove for breakfast and then cruise over to Redondo Beach for a couple beers and some beach time. See you guys soon.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

it was a nice day for the cruise, almost perfect!!! Hopefully we can get more paople out for the next one... Wana do this again soon!!!! Oh Nate put the video link up!!! Thanks

Quick Reply: Sunday Breakfast Cruise to Paradise Cove, Malibu