Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Central Coast Noob; Intro/Insight?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Coast Noob; Intro/Insight?

Hola (that's what the say here, right? ).

Just relocated down here near SLO. I did a quick Central Coast search, but only found a few old threads that hadn't been posted in since around Halloween. Anyways, my car is on the way to an LA port about three hours south of where I'm at in the SLO area. It's coming off a ship as a non-runner. I managed to destroy the rear end and tranny simultaneously the week before I had to relocate.

Anyways, I'm looking at ways to get the car from LA back up here without breaking the bank. I've got a Jeep on 1-tons and swampers that isn't exactly an ideal tow-rig, but will work as a last option. Anybody know of any good carriers or short-range auto shippers that will facilitate a car that doesnt move under it's own power?

Once I do get the car back home and reassembled with tranny and diff number 3, I'll probably be looking for some like-minded folks to hit some cruises/meets with. Any get-togethers around here?

Best suggestions for shops and/or tuners in the area? Thanks, and hope to catch up with a few of you guys.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

I would say your best bet would be to purchase a AAA membership (platinum, top one) right now while your waiting for the car to come in. You get five calls every year and tows up to 100 miles are free. Then you also have the option to get one 200 mile tow for free each year. Well worth the $100 or so that the plan cost each year in my mind. oh and you get a free one day car rental with an in state tow, once a year.

I travel between LA and SLO about once every month, sorry no tow rig. I will be back up in the area starting this summer. No real tuning places on the central coast, and the closest dyno is either LA or Bakersfield.

Welcome to the central coast.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

There is actually a Mustang Dyno in Atascadero...i think
Old 02-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. I'm with USAA, so I'll see what I might be able to work through them. If nothing pans out, I'll check out the AAA option.

Quick Reply: Central Coast Noob; Intro/Insight?