Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Scuba Steve's Season Kick-Off Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hey guys, due the snow expected this week we may have to postpone till next Friday. The guys at Bandimere usually need a couple days to prep the track since this will be the first event of the year. We will have a better idea tomorrow so I will keep everyone posted through this thread. Please help pass the word on if you know anyone signed up for this event. Thanks.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Exclamation

Hey guys,

Due to the storm Wednesday and the weather forecast of rain/snow with a high of 41 on Friday , we are gonna go ahead and reschedule to next Friday, April 2nd. I've attached a picture of the staging lanes at Bandimere today. Looks like the weather is gonna be sunny and in the mid 50's to low 60's all next week so hopefully Friday will also be nice. Sorry for the inconvenience but I'm sure some of you can use the extra week to get your cars ready . Thanks and see ya next Friday!

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/80465?dayNum=1
Old 03-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

Because of the weather predictions for this Friday not looking so good if you have signed up and paid please let me know if Saturday April 3rd will work for you instead of Friday April 2nd. Please contact me via email at scubastevesti@q.com . Thanks!

-Steve
Old 04-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

I talked to Matt at Bandimere last night and will again around noon today. He's been working on the track and it is prepped. His only concern was temperatures only being in the 40's tomorrow, really just thinking about the fast cars. I'm pretty sure the majority of us signed up are street cars so I'm ok with temps in the 40's especially with sunshine. I just hope it doesn't snow tonight and get the track wet as the temps in the morning are gonna be below freezing. I remember Pepsi night last October was very cold and the track still hooked great, even at night. It got so cold they actually shut down early because the water box was freezing over and I still never spun.

Right now I'm pretty sure this is a go but like I said I will talk to Matt around noon and give everyone an update. Thanks guys!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

This is a go! Please no more PayPal payments. I will be taking payments at the gate of $90 CASH until we hit 80 cars. Gates open at 8am so please get there early to receive your tech card or be added to the list.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Talking

Good times! Thanks everybody!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zcibMGjTbs

Quick Reply: Scuba Steve's Season Kick-Off Track Day