Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Has Toyota's brand perception eroded below that of Hummer? At least one survey thinks

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Has Toyota's brand perception eroded below that of Hummer? At least one survey thinks

Originally Posted by AutoBlog.Com
Those of you who are still following our ongoing coverage of the Toyota recall saga already know that the Japanese automaker has taken a direct blow to the chin when it comes to consumer perception. But just how low has Toyota sunk? Naturally, that depends on who you ask and on how much weight that person choose to put behind these massive recalls, but at least some of you seem to think the automaker has descended all the way to rock bottom.

According to YouGov BrandIndex – which we were admittedly not familiar with until running across this interesting little nugget – Toyota's -17.1 rating on February 3rd put the automaker below more traditional bottom-feeders like Hummer, which scored a -10.7 on the very same day. Just two weeks ago, the very same poll had Toyota up near the top with a positive perception rating of 28. It may not be the most meaningful statistic you'll run across today, but it's an interesting sidebar nonetheless.

[Source: PRWeek US]

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/05/h...-hummer-at-le/
Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

their stock has fallen about 20% in the last 20 days. whammy!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good time to pick up their stock. However they're products have always lacked quality. They finally had so many lawsuits filed against them that it was better to do a recall than lose another class action suit. I'm glad this is out now so I don't have to listen to the brainwashed masses talk about how great their pos toyota is. BTW prius needs to be added to their recall. The one time I drove one (rental) it surged and tried to go as I stood on the brake.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Good time to pick up their stock. However they're products have always lacked quality. They finally had so many lawsuits filed against them that it was better to do a recall than lose another class action suit. I'm glad this is out now so I don't have to listen to the brainwashed masses talk about how great their pos toyota is. BTW prius needs to be added to their recall. The one time I drove one (rental) it surged and tried to go as I stood on the brake.
i'd wait awhile longer to buy their stock. i don't think we've heard the last of their woes. now would be a great time to short sell though. we're running a stock trading sim for one of my classes and i've been making a killing off of toyota
Old 02-05-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice. Now put your real money on the line lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

i cancelled my order for my prius company car. i already was thinking about cancelling it, but i got an email last night from the fleet company recommending that i cancel it.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Launching!

I was looking to get a RAV-4 for the family, since we've got twins and need space but not a huge vehicle. The new ones look great, have really good performance (AWD V6 version) and have THE BEST cargo space in class.

NOT ANY MORE.

I've always thought people had their head up their asses when it came to "American Cars Suck vs. Everything Else", but this just makes me chuckle.

Sad to not pick up a new RAV-4 (would love to get a GMC Terrain, but it only holds 5 and the wife wants 7), but a laugh so hard, as I hear more and more about Japan's poster-child being slammed.

Of course, now I have to worry about the cars all around me, not stopping or giving the jackass drivers on their phones an excuse for their ***** driving.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What about the ford escape?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
...Of course, now I have to worry about the cars all around me, not stopping or giving the jackass drivers on their phones an excuse for their ***** driving.
True that....
Old 02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Teching In

I think quality of all cars has gone to **** over the years. They go for the cheapest parts over best quality, and you really cant blame them. When one company offers a vehicle in the same class and its 5k or so cheaper you have to keep up. Ive always had faith in Toyota and I always thought their quality was above average but a gas pedal and such is a pretty big deal. When it comes to this maker is better than that some are true but any car can be great with the right r&d and part quality

Quick Reply: Has Toyota's brand perception eroded below that of Hummer? At least one survey thinks