Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got Pulled over for modified exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been pulled over numerous times and not one complained about my tint. Have even got tickets. This guy said well maybe they didn't have a tool, they have to read the percentage to prove it's illegal to give you a ticket and I have the tool. So your saying in about 7-8 cops in the past 6 months not one has had a tool? I think they just didn't give a ****. One was even another state patrol as well like him and he didn't say a darn thing. I know he would have it. He told me he's been a patrol man for 17 years. (really cool guy). Then let me go with a warning for no front tag. But nothing about tint. So, ugh!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tc95050
I try to give them respect but the one in Sacramento was ridiculous. He said it was an exhibition of speed 'cuz I was spinning my tires, in an AWD STOCK wrx?!?! He then said it's pretty quick for a Suzuki, and he had to floor his Crown Vic to catch up?!?! A Suzuki?

Luckily, since I showed respect (kissed ***) and didn't argue anything except the Suzuki thing, he let me go after checking the insurance and record.
^^^Ha ha ha ha! That's too damn funny. Atleast he let you go. Guess ya mus of hit some gravel! Hell, a whole lot of it to spin all 4 tires. Rock on if ya did tho that's pimp.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tc95050
I try to give them respect but the one in Sacramento was ridiculous. He said it was an exhibition of speed 'cuz I was spinning my tires, in an AWD STOCK wrx?!?! He then said it's pretty quick for a Suzuki, and he had to floor his Crown Vic to catch up?!?! A Suzuki?

Luckily, since I showed respect (kissed ***) and didn't argue anything except the Suzuki thing, he let me go after checking the insurance and record.
He should'a given you a ticket for driving a Suzuki.... JK
Old 03-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Skidog5150
He should'a given you a ticket for driving a Suzuki.... JK
Lol!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got pulled over for modified exhaust when I was driving my '77. My ticket was $77. I didn't fight it since I did shake his car and set off a car alarm in the parking lot on the other side of his car. My choke was still on at the time so it had a high enough idle to do it.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the violation correctable ? if so pm me ...
Old 03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Its funny I have been pulled over for god knows how many times..... for the stupidest reasons. But for every time I have been pulled over NEVER has a cop asked me about my "illegal" appearance modifications & exhaust. Tinted windows, blacked out taillights & side markers, & exhaust..... I have been pulled over for no front license plate. But you just have to put it on & show the station that its on. Pay $25 or so.... & your off.... Or depending on the cop I use my excuse that ALWAYS works. "Oh sorry officer I have it in the trunk. I was doing a photo shoot with my car & don't like it on the front & I just forgot to put it back on." Works every time.. Haha. I even had one cop be like "Oh really? You mean for like a magazine? That's real cool man." HAHA!

I hate the front license plate one because street bikes & newer cars don't have them? Then I have been pulled over for "looking" suspicious driving around town? I got a good laugh at that one.. Then I was pulling out of Taco bell & didn't put my blinker on as I was pulling out??? That was within 10 min of getting home from college. Then got pulled over for being on the cell phone for like 5 sec? Pulled into a gas station real quick & began to pump gas into my car. When he arrived at the gas station he was like "hmmmm" looked into my car. & goes "were you just on your cell phone" Im like no wasn't me? Haha He says "alright well just have it on speaker phone if you are."

Been pulled over for my headlight not working Explained that my headlights are aftermarket because my stock ones didn't work...... & just a wire was loose. Only have gotten a ticket for no front license plate & having a little friendly run on the highway couple years ago....

Last edited by DoggyB22; 03-01-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:40 PM

Default tints

there is no law againts window tint in pa even tho everyone things so. its only a penn dot law its not a state law and thats what the judge goes by because you cant alter a state law. the state law is that you just have to be able to see threw it.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 PM

also there are website saying that the tint meters are not 100% accurate. so maybe fighting that? but 5% is pretty dark. i am getting like 20%
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1Tuner_06
You can still get a ticket. I had out of state plates.

And no it wasn't a fix it ticket. He said I had better fix it or if he pulled me over again I would get another ticket
Can't do a thing about it. Saw a buddy of mine beat it in court. As long as it is just a "zoning" type issue (IL and CA have different smog rules for example) there isn't a damn thing they can do. I actually got pulled over by CHP, and the guy got out of his car REALLY fast. I am thinking this guy thinks I just robbed a bank or something... then he said he didn't see I had IL plates and sorry to pull me over, says have a nice day. cool guy.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep... I HATE! California & its admissions... My bro had Arizona plates on his Camaro. Never got hassled for his "mods"
Old 03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
Can't do a thing about it. Saw a buddy of mine beat it in court. As long as it is just a "zoning" type issue (IL and CA have different smog rules for example) there isn't a damn thing they can do. I actually got pulled over by CHP, and the guy got out of his car REALLY fast. I am thinking this guy thinks I just robbed a bank or something... then he said he didn't see I had IL plates and sorry to pull me over, says have a nice day. cool guy.
Thats what I thought to Hawk until I got a ticket on base.

I was coming through the San Luis Rey gate and the Civilian officer told me to pull over. He asked if I had been street racing I told him no I baby my car and he walked away with my info. I could hear over his comm that they were looking for a "street racer" and this cop says "Well I have a green 240sx here with a cage and slicks I think its him" - "Negative, its a silver car, we are tracking it with a chopper unit".
He then proceeded to write me a ticket and it he no **** said "Well, I know this isnt a meaningful ticket but your exhaust is loud and you must abide by California Rules. I bet you have engine mods too dont you? I could get you for those too but I'm just going to write you a ticket for exhaust. I know its bullshit but we have to show we are doing our job".

I almost slapped the taste out of that guy's mouth. Show that you're doing your job by wasting someone else's time.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

well, if he was a civilian working for base, then he might have you. But if he is a cop in the state of Cali, he can't do crap to you. If that is the case, I would fight that in court. I have already went up and down about this with a DA, and I was proven right.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
well, if he was a civilian working for base, then he might have you. But if he is a cop in the state of Cali, he can't do crap to you. If that is the case, I would fight that in court. I have already went up and down about this with a DA, and I was proven right.
Hrmm thats good to know if that is the case... Ive always been scared of the popo running around off base cuz my car is illegal as **** in cali lol.

Quick Reply: Got Pulled over for modified exhaust