Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Colorado State Patrol B4C

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Wait. All you've done to your car is full exhaust and you "pulled on" a set-up, heads and mid-sized cam car?

Might want to keep that claim under your hat until you get some track times. MS3 only and that car should rape yours. You're talking heads/cam/suspension/bolt-ons, etc., and you "pulled on" him?

And, no, the highway patrol didn't do anything to the car. It's your imagination. Your track times are average at best.

I agree with BAD_EFX. There's no way in hell I would ever buy a patrol car. I mean, would you want to buy a taxi cab? How about a rental car? That's what you're getting. Now, a highway squad? Maybe. If the price were right, I'd go for that. But, no way would I own a regular ex-copcar. I'd take a rental car first.

But, I'm gald you love the car! I'm sure it runs great. The stories that car could tell, too!
Well he hadnt driven the car for a while and yes hes not the best driver. I picked up my car for 5k last summer and i always wanted an LS1 so i didnt care about the cars background because the car was maintained good and it drove real nice....till this day i havent had any serious problems with it. Not all of us can afford $13k F-bodys and since my bank valued the car at $7500 and i got the car for 5 with 128k miles i knew i would get approved right away. And the highway patrol doing something to it isnt in my imagination. Im just tired of people making up excuses like "Your car is faster because it was a police car". but i was just curious maybe you guys knew sometihng i didnt. I do love my car and i see potential in it but its just my fun daily driver ill eventually get something nicer with lower milage thats worth dumping all my money into. this one will probobly just get a cam at the most maybe spray i havent decided yet.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro981289
AIR and EGR systems have been deleted but yes car still has the LS1 intake manifold.
Time to get a LS6 intake.... it will make a difference. Also, while you're at it, a few suggestions IMO. Get a catch can setup to keep the oil out of the intake and combustion chamber. Also, I'd get the car motorvac'd or run a few cans of seafoam through it. You'd be amazed how much better the car will run.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAD_EFX
Time to get a LS6 intake.... it will make a difference. Also, while you're at it, a few suggestions IMO. Get a catch can setup to keep the oil out of the intake and combustion chamber. Also, I'd get the car motorvac'd or run a few cans of seafoam through it. You'd be amazed how much better the car will run.
I got a friend with a SS and he is gonna get a 90/90 setup and he said when he did he would let me have the old LS6. And yea a motorvac or seafoam sounds likea good idea.

Quick Reply: Colorado State Patrol B4C