Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any good shops around LA area or close?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 01:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5natie
Look Ryne, I never posted to start this bullshit argument. If you think youre all that great then thats your opinion and good for you. All I know is that there are a lot of fast cars here in socal and ALL of them didnt come out of CMS. There are many good shops that people here in TEch may not be aware of but doesnt mean they aint out there so whatever man. At least you agree that you can sound unprofessional at times and you must know youre a bit (understatement) cocky, hell even some of your customers say that.

I aint gonna be here going back and forth but let me tell you something YOU dont know... I was there when White Mongoose's car was in the shop and I even met Carlos and the shop didnt tune his car. I was there when they couldnt get the software to communicate with his ecu and they even had a friend from the dealership come down to reflash it for free with a Tech2. I guess Carlos got impatient and went somewhere else but the guys here treated him real cool and as a matter of fact the guys at the shop are all still very good friends with Carlos' old friends. I also know ( i have a pm that was sent to me and if the sender wants to I'll post it) that you just quoted someone $16,000 to build a 500hp smog legal motor, and you said it could only be done with LS7 parts trying to justify the price. WTH, really? So please get the story right before opening your mouth about something thats not true. And if anyone has doubts about my shops tuning I have my car plus many others that anyone can come check out. In fact a lot of guys here have seen my car and have seen it run so I let it speak for itself. Anyway Ryne, I know you care about this subject and thats why you respond and I know it itches you to have the last word so do whatever, Im done here

OP, sorry your thread turned into this. There are a lot of good shops out there, hope you find one that fits your needs.
i have nothing to comment back on, except the smog legal 500hp build... the person asked for 500rwhp NA motor that would pass the sniffer..... well from my experience the only way to get close to that is with a large displacement motor with very efficient heads (ie ls7 heads).... my experience seeing c6 z06 with mild low 220 cams and stock manifolds making 500-520 rwhp, and still pass the sniffer (verified it with my next door smog guy).... i also told the customer i could build him a 402 or 416 with catheral or ls3 heads and save about 4000 dollars, but power will suffer by about 30+rwhp.... the ls7 heads are not cheap (ti valves and such)...sure i can go ahead and throw a big cam in it, pull the cats, and bump the compression up, sure it will make 500+ wheel for less money at the expense of not passing smog , but maybe if you did a little research and had a clue about what your talking about, you could figure that out on your own, rather that blast me on the board with ignorant statements....

p.s. my prices were all based on my installing, building and tuning everything.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i have nothing to comment back on, except the smog legal 500hp build... the person asked for 500rwhp NA motor that would pass the sniffer..... well from my experience the only way to get close to that is with a large displacement motor with very efficient heads (ie ls7 heads).... my experience seeing c6 z06 with mild low 220 cams and stock manifolds making 500-520 rwhp, and still pass the sniffer (verified it with my next door smog guy).... i also told the customer i could build him a 402 or 416 with catheral or ls3 heads and save about 4000 dollars, but power will suffer by about 30+rwhp.... the ls7 heads are not cheap (ti valves and such)...sure i can go ahead and throw a big cam in it, pull the cats, and bump the compression up, sure it will make 500+ wheel for less money at the expense of not passing smog , but maybe if you did a little research and had a clue about what your talking about, you could figure that out on your own, rather that blast me on the board with ignorant statements....

p.s. my prices were all based on my installing, building and tuning everything.
According to that guy it was for the motor only and he was only asking for 500hp at the crank. But you know, if thats how you would do it then thats you. I wont even get into arguing about how to build it and be here posting forever. You are a sponsoring shop with a large customer base from this western section, why couldnt you just tell the guy "hey come to my shop I can help you". You got customers if they want to recommend you hey thats cool. Can you really say anywhere else would be a waste of time? If youre good you dont need to go there.

Oh by the way,
480hp LS3 crate motor $8600, with a small smog legal cam only ($350 for a cam) 500hp+ all day
http://www.jegs.com/i/GM%20Performan...0002/-1?CT=999

Or this,

Smog legal H/C combo for LS3 85+HP increase, $2495
http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/Engin...duct_info.html

Stroker LS3 forged short block from Texas Speed, $4774
http://www.texas-speed.com/SHOP/item...d=686&catid=20

So h/c plus short block for $7269 for well over 500hp and smog legal. This means $8731 for tune and install? Or lets say you spend another $1500 on parts and shipping, so $6871 for tune and intall? What are you using, 24kt gold wrenches? Youre right, might as well do it yourself and save $5-7K.

No more posting for me in this thread. I said what I wanted to say. Peace to everyone and life is too short to spend it arguing.

Last edited by C5natie; 03-24-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody asked, How did you do -vs- the Ferrari ??

I'll also throw a recommendation for HADDAD Motorsports in Inglewood. They should be relatively close to you.
Mike there is a pretty stand up guy and has plenty of f-body + LSX experience.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

According to that guy it was for the motor only and he was only asking for 500hp at the crank. But you know, if thats how you would do it then thats you. I wont even get into arguing about how to build it and be here posting forever. You are a sponsoring shop with a large customer base from this western section, why couldnt you just tell the guy "hey come to my shop I can help you". You got customers if they want to recommend you hey thats cool. Can you really say anywhere else would be a waste of time? If youre good you dont need to go there.

Oh by the way,
480hp LS3 crate motor $8600, with a small smog legal cam only ($350 for a cam) 500hp+ all day
http://www.jegs.com/i/GM%20Performan...0002/-1?CT=999

Or this,

Smog legal H/C combo for LS3 85+HP increase, $2495
http://www.c5racer.com/catalog/Engin...duct_info.html

Stroker LS3 forged short block from Texas Speed, $4774
http://www.texas-speed.com/SHOP/item...d=686&catid=20

So h/c plus short block for $7269 for well over 500hp and smog legal. This means $8731 for tune and install? Or lets say you spend another $1500 on parts and shipping, so $6871 for tune and intall? What are you using, 24kt gold wrenches? Youre right, might as well do it yourself and save $5-7K.

No more posting for me in this thread. I said what I wanted to say. Peace to everyone and life is too short to spend it arguing.
i never gave the guy a official price lol... he called me i spoke to him for a brief 10min max, and ran prices off the top my head.... also he asked for 500rwhp because i actually asked flywheel or rear wheel , he said rear wheel.... he also wanted strange 12bolt , and other various items... but it look you seem have to all the info.... why dont you do a build on that guys car.... you seem to have all the knowledge...

p.s. go ahead and tell that guy he is not welcome at the shop, so if he had plans to have work done with us, you just ruined it for him, i am not going to tolerate back stabbing people, i would rather eat the profit then deal with someone like that

Last edited by Ryne @ CMS; 03-24-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

stop crying
Old 03-24-2010, 07:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
stop crying
coming from the guy who gets in regular pissing matches on the forum with his old boss.....
Old 03-24-2010, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohh yeah well I can **** further than any of you, so match that, what.. *throws down the mic and leaves the club like eminem in eight mile*
Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

just take it to Morgan Motorsports, they take great care of you
Old 03-24-2010, 07:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
jesse thats a great suggestion.....
Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Ohh yeah well I can **** further than any of you, so match that, what.. *throws down the mic and leaves the club like eminem in eight mile*
of course you can.... you are like 8 ft tall so your already starting at a higher point.... its like hitting a golf ball of off the empire state building........
Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
I dont join in the random arguments...but now that is hilarious.

Thats up there with Chris Gellino (sp?) from AP Engineering funny...
Old 03-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Teching In

this is horse ****...

Just saying
Old 03-24-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
of course you can.... you are like 8 ft tall so your already starting at a higher point.... its like hitting a golf ball of off the empire state building........
LOL **** you too very much hahaha. Well damnit, I got nothing, turd biscuits.

I am only 6'6 Ryne geez I got the height of a basketball player but not the money, so I can never cheat on my wife someday because I can't buy a large diamond to keep her quiet, I can slap her around a bit though LOL.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Teching In

I'll slap Ryne around a bit. That guy is a *****. You too Adam *****.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

No more posting for me in this thread. I said what I wanted to say.
Promise? And you said so much too...bummer
Old 03-24-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HEYPAL01impala
I'll slap Ryne around a bit. That guy is a *****. You too Adam *****.
**** you and that FWD family sedan grand national of yours.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

I am only 6'6 Ryne geez I got the height of a basketball player but not the money, so I can never cheat on my wife someday because I can't buy a large diamond to keep her quiet, I can slap her around a bit though LOL.
only 6'6. ***** weak!
jk man
Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Teching In

holy sh*t...I would have never asked if I had known this thread would have went this far I was just looking for a good shop, thanks for all the help everyone
Old 03-25-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Welcome to the western section!
Old 03-25-2010, 12:01 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

well i am 6'2" and although i am not that tall i am not used to looking up to many people.... so your freakin tall.... but i can still take you

Quick Reply: Any good shops around LA area or close?