Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Not car related!! Message from LA Co. DA's office

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info Geovett, I live in Santa Clarita too...
Old 03-28-2010, 01:17 AM
Launching!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Ugh. And my family lives right around the corner from West Valley.... Aren't the smog regs and insane living costs bad enough for CA's appeal? People are gonna start movin the f out
Old 03-28-2010, 03:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Revo1
Ugh. And my family lives right around the corner from West Valley.... Aren't the smog regs and insane living costs bad enough for CA's appeal? People are gonna start movin the f out
seriously... if my company ever opens a branch in another state. I'm gone... screw California. I hate this state. And it's just getting worse...
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, good info George thanks man.

It is education, also parenting, but then again who is to say that another person is a bad parent. Teachers are a needed necessity, without them how would we learn? Parents sure as hell wouldn't teach their kids, education is important, if I was a smarter man i would have stayed in college but alas I decided otherwise.

The one thing that differs criminals and good people is morality, regardless of education if you lack moral values you are just as much a criminal as the gang banger you see on the news.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Revo1
I saw a news report not too long ago stating that MORE people were LEAVING the state than coming to it already.

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
seriously... if my company ever opens a branch in another state. I'm gone... screw California. I hate this state. And it's just getting worse...
Im looking for a new job already, outside of this **** hole. Im so tired of it. Were so upside down, *** backwards, and fucked up, its just unbelieveable!!! They wanted to ban the sale of new cars in dark colors because it takes a fraction more a/c to cool them off, yet we are still not legally allowed to tint our front windows the slightest bit?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
I saw a news report not too long ago stating that MORE people were LEAVING the state than coming to it already.

Im looking for a new job already, outside of this **** hole. Im so tired of it. Were so upside down, *** backwards, and fucked up, its just unbelieveable!!! They wanted to ban the sale of new cars in dark colors because it takes a fraction more a/c to cool them off, yet we are still not legally allowed to tint our front windows the slightest bit?
not surprised...
Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new guy, sorry random post, just thought i'd share some more Cali BS.

__________________________________________________ ___________
"If you are in California and you are a car enthusiast this should concern you. The idiots in Sacramento are at it once again. Trying to drive people (no pun intended) out of their older cars, so they can get new/cleaner running cars and more hybrids on the roads. Please feel free to spread the word to other forums. -Vince L.

To view this email as a web page, please follow this link:

http://echo.bluehornet.com/hos...6FF9D

California Reintroduces Bill to Require ANNUAL Emissions Tests for Vehicles 15-Years Old and Older

Here we go again! Legislation (A.B. 859) has been reintroduced in the California Assembly by Assemblyman Dave Jones (Assemblymember.jones@assembly.ca.gov) to require annual Smog check inspections for vehicles 15-years old and older. The bill would also require that funds generated through the additional inspection fees be deposited into an account which can be used to scrap older cars. You may recall that in 2004 a new law was enacted in California to require the lifetime testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles. Pre-1976 motor vehicles would remain exempt under A.B. 859. The bill has been referred to the Assembly Transportation Committee.
"
Old 03-29-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

If it weren't for my wife and her affinity for living near her parents, I would have left by now.

I have had the job opportunities to leave, making enough to fly her and my kids back to Cali quarterly, yet she's afraid to fly?!?! Just my luck.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
If it weren't for my wife and her affinity for living near her parents, I would have left by now.

I have had the job opportunities to leave, making enough to fly her and my kids back to Cali quarterly, yet she's afraid to fly?!?! Just my luck.
time to get a new wife and kids

Quick Reply: Not car related!! Message from LA Co. DA's office