Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Deleted thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not the smartest guy but i think they are refering to "Him" on the basis of previous problems with his professionalism and way he does business, a person's actions and way he conducts business tells allot about a person and their company therfor the ones that have had bad experiences with him i think do know him in this fashion, but of course it's simple for him to have a second personality when dealing with customers from what you see. Just my ..02$ I have been screwed over as well not by your company but by another and therfor i can see why no one will go back there as long as "He" is associated with your business, will come to a point when a person will have to decide to choose their friend or do whats best for the company and let him go.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stcly perf dts
i know from talking with rob and doug that you dont know him whatsoever so how can you post such one sided opinion of someone you do not know?
I don't know Doug, and have never talked to him but know of him. And Rob wouldn't remember me and no he didn't do any work to any of my cars. I do personally know people who have gotten there cars out of Rob's shop that had shotty (at best) work done. Included in this is an auto to M6 swap a few years ago, tuning errors on other cars that he blew the engines on, blown transmissions from errors in tuning for a stall, and then a 4 year single turbo build most recently. I know these owners 1st hand, and know the problems and issues they had. I don't have to be a direct customer to speak my mind on a topic I know a lot about. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
I don't know Doug, and have never talked to him but know of him. And Rob wouldn't remember me and no he didn't do any work to any of my cars. I do personally know people who have gotten there cars out of Rob's shop that had shotty (at best) work done. Included in this is an auto to M6 swap a few years ago, tuning errors on other cars that he blew the engines on, blown transmissions from errors in tuning for a stall, and then a 4 year single turbo build most recently. I know these owners 1st hand, and know the problems and issues they had. I don't have to be a direct customer to speak my mind on a topic I know a lot about. Thanks for your concern though.
Thats what im getting at !!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:53 AM
Teching In

I wonder if they plan to compensate people with money or by working on their vehicle?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wisker27
Im not the smartest guy but i think they are refering to "Him" on the basis of previous problems with his professionalism and way he does business, a person's actions and way he conducts business tells allot about a person and their company therfor the ones that have had bad experiences with him i think do know him in this fashion, but of course it's simple for him to have a second personality when dealing with customers from what you see. Just my ..02$ I have been screwed over as well not by your company but by another and therfor i can see why no one will go back there as long as "He" is associated with your business, will come to a point when a person will have to decide to choose their friend or do whats best for the company and let him go.
see i think thats one of the problems here.we are in business and have been for allmost a year now,we have a busy shop,and rob brought over tons of customers from his old shop that are completly happy,this is an atempt to make wrong a right nothing more nothing less,,,he could easilly have just ran away from all this and gone on in business the way we were but he wants to take care of these customers and do something for them ,even iff they do not come back to him for work ,thats not even in the equasion.we are just trying to help him do what he feels he needs to do.
allso rob added something interesting he would ultimately be held responsable being the owner of the company but there were and i think one of you guys is real good friends with the employee that performed the shotty work that you are complaining about.so just curious how that works you blame one but let the other completly off the hook.just my 0.2 cents
Old 04-22-2010, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

see i think thats one of the problems here.we are in business and have been for allmost a year now,we have a busy shop,and rob brought over tons of customers from his old shop that are completly happy,this is an atempt to make wrong a right nothing more nothing less,,,he could easilly have just ran away from all this and gone on in business the way we were but he wants to take care of these customers and do something for them ,even iff they do not come back to him for work ,thats not even in the equasion.we are just trying to help him do what he feels he needs to do.
allso rob added something interesting he would ultimately be held responsable being the owner of the company but there were and i think one of you guys is real good friends with the employee that performed the shotty work that you are complaining about.so just curious how that works you blame one but let the other completly off the hook.just my 0.2 cents
^^^^^^^Bad spelling, bad punctuation and no CAPS, sounds like Rob.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
^^^^^^^Bad spelling, bad punctuation and no CAPS, sounds like Rob.
actually its me doug,typing fast
Old 04-22-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
+ missing/stolen parts. ex. sunoco hood. magnesium wheels from that Hawaii guy
Old 04-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
+ missing/stolen parts. ex. sunoco hood. magnesium wheels from that Hawaii guy
all problems are waiting to be handled for mark we just need him to contact us,we contacted the body shop that was paid for all of the things incl the sunoco hood.they said they just need mark to contact them to get it all handled,as for missing parts we need the list so we can handle it with the body shop.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just curious what about parts that were asked for and charged, but then wrong parts were installed, for example a person wanted some kooks headers was charged for it but received Ebay headers, also was told they would get the new style TSP Y pipe but instead it looks like some shitty custom y pipe to match the ebay headers. This person was not given a work order, they do have a receipt of what was charged, could this person potentially get the correct parts? Or compensated the difference for the difference in parts?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

^^^^ Oh good question!

BTW... I ordered a Procharger Kit. Instead I got a K&N Air Filter... I never got a work order... so..................

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Do you plan on helping pay off Robs lawsuits?
Old 04-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Just curious what about parts that were asked for and charged, but then wrong parts were installed, for example a person wanted some kooks headers was charged for it but received Ebay headers, also was told they would get the new style TSP Y pipe but instead it looks like some shitty custom y pipe to match the ebay headers. This person was not given a work order, they do have a receipt of what was charged, could this person potentially get the correct parts? Or compensated the difference for the difference in parts?
yes for sure
Old 04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V8kingone
Do you plan on helping pay off Robs lawsuits?
all lawsuits of sp motorsports are being handle through the bk lawyer that we hired to get everything straight
Old 04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Teching In

just so everybody is cler about one thing rob is a owner but i am the controlling owner and i run the show over here.nothing gets done without my say so and authorization .so if there were any potential customers on here that were afraid of doing business with my shop and were scared of something happening because of robs reputation,that would'nt happen.i run this company just like i run hp tuners,professionally and by the book.we have all licenses and insurance that a legit shop is supposed to have....Ken
Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Not trying to get involved or anything, but why didn't you just start your own shop with a new name?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by qboy
I wonder if they plan to compensate people with money or by working on their vehicle?
Although I didn't ask this question in the deleted thread, I pointed to the fact money corrects the wounds encountered by those fouled by bad business practices.

Especially the guy from HI. What's he gonna do, ship his car back? Four years was 3 years over the time it should have took to make his car right.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Not trying to get involved or anything, but why didn't you just start your own shop with a new name?
Quote of the day.

I too have to question why someone would want to work from a deficit instead of starting fresh. Especially those who were not involved in the original venture that resulted in customers losing money.

Please do not say "we want to make things right". That is not the way to start a business. At the end of the day, if you corrected every mistake made by someone else, you are at even. Why not start at even with someone who is not tainted and build from there? It makes me wonder if the others are complicit because it makes no sense why you would jump on a sinking ship hoping to patch it instead of jumping on the ship that has no hole.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:13 AM
On The Tree

all problems are waiting to be handled for mark we just need him to contact us,we contacted the body shop that was paid for all of the things incl the sunoco hood.they said they just need mark to contact them to get it all handled,as for missing parts we need the list so we can handle it with the body shop.
I will not be contacting Lou's Performance/ Body Shop as they are a third party in my situation. I contracted Strictly Performance Motorsports to complete a specified scope of work that was either not completed or completed poorly.

Regarding missing parts, there were numerous parts that I could not claim following the closing of the former shop because they were confiscated as evidence. This occurred prior to discovering my car at the body shop.

It is extremely difficult to quantify the repairs currently being done to my car because the deeper they dig into it, the more things they find wrong with it. All the damage to my car is only directly related to Strictly Performance as my car was in near stock mechanical condition with the exception of a lid, long tube headers, and exhaust. In addition to making my situation worse is that I am a repeat customer of SPM, who installed my LT headers and adjustable Borla catback. Despite the fact that my vehicle was not by any means in showroom condition, seeing the first pictures of my car at Lou's Performance gave the impression of a scrap yard find.

I will be contacting you within the next week or so via Private Message regarding the assessed amount of damage that has been incurred. I will also include the amount of work required to correct all the issues that was initially contracted to Strictly Performance. I did not have any previous affiliations with Strictly Performance or its former employees prior to taking my car there. Regardless of who particularly worked on my car, the individual is still employed by SPM, of which the owner presumably assumes responsibility of the quality of workmanship that leaves the shop.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

so how are we supposed to go about contacting you guys?
and who are we supposed to talk to about our situation?
i cant pm you guys. i am one of the strictly unfortunates,
and i wanna know how i could go about handling this.

Quick Reply: Deleted thread?