Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Deleted thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSpeed1
so how are we supposed to go about contacting you guys?
and who are we supposed to talk to about our situation?
i cant pm you guys. i am one of the strictly unfortunates,
and i wanna know how i could go about handling this.
On the other tread, you said you went to DTS Strictly Performance today. Any details on how they plan on resolving customers who had problems?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

im not quite sure yet. ill post when i know where im standing in my situation.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stcly perf dts
actually its me doug,typing fast

just so everybody is cler about one thing rob is a owner but i am the controlling owner and i run the show over here.nothing gets done without my say so and authorization .so if there were any potential customers on here that were afraid of doing business with my shop and were scared of something happening because of robs reputation,that would'nt happen.i run this company just like i run hp tuners,professionally and by the book.we have all licenses and insurance that a legit shop is supposed to have....Ken
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Not trying to get involved or anything, but why didn't you just start your own shop with a new name?
this is an entirely new company (strictly performance motorsports inc) we just like the name
Old 04-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSpeed1
so how are we supposed to go about contacting you guys?
and who are we supposed to talk to about our situation?
i cant pm you guys. i am one of the strictly unfortunates,
and i wanna know how i could go about handling this.
just come by the shop or call,you can talk to anyone other than miguel regarding what the problems are and we will get together and come to an agreement on what can be done to reconcile
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm , Rob has to assume that either Shant or I would post something here. lol!

...Ken, I give credit, where credit is due. I never met you but I've heard that you were a decently creditble guy with a solid business. That's why I thought it was a wild and insane joke when I heard of you (or anyone for that matter) partnering up with Rob with that lovely reputation. ... Your money, your choice. .... If Robs involved, ....same ****, different toilet! ....

...With that said....

A bit of advise if I may.... Allot of people are posting up about their experience(s) with the SPM brand. Your stating that currently, wrongs are being made right. Ok, post what's being corrected and on who's car. Do one better by posting photos also. ...

Obviously Mark from Hawaii is still having issues with the SPM brand though so I'm not sure how much faith to invest in the new SPM business practices. Just my .02
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Hmmm , Rob has to assume that either Shant or I would post something here. lol!

...Ken, I give credit, where credit is due. I never met you but I've heard that you were a decently creditble guy with a solid business. That's why I thought it was a wild and insane joke when I heard of you (or anyone for that matter) partnering up with Rob with that lovely reputation. ... Your money, your choice. .... If Robs involved, ....same ****, different toilet! ....

...With that said....

A bit of advise if I may.... Allot of people are posting up about their experience(s) with the SPM brand. Your stating that currently, wrongs are being made right. Ok, post what's being corrected and on who's car. Do one better by posting photos also. ...

Obviously Mark from Hawaii is still having issues with the SPM brand though so I'm not sure how much faith to invest in the new SPM business practices. Just my .02
Exactly...talk is cheap, results are not. Why is it that every shop mishap seems to be swept under the carpet with "It's being handled, let's move on."

Mistakes happen. If I was a shop owner and made a mistake, I wouldn't hide it, but rather I would show the public how I am resolving the problem and what I would do to make sure that mistake never happens again. Showing how I stand up to my work (with evidence) would reaffirm my customers faith in me as a shop owner...
Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

just come by the shop or call,you can talk to anyone other than miguel regarding what the problems are and we will get together and come to an agreement on what can be done to reconcile
Kind of impossible for a guy that's in Hawaii to physically just "drop by" you know?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FBDYLVR
Kind of impossible for a guy that's in Hawaii to physically just "drop by" you know?
Look who he responded to, the guy he said that to was a so cal local, currently waiting to see when his situation gets reconciled too.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

I honestly think people that got screwed by SP are SOL until hard proof of reconciliation is found.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Look who he responded to, the guy he said that to was a so cal local, currently waiting to see when his situation gets reconciled too.
I was told by Ken that I had to deal with Rob. Basically, Ken said that he will not get involved with any matters concerning the SPM brand from 2006.

And as an FYI, FBDYLVR was just as affected by my situation as I was. I owe him much more than gratitude for all the help he has given me.

Adam, please keep us posted. Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Island Grown
I was told by Ken that I had to deal with Rob. Basically, Ken said that he will not get involved with any matters concerning the SPM brand from 2006.

And as an FYI, FBDYLVR was just as affected by my situation as I was. I owe him much more than gratitude for all the help he has given me.

Well I think you should talk to a lawyer. I don't know the legalities of the situation where one person teams up with another prior shop owner to make a new company with the same name.

I remember watching something on Court TV where a shop was bought out by someone. The shop had new management but the same name. The new owner was denying warranty work for customers of the previous owner. One of the prior customers took the company to small claims court. The court ruled that the new owner is still responisble for the previous work and had to honor the past warranty. And then it was up to the current shop owner to sue the past shop owner for all the work done. Not sure if that applies in your situation, but it's somthing to look into.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Island Grown

Serious? **** dude ok, something has got to give, I will keep you posted as far as this situation goes, as of now it looks promising for my friend, but even better would be if they step up and handle the big items they screwed up on.

No problem I was just letting him know he was talking to someone else about the coming to the shop, it is much harder for you to come to the shop I know.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Serious? **** dude ok, something has got to give, I will keep you posted as far as this situation goes, as of now it looks promising for my friend, but even better would be if they step up and handle the big items they screwed up on.

No problem I was just letting him know he was talking to someone else about the coming to the shop, it is much harder for you to come to the shop I know.
No worries. But yea, it's a small hit to replace a set of headers as opposed to owning up to thousands of dollars of damage to a vehicle. Here is one of Ken's email replies,
Originally Posted by Ken
I'm sorry but I have to make this perfectly clear. Whatever happened with you and Rob in 2006 is between you and him. SP Motorsports, Inc was formed in Jan 2010 with Rob and Doug and me as partial investor and is not responsible
for any past actions of Robs sole proprietor shop (Strictly Performance). While you may want to make a blanket statement about the new company and Doug and I being associated with him, it wont fly and I will defend it. So you can bash Rob all you want, but not DTS or SP Motorsports, In. Rob is doing this out of his own free will and you need to be willing to work with him and his subcontractors.

While there were an small number of issues Rob had with customers (maybe 5), nobody hears about the hundreds of others who had a great experience.

Regards,
Ken Cannata
HP Tuners, LLC.
http://www.hptuners.com/
Old 05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

5? I think there are more than 5 people who have been screwed by Rob. Hmm I am not sure if I can do anything for you personally as I really have no ability to pull anything but I would contact a lawyer and see, I might be able to find one as a friend of my parents is the main legal person for the X-games, I can email her and see.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Thanks.

But one fact remains, I was still screwed by Robert Barth and the SPM brand. And nothing good has resulted from my situation nor has any type of amends been done to "make things right." I will be contacting them again in the near future.

Quick Reply: Deleted thread?