Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Won in traffic court!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Azrael
So you were guilty, admitted it, and lucked out and got an idiot judge. BTW, your insufficient evidence claim was and is total BS, you have no right to see a radar, radar doesn't have to be used to clock, nor does it usually record. FYI, CHP doesn't use radar traditionally they use LIDAR.

Good for you.

I assume you are a cop?
Old 04-27-2010, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had an incident on christmas eve . Traffic on the freewaay like the usual.. I was on the carpool lane and I swerved onto the right lane.... and my passenger side tire went on the other side of the lane. Cop got me for a nice ticket.. How can I fight this? My intentions weren't to merge onto the slower lanes I already had an extension
Old 04-27-2010, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
I had an incident on christmas eve . Traffic on the freewaay like the usual.. I was on the carpool lane and I swerved onto the right lane.... and my passenger side tire went on the other side of the lane. Cop got me for a nice ticket.. How can I fight this? My intentions weren't to merge onto the slower lanes I already had an extension

I think if you were technically swerving to avoid an accident it can excuse you from a carpool ticket, but like I said, I'm not lawyer. I know there are attorneys on here, maybe ask one of them, or look it up. I know there's also a sticky here that has advice on fighting tickets through mail, look that up and it should help.

And I don't mean to brag about "beating the system" or anything like that. I took full responsibility for what I did in terms of the carpool ticket, and got the fix it tickets taken care of, as well. Seeing as there's a lot of cops on here, I don't want to say something disrespectful about one cop because not all of them are bad, and I've been pulled over before and let off with a slap on the wrist. I know I wasn't going anywhere close to 84 in a 65, and I sitll got written up for it. The officer wasn't polite at all, and technically, I probably shouldn't have gotten off the ticket. But I did, and I wish the best of luck to all of you in the future, but hopefully none of you are ever in a position where you're facing 1100 dollars in fines and a F/T student working P/T.

Drive safe out there, fellas.

Quick Reply: Won in traffic court!