Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

WTF!? Happy meals are now illegal in my county!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010 | 01:03 AM
On The Tree

I think this is a good thing. Do you want this to be the future....

Old 04-29-2010 | 01:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
Damm soon ill be slanging fatty food, sugar and salt to make a living!!!
this **** had me rolling... hey yo i got 5 on that chicken nugget...

but seriously people want to complain about fat kids and bad role models from fat parents bet they will turn their life around if you slap a fine on them for mistreating their kids by making them obese!!! should start body mass indexing in elementary your too fat put their *** in a physical after school program parents don't like it call child protective service its an unhealthy way to treat a kid after all
Old 04-29-2010 | 01:18 AM
On The Tree
15 Year Member

Now it is against the law to get fat.
What about big boned.
Gotta love freedom, just not freedom fries.
Old 04-29-2010 | 01:25 AM
Launching!

there is a difference between being big boned *thick* to being obese. how can you willingly put your children through that, i'm sure little kids love sweets and all that stuff but how are you letting them choose their health lifestyle at such a young age, it's not healthy for you just like drinking and smoking aren't healthy for you they should be at an age where they can comprehend what is going to happen to them and if they want to take the risk or not
Old 04-29-2010 | 01:32 AM
On The Tree
15 Year Member

Dude it was a joke.
Lighten up.
Old 04-29-2010 | 01:37 AM
Launching!

i was just adding to my first post it wasn't directed at you except for the first part lol i was joking about the big boned thing tho
Old 04-29-2010 | 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

WTF???
Old 04-29-2010 | 01:42 AM
On The Tree

I blame technology for the increase in childhood obesity. Kids rather explore the world sitting in front of a computer screen, prefer video games over sports, and 500+ channels on TV don't help either. This wasn't the case when most of us were kids, but of course all of that could be avoided if parents were more responsible.
Old 04-29-2010 | 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Mcdonalds should be illegal everywhere because it's dog food on a bun.
Old 04-29-2010 | 03:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F-BodyMind
I blame technology for the increase in childhood obesity. Kids rather explore the world sitting in front of a computer screen, prefer video games over sports, and 500+ channels on TV don't help either. This wasn't the case when most of us were kids, but of course all of that could be avoided if parents were more responsible.
I agree.

This reminds me of all the effort to crack down on car emmissions. While every little bit helps, it will do little to stem the overall air pollution as vehicles emissions are a small percentage of overall emissions.
Old 04-29-2010 | 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think this is the biggest crock of **** I have ever heard. Why must everyone suffer because all the fatty's are getting fatter. If the fattys wanna eat themselves to death, let em!! Just one more freedom being stripped away.
Old 04-29-2010 | 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

I feel sad for the people here that say this is a good thing. Enacting laws to regulate behavior is contradictory to the core of a free society. Even laws regarding the other examples given in this thread such as "**** on the bottom shelf" or "bubblegum cigarettes" are eroding our great country and society; when we legislate what should be common sense we have jumped head first, not just down a slippery slope but one step closer to the abyss.

It is scary that people don't see this, and applaud the government for placing regulations on our thought patterns and freedom to choose.
Old 04-29-2010 | 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its just the toys that they are banning not the meal itself. Still bullshit tho, they telling you what you can and cant sell? what kind of straight BULLSHIT is this?!?!?!? Kiss freedom goodbye everyone cuz these are just the first steps.
Old 04-29-2010 | 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
Its just the toys that they are banning not the meal itself. Still bullshit tho, they telling you what you can and cant sell? what kind of straight BULLSHIT is this?!?!?!? Kiss freedom goodbye everyone cuz these are just the first steps.
True it is just the toys, but we all can see it for what it really is, a way to try to regulate the "attraction" of the Happy Meal for children; which breaks down to an attempt to legislate food choice.
Old 04-29-2010 | 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Honestly who gives a ****, i know i don't. They need to outlaw fast food all together, its all bad for you.
Old 04-29-2010 | 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Honestly who gives a ****, i know i don't. They need to outlaw fast food all together, its all bad for you.
Everything can potentially be bad for you, should we ban everything?

Red meat, alcohol, fast cars...see where I'm going here...slippery slope...
Old 04-29-2010 | 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azrael
I feel sad for the people here that say this is a good thing. Enacting laws to regulate behavior is contradictory to the core of a free society. Even laws regarding the other examples given in this thread such as "**** on the bottom shelf" or "bubblegum cigarettes" are eroding our great country and society; when we legislate what should be common sense we have jumped head first, not just down a slippery slope but one step closer to the abyss.

It is scary that people don't see this, and applaud the government for placing regulations on our thought patterns and freedom to choose.
Whats scary is that I have to pay for their health care now. So, if I have to ban their children from getting a toy and if that makes them choose the healthy choice then so be it. If that gets me an extra 5 years from paying for their diabetes medicine when they turn 25 then Im all for it.

Im getting sick of seeing 5 yr old kids that weigh 125lbs.

As I said before, common sense is NOT common sense anymore.
Old 04-29-2010 | 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bballr4567
Whats scary is that I have to pay for their health care now. So, if I have to ban their children from getting a toy and if that makes them choose the healthy choice then so be it. If that gets me an extra 5 years from paying for their diabetes medicine when they turn 25 then Im all for it.

Im getting sick of seeing 5 yr old kids that weigh 125lbs.

As I said before, common sense is NOT common sense anymore.
I am sorry, I didn't know you were the only tax payer posting in this thread!

I am sorry you were raised without an appreciation for what freedom means. I am not debating socialized healthcare, as you can imagine I am definitely not for that, but legislating common sense (thought patterns) is counter-intuitive to a free society... You know the United States of America, the very country you live in...

Hello? Are you just hearing an echo to the voice in your head or what?
Old 04-29-2010 | 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Everything can potentially be bad for you, should we ban everything?

Red meat, alcohol, fast cars...see where I'm going here...slippery slope...
Absolutely my point, but wait the time will come, and everyone here that has buried their heads in the sand will eventually (hopefully) realize that someday it will be something they care about.
Old 04-29-2010 | 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I know all about freedom. Id be careful what you assume.

Yet, some people should not have freedom. All men are NOT created equal.

Im sorry, I used to work in health care and see someone complain they are overweight and cant breathe when they sleep, then catch them eat lunch and its a triple stacker from BK with bacon and cheese and king sized drink and fries.

I dont care about "free" health care but if Im going to help pay to get someone "healthy" then I should be able to say what they hell they put in their damn kids bodies because they arent doing a damn good job of it. How is it wrong to not give a kid a toy for eating 700+ calories in one sitting? I just dont see the good in it to reward that type of behavior anymore.

Quick Reply: WTF!? Happy meals are now illegal in my county!!