Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I just saw there was a protest on Saterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the extreme responses in this thread worry me. Yeah this is a big deal but not big enough to take anyones life over. Very sad.....
Old 05-03-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

So did the OP misspell Saturday on purpose here? Mister high and mighty over the illegals can't spell one of the most common words in the English language?

All I have to be glad for is that most of you with lopsided opinions will never be in office to make a difference because of the failure to compromise (and of course basic English grammar).

This whole mess is everyone's fault; illegals and legals included. It's apathy. Sure we love to come on the internet and voice our opinion where nothing counts and no one really cared what you say but what about actually voting in elections? Have you written to your local and state representatives? If you aren't happy with the way they've voted do you bitch about it and then move on to the next shiny object or do you make sure to go to the polls and vote them out?

What happened in the 2004 election? TWO of the main hot topics were illegal immigration and the social security fund. What happened after the election? A winner was announced and everyone forgot about everything for another 4 years. Where does that get us? If lawmakers know we don't care they'll just keep on passing laws into effect. Not all of them get the same press that this one in AZ did but it all adds up. A public service for illegals here, a food program for illegals there, assisted housing for illegals after and it just keeps going on and on until the people care enough to where we are in the financial mess of the economy we are in now.

We suddenly care now because we need to point the finger at someone? We're all to blame for not caring earlier.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I may in a few words, my point of view, to me, America defines itself as land of the great, land of opportunity, land of achievement and success. Long story short, The American Dream. People from ALL over, not just Mexicans as to how some of you seem to put it now a days, come illegally to start a new life. Everyone Is Illegal In any state.
Yea I was lucky to be born in such a beautiful country. we all are.
we thank our parents, our grandfathers, etc that came to this country for the same reason people are still coming in today.
Did we all forget that?
It looks like a few of you get mad because they are here illegally taking free **** and what not, but then again, how do we eat?
who picks the food etc. You should be able to support someone who wants to make a living like we all do, be able to feed a family, to support them as well, like we all do, Like Great Americans Do.
Whats happening in AZ, its messed up. You get pulled over for passing a red light or stop sign, you dont have proper papers, you get arrested, detention and from there any action necessary, maybe even deportation which is wrong. What happen to being covered by our Bill of Rights. This goes for everyone, not just certain people you know.
America is everyone.
Thats all I have to say...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree on doing things legally but most people are misinformed. The majority of illegals work jobs that no one else would do even if they were broke. Pick fruits, gardeners, fast food... as a career, I dont think most "Americans" woud do those jobs. Most illegals are very underpaid and dont get government assistance. Some even though they use fake i.d's pay taxes... or at least theyre taken out of there checks. Truth is that there are WAY more "Americans" that were born and bred here that are living off of government assistance programs and our tax money, way more citizens than illegals. Maybe we should concentrate on that too? How about we get those lazy *** citizens who claim they cant find work to work fixing roads or cleaning streets and making them work period before they get a check of any kind? How about no welfare or WIC or anything until you prove that you and everyone capable in your home are working. We have to help the working, not the lazy. I can support a small family with the taxes they take out of my pay every year so yeah I hate paying all those taxes and taxes on my home and not seeing **** for it, or driving down a jacked up street cause theres no money to fix it. But I realizes that we need the lower class and those so called illegal workers because they support our economy in the sense that without them prices would rise for having to pay citizens more because I know for damn sure no one here would pick grapes for $0.50 a box.. forget hourly pay. We need to enforce stricter rules for those on or asking for government assistance and we need to come up with a better system to regulate immigrants and allow them to work on a permit or something as they pay taxes like everyone else. The problem extends far beyond "Mexican" illegals but thats easier to target by the media. Do people not know that there are millions of illegal asians as well that get together to buy homes and make the real estate market harder for "American" firts time buyers? Mexicans arent the only illegals here you know but its easier to target the country right next to you. So if you dislike these "mexican illegals" so much, dont eat fast food, cut your own grass, grow your own food and cook it yourself, fix your own car and make your own clothes. We need to fix the system because people will always do what the system allows them to do.

Last edited by C5natie; 05-07-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
We suddenly care now because we need to point the finger at someone? We're all to blame for not caring earlier.
agreed

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
If I may in a few words, my point of view, to me, America defines itself as land of the great, land of opportunity, land of achievement and success. Long story short, The American Dream. People from ALL over, not just Mexicans as to how some of you seem to put it now a days, come illegally to start a new life. Everyone Is Illegal In any state.
Yea I was lucky to be born in such a beautiful country. we all are.
we thank our parents, our grandfathers, etc that came to this country for the same reason people are still coming in today.
Did we all forget that?
It looks like a few of you get mad because they are here illegally taking free **** and what not, but then again, how do we eat?
who picks the food etc. You should be able to support someone who wants to make a living like we all do, be able to feed a family, to support them as well, like we all do, Like Great Americans Do.
Whats happening in AZ, its messed up. You get pulled over for passing a red light or stop sign, you dont have proper papers, you get arrested, detention and from there any action necessary, maybe even deportation which is wrong. What happen to being covered by our Bill of Rights. This goes for everyone, not just certain people you know.
America is everyone.
Thats all I have to say...
so you believe in open borders basically? That would bring this country crashing down.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Well one of my main concerns is why is there support and help for people to cross the border illegally? In my mind, that is encouraging people to cross ilegally. For example, I belive it was a college professor who created an app for smart phones that showed trafficers how to navigate the terrain around checkpoints. Another is one I read in the newspaper that a man brings barrels of fresh water and places them in the desert for the illegals crossing the border.

Some say it is being humane, but I just see it as added incentive to cross illegally. I support legal immigration 100% and would even support immigration reform that would allow more people into the country. But I have no respect for someone who comes illegally. Being illegal is stealing freedom, and freedom isnt free.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's funny...no stupid. It's harder to become a citizen of Mexico than it is for this country. Even Mexico-born individuals aren't by default Mexican citizens! Here in the US, if you're born here, you're a citizen. It's become so easy for people to move here and illegally live off the "system", why wouldn't people come over here and try to get away with it illegally!!!!!!! I say more power to Arizona!!! Someone finally took the first step!
Old 05-03-2010, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 180ls1
agreed

so you believe in open borders basically? That would bring this country crashing down.
I think theyre shouldnt be any borders.
We have people of different races and colors here.

how would it crash?

Last edited by Mr.z/28; 05-03-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bottom line is there will always be immigrants and there aint **** anyone can do about it period....
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

how would it crash?
why even have state and nation lines then if thats the case right? (that was sarcasm). America would turn to anarchy if we had no borders.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

how would it crash?
Terrorists could get into the country a lot easier that way...
Old 05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
Terrorists could get into the country a lot easier that way...
none of that would matter, because the US wouldnt be a country worth bombing.

Our economy is dependent on having a society where a majority of its people contribute ot the society. If you let in all of the free loaders of the world then our economy will fail. Osama and his buddies wouldnt have any interest in bombing us as we wouldnt have any power anymore.

the ignorance in this thread is horrible. Theres the people crying RACISM and calling out the opposers...why? because they are illegal themselves, have family that is illegal, or have family that employs illegals.

Then you get the few who are opposed to illegals saying to kill them. You are all morons, and none of you belong in the country. Americans dont kill people for breaking laws, we put them through a trial and punish them appropriately.

All it comes down to is our contry is fucked up. We elect people who claim one thing, then change once they get elected. The entire system is so corrupt that it will fail. I wold love to see the fall out from this epic failure.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

I say deport them. How many Illegals kill our people, don't have licenses, don't have car insurance, Don't have ****..And when we apply for certain jobs we have to speak Bilingual..**** dat chit. SPEAK ENGLISH..If you don't like it, get the **** out..Surprised this thread hasn't been locked.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
bottom line is there will always be immigrants and there aint **** anyone can do about it period....
I don't think very many people are against immigrants...they are against illegal immigrants who are milking the system & increasing our already rampant crime rate.

I am 3rd generation American (my Grandparents came here from the Netherlands in the late 20's). They always told us how they HAD to be able to read & write english, and prove that they had a job skill & get a job before they could become an American citizen. My Grandpa lived in Iowa for many years working on a dairy, then moved to So. Cal. and mowed lawns for a living. They did what it took to be an American Citizen & showed pride in those things. And the most important part is they never complained & stood with thier hand out to the Government.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why don't we just put this into law: Driving while brown will get you 5-10 and deported. lol

Really I'm pretty much against all new laws. Too many fkn bureaucrats rewriting the laws we already have and putting it out there like it's some big break-thru. We need to put some of these law makers to work doing something productive, like picking strawberries.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dan
I say deport them. How many Illegals kill our people, don't have licenses, don't have car insurance, Don't have ****..And when we apply for certain jobs we have to speak Bilingual..**** dat chit. SPEAK ENGLISH..If you don't like it, get the **** out..Surprised this thread hasn't been locked.
so just because i speak both languages, and for the reason that im 1st generation american i have to speak English? STFU FOOL! you fucken dumb *** ************ SPEAK ENGLISH AND WRITE ENGLISH! fucken idiots in here....
Old 05-03-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 0235SS
so just because i speak both languages, and for the reason that im 1st generation american i have to speak English? STFU FOOL! you fucken dumb *** ************ SPEAK ENGLISH AND WRITE ENGLISH! fucken idiots in here....
I don't see a need to get all angry in a thread; this isn't a "whose dick is bigger" contest and violent words make everyone look immature. I get where you are coming from Danny though honestly.

Where I sit with this is that I do believe it is a waste of money for public (and some private) agencies to have to provide documentation in 11+ languages to be politically correct and I do support for everyone who lives in the united states to give the effort to read and write english.

Does mexico have everything in english at your request at a train station or airport because you happen to be from the states? Exactly. That's not to say that you can't speak anything but english; it's a free country. English is this nation's language and all should be respectful enough to understand it.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well the good news is later this year on the ballot should be whether or not weed will be legal. How about them apples?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dan
Yeah, if any of my family members were to be killed, it better be by a legal citizen
Old 05-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Well the good news is later this year on the ballot should be whether or not weed will be legal. How about them apples?
yezzir... cant wait

Quick Reply: I just saw there was a protest on Saterday