Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98BlkFormula
how about not doing the crime.......
hypocrite no?
it was a misdemeanor charge,
i guarantee everybody on this forum has committed a crime worth a misdemeanor charge.
if you have ever done a burnout or 20 mph past the posted speed limit you can be charged with misdemeanor reckless driving
Old 05-07-2010, 01:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
hypocrite no?
it was a misdemeanor charge,
i guarantee everybody on this forum has committed a crime worth a misdemeanor charge.
if you have ever done a burnout or 20 mph past the posted speed limit you can be charged with misdemeanor reckless driving
ok, put yourself in the cops place. You are given orders to go in a house where you don't know if the owner is gonna welcome you with a 12 gage or full cooperation, how would you have handled it? Personally i would want to make it home that night. Now the dog's im sure were doing their job and were trying to protect their home like most dogs would. The video didn't show if the dogs were trying to attack but hearing them bark and then hearing the owner say "they were trying to play with you" im guessing the dog's were trying to protect the house. I don't know this guys background/ criminal record so for me its kinda hard to pick a side.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Teching In

i dont buy this "well they are just tryin to get home safe" type of thinking. is this really the first time a cop has had an encounter with a dog? they cant think of a better solution then to shoot the dog? and the dog was crying for about 5 seconds before a couple of more shots rang out. that means that the dog was still alive after the first shot, but they just wanted to finish the job. cops are in a position of power, and often abuse that power. i do know there are good cops out there, but id say there is a whole lot of bad ones also. and just for the record, i agree with the cop that that tazered that kid during the phillies game, but i still think killing the dog was excessive...
Old 05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with the guy that says the cops are only following orders and are going in ready.

That house could have easily been a full blown meth lab with 10 armed and danderous men in there...granted, I don't know the whole situation, or the facts leading up to the raid.

We'll see what people say when cops perform another search, open the door with tazers and pepper spray in hand and get blown away by a AK47...how would their families feel?
I'd rather it be a dog shot, than a team of police officers.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Launching!

If you think it's ok to shoot someones dog like that in a family home then you are a monster and should have a psych evaluation, that dog cried out in pain for many more than 5 seconds and for a misdemeanor amount of marijuana? disgraces the entire criminal justice system. Those people that have dogs that are part of the family will find that part almost unbearable and extremely enraging as I did.

Edit, I'm entering my final year at school for a 4 year criminal justice degree. I'm not very proud of the system sometimes.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Launching!

Sad. All that for something thats almost legal (soon to be) in CA. I'm not a cop basher, but I hope those dicks die an agonizing death.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by thatguy383
If you think it's ok to shoot someones dog like that in a family home then you are a monster and should have a psych evaluation, that dog cried out in pain for many more than 5 seconds and for a misdemeanor amount of marijuana? disgraces the entire criminal justice system. Those people that have dogs that are part of the family will find that part almost unbearable and extremely enraging as I did.

Edit, I'm entering my final year at school for a 4 year criminal justice degree. I'm not very proud of the system sometimes.
The police were sent to this "family home" for a reason. Its not like the police were driving by one day and decided to raid this house because they didn't like the color of the house. One more thing to consider is that lots of criminals now use dogs as weapons because they are "legal weapons". Again the video didn't show if the dogs were charging the police. I mean if the video was more like this i would 100% agree with you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eq2lXZ32H0

Last edited by 98BlkFormula; 05-07-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Teching In

something led the police to the house. I dont agree with a lot of drug laws but I do respect them because they are there.

the dog did something to draw the attention of the police, the dog obviously wasnt chilling on the couch waiting for someone to come pet it.

it doesnt matter that the kid watched it happen, the actions of anyone defending him/herself does not depend on the audience. If I am ever in a situation where there is a dog growling/lunging at me and I am armed the dog is going to die, pretty simple, I dont care if its in my front yard and there are a bunch of kids playing next door.

My dog doesnt playfully bite or growl at anyone because I trained him that way. If he barks it is only until I am aware of the situation he is barking at and then he stops. I trained him that way because I dont want a guard dog, I want an alert dog. I will make the decision on how to defend myself/my property, not the dog.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those *************!!!!!!
*excuse the langue*
God it hurts me that they did that to the poor dog.
Just hearing it cry breaks my heart. Was that necessary?
From what I read on the on the link and saw on the vid, the guy seemed to be cooperative. **** THE POLICE! Everyday they seem to get worst.
Please dont bash on me for what Im writing down. Its my opinion etc.
If I were him, Id take legal action, sue the department, dog cruelty etc.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I'm on the wrong coast but I'll comment anyway. I'm very pro cop and comment in most of these threads that I come by.

First of all, like some reasonable people have said, SWAT was there for a reason. The search warrant was brought before a judge and signed. Search warrants like these are NOT proposed for misdemeanor weed. There was something more to it.

There's a reason these are called High Risk Search Warrants. Pretty self explanatory. Its high risk. You have no idea what's on the other side of that door. Less lethal munitions are RARELY ever a consideration while serving a no knock warrant.

Pepper spray will contaminate everyone in that house BUT the dog... taser, yes that could work, but if the cop has a gun in his hand and gets charged by a dog, he's not gonna say oh wait hold on doggy let me get a taser before you bite my nuts off.

None of us can see what happened in the back rooms in regards to the dog. I have personally seen a dog shot about six times with a .223 and 4 or 5 9mm and still charge, finally being put down with 00 buck to the head. So who knows.

On the other hand, from what I could see on the video, their tactics looked HORRIBLE and completely half-assed.

Not taking either side, just offering another perspective.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think most people are horrified because they immediately think, what if that was my house, my family, my dog...

Simple...don't get caught up in drugs and the cops won't have a reason to bust down your door to raid you.

Not trying to undermine the success rate of the Narcotics division of the Police Department, but do you really think every raid is going to hit the mother load with a bazillion kilos laying on a table? No. Just because they only found a little pot, doesn't mean that family is not tied up into bigger drug organizations.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ you are right about people getting caught up and not expecting to endanger their loved ones.

On the other hand, swat should be fully aware of the type of setting they're entering (children present? type of criminal? dogs?).

Now both sides will pay. I have plenty of friends who are cops and even swat, and I can care less about bashing. But the video looks pretty clear to me. SWAT done messed up here.

My dog is like my child, watching this had my blood boiling. This was one of those cases that you rather not be aware of
Old 05-07-2010, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Evaporate

On the other hand, swat should be fully aware of the type of setting they're entering (children present? type of criminal? dogs?
I agree, BUT 90% of the time the information is collected from a confidential informant (i.e. another criminal) who really doesn't give a **** and doesn't give them accurate information.

And even with accurate intel, you will still never know what to expect. Just because there's not SUPPOSED to be kids or dogs or guns doesn't mean there won't be. And just because the guy may have no priors doesn't mean he won't blow your head off going through the door.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bullshit with the "taking orders."
I have a cousin who used to do this kinda stuff, and he told me "If youre scared of what youre doing, then youre in the wrong field."
Now i know safety is important, but ****** shouldnt be allowed to work with a gun if theyre just gonna shoot at everything that scares them. They shouldve known a dog isnt just gonna sit in a corner quietly and let strangers push its famly around.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zlow28
I have a cousin who used to do this kinda stuff, and he told me "If youre scared of what youre doing, then youre in the wrong field."
Now i know safety is important, but ****** shouldnt be allowed to work with a gun if theyre just gonna shoot at everything that scares them. They shouldve known a dog isnt just gonna sit in a corner quietly and let strangers push its famly around.
So they are *****'s because they didnt let the dog bite them or are they *****'s because the killed the dog
Old 05-07-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zlow28
So ask your cousin if he would have just let a dog attack him?
Old 05-07-2010, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

******* sickening.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Ya i would have blown the dogs brains out too. Thats a ****** scary dog, and could have easily brought me down.. if i was a midget..

Pieces of ****.

Ok i understand the pitbull since its reputation is a little more violent but i have had one, and mine was the nicest dog in the world.

Also, i have seen parties busted in town with a more thought out plan. Why didnt the cops surround the house and all the entrances, knock and if he tries to get away you got him. Then enter but knowing the surroundings. But when you bust into someones house like this and start shootin up peoples dogs with kids present, like what-the-****? Learn how to do your job more efficiently, and go for a jog fat *****.

Thats option #1.

Option #2 you could just not be a pot head? I think both sides are at fault, to some degree.
Attached Thumbnails omfg watch this-pembroke_welsh_corgi403.41666666667x_1191990475515.jpg  
Old 05-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Banned

What really needs to happen is the police department, or at least the ones handling the investigation, need to do a bit more research before busting down doors.

My father has been a police officer with the Manhattan Beach PD for 30 years now, in that tenure he has been a detective, detective sergeant, swat member, swat commander, K-9 handler, administrative sergeant/lieutenant and is currently an administrative captain. I showed him this video and he agrees that PD's are not doing the leg work and just plain getting lazy with the investigative process that should lead up to a search warrant being executed and just calling SWAT, because its easier.

Its a shame. This isn't the first instance where the police have executed a search warrant on a house that isnt involved with anything, just to find a miniscual amount of pot, or even nothing at all, all simply based off of a CI's statement. Its becoming more and more common.

Hell, last year SWAT executed a search warrant on a house, where there was no wrong-doing, all based on a tip from a CI. Guess what happened when they busted through the door at 4am?? The homeowner opened fire with a 12ga, thinking that they were getting robbed. Luckily nobody was harmed, the police found NOTHING and then had to pay for repairs to the house and give a public apology for their lazyness of not researching the CI's tip to see if it was even legit.

The judges and detectives are all just getting too lazy and executing search warrants based on little to no evidence at all. Thats the real problem.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 AM
9 Second Club

The guy in the house was definitely a guy who's been up against the law a few times. He wouldn't even give his name. He's been there before.

However if that wasn't excessive force I don't know what is. In order to get a smash order on the door they must've had evidence that there were drug transactions going on in that house. That means that they woud've had to have purchased drugs from this guy with a plant. Otherwise the judge who signed the order needs to be removed from his/her seat! Also if they did their homework they would've known that there was a child in there and they had to protect the innocent. That means they should've grabbed the guy on the way in or out and then walked him into the house. Also they should ask do you have any pets, weapons in the house.

This has to be one of the most moronic displays of poor police work I've ever seen.

In the Chicago area a guy who worked at my company was busted walking out of his house. They knew what time he left for work and how many people were in the house. They also knew there were two large dogs in the house. They served the warrant on the guy as he was leaving the house. They had animal control there to make sure they dogs were taken care of. They then calmly searched the house and found a load of crack there hidden away. The guys now in prison and the dogs were adopted by others.

These guys did their homework.

The guys in the video had no clue.

Quick Reply: omfg watch this