Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Tuner can't tune my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was simply asking it went 10 what and was it on spray or motor ?? what ere the 60fts?? But i didnt want to get off topic or bag on your setup eitehr it was a dick thing to do so i didnt
Old 05-26-2010, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 209ryder
I was simply asking it went 10 what and was it on spray or motor ?? what ere the 60fts?? But i didnt want to get off topic or bag on your setup eitehr it was a dick thing to do so i didnt
Heads/Cam/Nitrous 346 (LS6 block LS1 that came in the car) went 10.42 @130 with a stalled A4. The 454 just got broken in and hasn't been sprayed yet, needless to say it has a lot more rwhp than the H/C/N did during the 10.4 run on motor alone, then a 300 shot on top.

Why would I be insulted? Were you actually going to try and bag on my setup when you don't even have a time slip or dyno numbers? Quite a few know me and my wife in person, and know what our car did. Right now it should definitely be faster than 10's but we also need to upgrade our cage and throw a kill switch on it.

The other thing you can do is click on the picture in my signature and visit our FQuick page to see timeslips and dates and the notes regarding the runs.

EDIT: Comparing what you have in your signature to what we had in our car when we did run the 10.4@130, you should be as fast and if you aren't I would indeed look at changing your tuner!

Last edited by Azrael; 05-26-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

Ok i see i thought you went 10's on the new setup. But those are decent times and numbers for h/c/n car. I hope for mid 10's on my new setup that hasnt been revealed yet but hopefully soon. best of luck with the new setup cant wait to see it in action or a vid.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
maybe he had alot of work on the schedule? ever thought of that? or maybe you expect him to just screw all his other customers and tune your car instead....
He had one truck in his shop that was it so I doubt he was busy.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 209ryder
Ok i see i thought you went 10's on the new setup. But those are decent times and numbers for h/c/n car. I hope for mid 10's on my new setup that hasnt been revealed yet but hopefully soon. best of luck with the new setup cant wait to see it in action or a vid.
With some tire, you should definitely see mid-low 10's, especially if you can out 60' our slightly decent 1.6!! Good luck!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
Originally Posted by 1SIC_GM View Post
We i bought my new motor I took it to Newtech and the did a base tune to break in my motor. They later called me just to make sure everything was OK and to see how many miles have I put on the motor so I get a full tune. Everyone has bad experiences with tuners.... I took my car to rick@synergy and he didnt want to tune it becuase he didnt have time the whole week so I said **** YOU and left and went to NEWTECH and been happy ever since.

maybe he had alot of work on the schedule? ever thought of that? or maybe you expect him to just screw all his other customers and tune your car instead....
Lol I waited for my tune from you for half a week. That guy has no patience.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Lol I waited for my tune from you for half a week. That guy has no patience.
I'm very inpatient
Old 05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well be glad you didn't have to wait a month for a ported intake from Vengeance when they kept telling me it would be there the next day.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Teching In

I need it done fast cuz it was my DD at the time thats why. A month I would have gone crazy.LOL
Old 05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

I have about 1500 cars tuned under my belt, I guess people finally caught on to me and I cant tune!

People are so quick to point the finger at the tuner and not themselves and their car. I tell people all the time if your car is messed up I dont work for free and im not going to fix your mess unless you want to pay me to do so, plain and simple. Can I fix just about any and everything, YES. You will pay for my knowledge and expertise if you choose to do so.

About the specific issue at hand in this thread, I remember the car and person vaguely. A simple phone call or PM to ask wether or not thier timing and air fuel were legit would have sufficed, I have no problems answering those questions. The car doesnt make power as expected, the tune was there at the time, the power was not, I suggest you look elsewhere for the missing power as there are quite a few variables, and my end IMPO is ruled out. Good luck OP this is cars, this is the way it goes sometimes.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Not trying to be bias here...But +1 for Newtech here
Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol I never once mentioned on this thread who the tuner was
Old 05-27-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wicked-98
lol I never once mentioned on this thread who the tuner was
Funny, I thought it was NickN2O that tuned it after reading his post.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickn20
I have about 1500 cars tuned under my belt, I guess people finally caught on to me and I cant tune!

People are so quick to point the finger at the tuner and not themselves and their car. I tell people all the time if your car is messed up I dont work for free and im not going to fix your mess unless you want to pay me to do so, plain and simple. Can I fix just about any and everything, YES. You will pay for my knowledge and expertise if you choose to do so.

About the specific issue at hand in this thread, I remember the car and person vaguely. A simple phone call or PM to ask wether or not thier timing and air fuel were legit would have sufficed, I have no problems answering those questions. The car doesnt make power as expected, the tune was there at the time, the power was not, I suggest you look elsewhere for the missing power as there are quite a few variables, and my end IMPO is ruled out. Good luck OP this is cars, this is the way it goes sometimes.
People are quick to point fingers at the tune because they don't understand it. They expect miracles from your computer to fix all there mechanical issues.

However you still seem to be charging a little much at $550 for a heads/cam car.

And how did you go about diagnosing the bad cam? Obviously there was something because you charged him less and didn't finish the tune(whatever that means). Yet now you claim that is was "there at the time".
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 897 Likes on 639 Posts

Headed back there ---------------->epic

There was another thread not to long ago where the tuner/shop got bashed. Ended up it didn't have the heads or cam in it that it was suppose to have.

All in all we don't know enough about the whole combo, how it was put together, if was put together right to decide who is to blame.

I hope my build goes better than this.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
People are quick to point fingers at the tune because they don't understand it. They expect miracles from your computer to fix all there mechanical issues.

However you still seem to be charging a little much at $550 for a heads/cam car.

And how did you go about diagnosing the bad cam? Obviously there was something because you charged him less and didn't finish the tune(whatever that means). Yet now you claim that is was "there at the time".
I totally agree with you, people dont understand, my experience and cars built and tuned speaks for itself, from the data logs and AFR if the power was to be found I would have found it, it just wasnt there. As far as the price goes, the car was on my dyno two times, not once. Hopefuilly that will clear up some confusion as to a justification of my pricing, even though us CA shops put up with way more BS and cost of operation than most of the country, I feel we are very competitive with the rest of the nation.

I support my customers at all times, they can call me anytime, stop by the shop and talk about their car and their tune as Azrael had posted earlier that I did for him and his wife.

I claimed the AFR and timing were there to show the cars power, meaning AFR was mid to upper 12s and timing was decent but still a tad conservative, there was no way 40 hp was missing from adding a few degrees and leaning out to 13.2 which I wont do for cars leaving my dyno anyway. I didn't diagnose anything I made suggestions as to by why the car doesn't make the power as expected, when tuning a car we didnt work on thats all I can really do.

Nick
Old 05-27-2010, 01:42 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Headed back there ---------------->epic

There was another thread not to long ago where the tuner/shop got bashed. Ended up it didn't have the heads or cam in it that it was suppose to have.

All in all we don't know enough about the whole combo, how it was put together, if was put together right to decide who is to blame.

I hope my build goes better than this.
If you put together a solid proven combo and go to a competent tuner you really shouldnt have any issues man.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by eamador11
top tuners i would go to in cali are andy at A&A or Charlie at RPM Motorsport
Give A&A a call and ask them about Newtech. We are a dealer for them and Andy regularly sends me his customers to support from time to time and vice versa. I have personally been down there to visit with them and hang out for a weekend.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:01 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im moving this bitch to regionals. It has lost all epicness.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Try living on the west coast Everything is just a little more expensive... OK a lot haha

Quick Reply: Tuner can't tune my car