Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Shit is getting crazy

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast01z28
i agree with all thats been said except for 1 thing. Yes, Obama is looking the other way, but so has Bush 1 and Bush 2, Clinton, and all of the previous presidents. its not like Obama took the fences down, they were never erected.

I know that everyone says that the boarder is federal policy, but why cant a CA governor put up a fence in CA land? Hell, electrify it while youre at it. If you really dont want people in then there are ways to stop it, nobody is interested in stopping the flow.
Truth be told, everyone I've met doesn't really care about border policies and what not, this awarness about it really jumped off because of the whole Arizona thing. It's kind of made everyone go hey I'm on this side and your on that side but it'll subside like the whole minute men ordeal did a couple of years ago (at least here in California I think) because like you said, it survived like 4 or 5 presidencies. But I also think one of the main reasons why some people wouldnt care is because it's not really effecting them, I mean lets be honest, most of California is filled with immigrants like us (me) already. Even this thread was started not on the basis of "immigration policy" but on "Drug trafficking," and another example of why people don't care because it doesn't effect them is the same reason why we don't have a "man this Oil Spill if bugging me" thread getting lots of hits here either.

All in all I would say if Obama were to do anything first it would be to fix that Oil Spill, second get some federal law on immigration started or something because from what I just heard, Nebraska is also starting to create their own laws already....
Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seizure of 400lbs of weed on horseback?

i think thats a small exaggeration. you would need like 25 horses
Old 06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
The only strange thing is 400 lbs of weed on horse? I dunno if you guys have seen one lb. of weed it is not that small, I mean it is possible but that would be noticeable.
Originally Posted by Nacho SS
seizure of 400lbs of weed on horseback?

i think thats a small exaggeration. you would need like 25 horses

when they smuggle weed its compressed very tightly, i have seen large amounts of weed directly from Mexico, and would have to say it would be possible for 3 or 4 horses to carry that much.
they pay these illegals lots of money to smuggle this stuff so they maximize as much weed per person as possible
Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think arizona needs a bunch o rednecks with barrets and chainguns patrollin the border in h1 haha, give some people work at least. Just seein them drivin around would make think twice.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
when they smuggle weed its compressed very tightly, i have seen large amounts of weed directly from Mexico, and would have to say it would be possible for 3 or 4 horses to carry that much.
they pay these illegals lots of money to smuggle this stuff so they maximize as much weed per person as possible
I dunno from the 1lb. bricks I have seen it is compressed but 400lbs is 400lbs whether it is in a small package or large package.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
I think arizona needs a bunch o rednecks with barrets and chainguns patrollin the border in h1 haha, give some people work at least. Just seein them drivin around would make think twice.
I think I would laugh at that and it would be entertainment on this side of the border for sure lol.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

dammit ref!! now everything i read is in the gangland dudes voice.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

According to a more recent article, they guarded the truck while the smugglers ran back to mexico, and imo they probably waited for on duty BP to get the drugs.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/22...ted-drug-load/
Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

These Drug cartels will never stop, there is too much money to be made smuggling drugs in the USA(supply in demand). As soon as they arrest/kill one boss there is another guy waiting for his chance to take over the whole operation. The border problem has been going on for many many years. The only way things will get better is if people stop doing drugs....yeah that's going to happen.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Please read my entire post

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
These Drug cartels will never stop, there is too much money to be made smuggling drugs in the USA(supply in demand). As soon as they arrest/kill one boss there is another guy waiting for his chance to take over the whole operation. The border problem has been going on for many many years. The only way things will get better is if people stop doing drugs....yeah that's going to happen.
I completely agree. Drug cartels are scum... a total waste of oxygen and space and both the US and Mexico agree on that.

Now, how will the supply ever stop if demand keeps surging? These cartels need to be stopped, but if we don't do something about our horrid addiction to the very same drugs that these cartels are selling us, we will continue to bitch and complain about how they are using our money to *** rape us. Pretty sad.. isn't it?

Also... roughly 90%+ of the assault weapons that the cartels use not only in Mexico, but the US are supplied by businesses on this side of the border. Hell, I've read articles and seen pictures where guns shows are held RIGHT at the border facing Mexico. By the way, fire arms are illegal in Mexico.

So... let me sum it up. These pieces of **** sell us their drugs. They then turn around and use that **** load of cash to expand their business as well as buy A LOT of powerful weapons from.. you guessed it.. us.

This will continue til the end of time until everybody starts taking responsibility for their actions. Yes, Mexico has to get their act together, but come on... we in America need to take responsibility for what our damn addictions have fueled. If by some miracle of God, Mexico completely eradicates the cartels, but we don't do anything about our Damn addiction problem, then some other country will take our money. I'm sure China is dying to tap into the US drug trade. Hell, we might even get an old flame from the past... Colombia, this one goes out to you!

Of course, this being a free enterprise business and all, prices would most definitely go up due to the increased cost of transporting the "Goods" over a greater distance as well as the increased trouble that these new cartels will have to go through in order to supply us with our "Medicine."

I know that this is a very emotional issue, but it's very important that all the facts are known. After all, doing the same **** over and over and expecting a different outcome is not only insane, but ******* stupid. (Einstein - changed the quote a bit)

Anybody else care to agree?

Joel
Old 06-23-2010, 04:20 PM
12 Second Club

I totally agree and have one opinion on the use of marjiuana.

First off, I'm not a user and never have been. Period.

I for one am close to siding with the idea of just legalizing it.

1) Tax the hell out of it and get our asses outta debt
2) Free up some of our resources whom otherwise are spent fighting the importing of it.

Why would you pay jacked up street prices when you can go to Wal Mart and pay rolled back prices
Old 06-23-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only strange thing is 400 lbs of weed on horse? I dunno if you guys have seen one lb. of weed it is not that small, I mean it is possible but that would be noticeable.
I doubt they straddled the horses with 400lb of weed, when is the last time an off duty cop grabs evidence and stuffs it in a saddle bag or personal vehicle?

I'm sure they made a call to get some uniforms out there to help handle it, they just got credit for the "find" if you will.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by joelx21
I completely agree. Drug cartels are scum... a total waste of oxygen and space and both the US and Mexico agree on that.

Now, how will the supply ever stop if demand keeps surging? These cartels need to be stopped, but if we don't do something about our horrid addiction to the very same drugs that these cartels are selling us, we will continue to bitch and complain about how they are using our money to *** rape us. Pretty sad.. isn't it?

Also... roughly 90%+ of the assault weapons that the cartels use not only in Mexico, but the US are supplied by businesses on this side of the border. Hell, I've read articles and seen pictures where guns shows are held RIGHT at the border facing Mexico. By the way, fire arms are illegal in Mexico.

So... let me sum it up. These pieces of **** sell us their drugs. They then turn around and use that **** load of cash to expand their business as well as buy A LOT of powerful weapons from.. you guessed it.. us.

This will continue til the end of time until everybody starts taking responsibility for their actions. Yes, Mexico has to get their act together, but come on... we in America need to take responsibility for what our damn addictions have fueled. If by some miracle of God, Mexico completely eradicates the cartels, but we don't do anything about our Damn addiction problem, then some other country will take our money. I'm sure China is dying to tap into the US drug trade. Hell, we might even get an old flame from the past... Colombia, this one goes out to you!

Of course, this being a free enterprise business and all, prices would most definitely go up due to the increased cost of transporting the "Goods" over a greater distance as well as the increased trouble that these new cartels will have to go through in order to supply us with our "Medicine."

I know that this is a very emotional issue, but it's very important that all the facts are known. After all, doing the same **** over and over and expecting a different outcome is not only insane, but ******* stupid. (Einstein - changed the quote a bit)

Anybody else care to agree?

Joel
You nailed it Bro!

The drug war will never end until we put a stop to our drug addiction's. Even if they find away to put a end to our problem at the mexican border, did we forget about the smuggling going on at the Canadian border as well.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IT_SS
i wish every person who opposed Arizona's law could read this...
This and also California Penal Code 834(b)... Usually shuts most people up when I show it to them after they have been bitching about Arizona and their "new law"
Old 06-23-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mike@zms
this and also california penal code 834(b)... Usually shuts most people up when i show it to them after they have been bitching about arizona and their "new law"
lol.^^^
Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

I posted that cali law on my FB to help spread the proof of ignorance and hypocrisy in cali legislators. I literally laughed out loud when someone showed me that code.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah so ummm what about illegals? lol, not like anything will be done here too many pussies to sit behind a desk and say ohh I want those votes, **** it my family worked hard to come here legally **** you if you are illegal you pretty much tell my family to go **** off and thats not taken lightly by us Irish folk. Im just lettin ya know.
Dude... woke up on the wrong side of the bed?? Thanks for "letting" me know. Wait.. I'm legal now... a college graduate.. I have a great job, life is good In fact... some would say that I'm a damn good contributor to society. Let me see... I pay a good share of taxes, I mentor kids, I teach English classes pro bono. Also.. I have this really bad habit of working with handicap children when I have time off work.

Now...I didn't share all of that to show off or as a proverbial middle finger. Hopefully some of you will see that not all of us are the monsters that we've been made out to be.

Even as a former illegal alien myself (I came here illegally at the age of 3, and was legalized at the age of 9... I am now 28) I can understand why people would be upset about this issue. I can't blame you for wanting all of this resolved... but do you remember the **** that your ancestors went through when they first came here???

You're declaring a ******* ethnic war "**** you if you are illegal you pretty much tell my family to go **** off and thats not taken lightly by us Irish folk. Im just lettin ya know"(Exactly your quote, spelling and all) As a history buff I know full well what the poor Irish men and women went through, I would never dare use the **** that your ancestors went though to prove a ******* point. Come on man.. have some respect.. if not for all, at least for your ancestors. I'm sure that you're aware that the Irish were beaten, robbed, raped among other things by the ethnic groups that were already established here in the US.

I know that it's late and that you probably had a bit too much to drink... but seriously... think before you type. How is this ever going to be solved when both extremes (I'm speaking about the far left and the far right) can't even take their heads out of their asses in order to formulate a sentence that doesn't make them look like complete nut jobs.

I'm pretty sure that I've met you at a cruise, meet, or a show. I have yet to meet somebody from this board that I didn't get along with... even if we have completely different ways of looking at things. So I'm going to trust that you are a cool guy. I believe in respecting other people's points of views... but again.. this kind of ranting won't get much done other than pissing people off.

Well.. that's the way I see it.

Joel
Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

solution:
legalize all drugs and tax the crap out of it
benefits:
1)governmant gets some needed revenue
2)it ***** the cartels because now people can buy it legally no more need for smuggling
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

I honestly have no issues with illegals like your Joel. Your family came here actually looking for a better life, and put hard work in. Kudos for that. But there are far too many illegals abusing social systems and commiting crimes, and unfortunatly, casts a bad light on all illegals. BUT...that is for a different thread. Back to these drug dealing *******. That is the kind of **** why we need military personal on the boarder, especially with LEO's being threatened.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joelx21
Dude... woke up on the wrong side of the bed?? Thanks for "letting" me know. Wait.. I'm legal now... a college graduate.. I have a great job, life is good In fact... some would say that I'm a damn good contributor to society. Let me see... I pay a good share of taxes, I mentor kids, I teach English classes pro bono. Also.. I have this really bad habit of working with handicap children when I have time off work.

Now...I didn't share all of that to show off or as a proverbial middle finger. Hopefully some of you will see that not all of us are the monsters that we've been made out to be.

Even as a former illegal alien myself (I came here illegally at the age of 3, and was legalized at the age of 9... I am now 28) I can understand why people would be upset about this issue. I can't blame you for wanting all of this resolved... but do you remember the **** that your ancestors went through when they first came here???

You're declaring a ******* ethnic war "**** you if you are illegal you pretty much tell my family to go **** off and thats not taken lightly by us Irish folk. Im just lettin ya know"(Exactly your quote, spelling and all) As a history buff I know full well what the poor Irish men and women went through, I would never dare use the **** that your ancestors went though to prove a ******* point. Come on man.. have some respect.. if not for all, at least for your ancestors. I'm sure that you're aware that the Irish were beaten, robbed, raped among other things by the ethnic groups that were already established here in the US.

I know that it's late and that you probably had a bit too much to drink... but seriously... think before you type. How is this ever going to be solved when both extremes (I'm speaking about the far left and the far right) can't even take their heads out of their asses in order to formulate a sentence that doesn't make them look like complete nut jobs.

I'm pretty sure that I've met you at a cruise, meet, or a show. I have yet to meet somebody from this board that I didn't get along with... even if we have completely different ways of looking at things. So I'm going to trust that you are a cool guy. I believe in respecting other people's points of views... but again.. this kind of ranting won't get much done other than pissing people off.

Well.. that's the way I see it.

Joel
I do see your point, I will apologize for that, honestly was pretty drunk still no excuse for that outburst. I have met one or two other illegal aliens who have done the same, but there are more that I know that are not contributors, i know full well what the Irish people went through, I will say i do not wish that it happen to anyone else, nor do i wish ill will on anyone.

As I stated not the brightest post, nor was it well planned in its execution. Again i apologize and will remove the post.

Quick Reply: Shit is getting crazy