Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Security Lock Box Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security Lock Box Question

I'm curious if anyone knows if a security lock box is made for 2002 TransAm verts. I'm thinking about the lock boxes they have as the center box in a Jeep, except for the TA. It doesn't necessarily need to be a center console, but maybe can be bolted under a seat? Or maybe is an insert into our current center console box that can be bolted underneath? Or something in the trunk? Basically, I want to leave the top down and throw my camera or garage door controller in the lock box, and go in to the fast food place without worrying about things getting stolen. If anyone knows of anything out there, would you let me know?
Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

first post and it's sketchy (stash box huh?); welcome to the board.

I'm sure with some time and effort, you can make the center arm rest / console lockable but some fabricating would need to be in the works.

You might be able to install a file cabinet lock into the center console but you will need to drill out a couple of holes.

On a side note, if you pull the radio bezel off, there is a bit of space on top in between the stereo and air vents.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks. Yeah...two situations in the last month made me think of this idea...I was in Vegas last month in my Chevy pickup...it has a lock box that I threw my laptop and camera in it when I got out to go pick up some food. Then this morning, I drove my Pontiac out to the foothills to do some hiking and don't like to carry my wallet and cell phone. So I thought that it would be great to have a lockable box to throw those things in and not worry - yet still leave the top down.
Thanks for the idea of fabrication...I thought about it, but figured I would ask to see if something is already out there.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen a couple of camaros with lock boxes in the trunk area. Think they were custom though.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Gotcha...I might have to do something custom as well. But I figured I'd ask. Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you got a lock box in your car, a gun better be in it. Just my .02!!

Quick Reply: Security Lock Box Question