Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any local shops carry collector gaskets for the LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Any local shops carry collector gaskets for the LS1?

My collector gasket between the header and the CAT keeps blowing out. All I can find are the crappy Fel-pro gaskets and RTV isn't cutting it, (both the Black and Copper). I'm looking for any shops near the I.E. that may carry either Percy's or Remflex or anything compatible. I'm even willing to cut my own from gasket material. I'm looking for the Drivers side but I'd like to replace both... Thanks in advance....
Old 08-06-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidog5150
My collector gasket between the header and the CAT keeps blowing out. All I can find are the crappy Fel-pro gaskets and RTV isn't cutting it, (both the Black and Copper). I'm looking for any shops near the I.E. that may carry either Percy's or Remflex or anything compatible. I'm even willing to cut my own from gasket material. I'm looking for the Drivers side but I'd like to replace both... Thanks in advance....
You should probably figure out why you are blowing the collector gaskets and stop blaming Felpro...
Old 08-06-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skidog5150
what headers are you running?
or manifolds? if your running stock flange gaskets try the gm ones.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Launching!

yea what he said...find out whats causing it. b/c I had fel pros on my kooks setup 5 years and never had a problem.. if you need a set I'm selling them for 5 bucks
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
what headers are you running?
or manifolds? if your running stock flange gaskets try the gm ones.
I'm running Edlebrock shorties to OEM cats. I think that my drivers cat may be the problem but the car isn't throwing codes for the CAT and the flanges look straight. I'm actually picking up some other cats this weekend. Hopefully that will help.

I also think that I may be overtightening the bolts. I just don't see many write ups on here with the collector gaskets and when you do, the suggestion is to go to a better gasket.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

had those shorties on my car... i just gave up on trying to stop that leaking.. i grinded down the flanges and also used rvt high copper and it lasted longer but few months later it blew. i hear that oem gaskets are better, i used felpro since they are the only other company that still make em.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Launching!

They make a copper gasket that works great.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks.... I've heard of similiar problems with these headers... Any body know who carries any of these gaskets?

Quick Reply: Any local shops carry collector gaskets for the LS1?