Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

CalSpeed Street Drags @ Buttonwillow Raceway - Sat, Aug 28th (7pm-Midnight)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 04:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CalSpeed Street Drags @ Buttonwillow Raceway - Sat, Aug 28th (7pm-Midnight)

CalSpeed & Performance is pleased to announce we will be putting on a street / drag race event Aug 28th (Saturday Night 7pm-Midnight).

This is a fully legal street race that mimics illegal street racing but is fully legal in a safe environment. Ambulance will be on site.

If you are looking for a place to alot of street racing without the worry of getting ticketed / impounded or putting yourself or others in danger. This is your race.

ALSO There will be a full working Xmas 1/4 mile tree setup, with timers ran down both sides giving FULL 1/4 MILE TIMESLIPS (not required to run tree, can start races with flagger/light etc or just go green on tree)

Where:

Buttonwillow Raceway (road race track)
24551 Lerdo Hwy
Buttonwillow, CA 93206-9779

Cost
$15 to Race plus gate fee ($10 I believe)
Spectators only pay the track gate fee

Hard to predict if will completely fill the approx 75 car maximum we are going to allow but if you would like to pre-register, you can send paypal pre-payment for your entry and I will guarantee you a spot (sorry no refunds if you no-show)

Details:
-We have rented the track and we will be using the 1/2 mile straight backstretch of the track (1/4 mile race, 1/4 mile shutdown area). Basically we will be doing the same time of setup as you would see at alot of street races.

-Spectators can park inside in the field area next to the staging lanes, spectators will be behind starting line only, minimal lighting since it out on the track area and will mimic a normal street racing. All cars will have only head/tail lights (required) to illiminate the road.

-Bring your own VHT if you want, we will be spraying VHT as well as torching the starting line to make it hook decent.

-Every car will require a seat belt and a wear a helmet. (Feel free to share helmets). All cars will be teched for basic safety.

-All cars must be "street cars". This includes "street race Cars". License plate/tagged preferred. Trailers ok. Any cars considered too dangerous to safely make passes will be prohibited, any cars deemed unsafe will not be able to further run. (If you cant keep it on the track and in your lane)

-No cars faster than 10.0 ET. (Alot of 9 sec cars will not likely be able to put down a 10.0 or faster pass on a street like track, so doesnt eliminate many people)

-No alcohol of any type from racers or spectators. Anyone found drinking or even in possession will be ejected immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is not allowed on the premises during this event.

-There will be a catering / taco truck on site for food & drinks. A few port-a-potties will be out near the starting line as well. There will be a crew of CalSpeed employees/volunteers coordinating and running the event as well.

We have alot of street racers from Fresno, LA, Sacramento, Santa Maria, Los Angeles etc coming and even if you arent racing, expect to see alot of REALLY fast 9/10/11 sec "Street cars" doing alot of racing. We will be putting this event on about once a month if this goes as well as expected.

Any questions feel free to PM me or reply and I will answer to the best of my ability.

~Jim @ CalSpeed & Performance

Last edited by CalSpeedPerformance; 08-17-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM
FormerVendor

tttttttt
Old 08-18-2010, 04:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance

CalSpeed & Performance is pleased to announce we will be putting on a street / drag race event Aug 28th (Saturday Night 7pm-Midnight).

This is a fully legal street race that mimics illegal street racing but is fully legal in a safe environment. Ambulance will be on site.

If you are looking for a place to alot of street racing without the worry of getting ticketed / impounded or putting yourself or others in danger. This is your race.

ALSO There will be a full working Xmas 1/4 mile tree setup, with timers ran down both sides giving FULL 1/4 MILE TIMESLIPS (not required to run tree, can start races with flagger/light etc or just go green on tree)

Where:

Buttonwillow Raceway (road race track)
24551 Lerdo Hwy
Buttonwillow, CA 93206-9779

Cost
$15 to Race plus gate fee ($10 I believe)
Spectators only pay the track gate fee

Hard to predict if will completely fill the approx 75 car maximum we are going to allow but if you would like to pre-register, you can send paypal pre-payment for your entry and I will guarantee you a spot (sorry no refunds if you no-show)

Details:
-We have rented the track and we will be using the 1/2 mile straight backstretch of the track (1/4 mile race, 1/4 mile shutdown area). Basically we will be doing the same time of setup as you would see at alot of street races.

-Spectators can park inside in the field area next to the staging lanes, spectators will be behind starting line only, minimal lighting since it out on the track area and will mimic a normal street racing. All cars will have only head/tail lights (required) to illiminate the road.

-Bring your own VHT if you want, we will be spraying VHT as well as torching the starting line to make it hook decent.

-Every car will require a seat belt and a wear a helmet. (Feel free to share helmets). All cars will be teched for basic safety.

-All cars must be "street cars". This includes "street race Cars". License plate/tagged preferred. Trailers ok. Any cars considered too dangerous to safely make passes will be prohibited, any cars deemed unsafe will not be able to further run. (If you cant keep it on the track and in your lane)

-No cars faster than 10.0 ET. (Alot of 9 sec cars will not likely be able to put down a 10.0 or faster pass on a street like track, so doesnt eliminate many people)

-No alcohol of any type from racers or spectators. Anyone found drinking or even in possession will be ejected immediately. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is not allowed on the premises during this event.

-There will be a catering / taco truck on site for food & drinks. A few port-a-potties will be out near the starting line as well. There will be a crew of CalSpeed employees/volunteers coordinating and running the event as well.

We have alot of street racers from Fresno, LA, Sacramento, Santa Maria, Los Angeles etc coming and even if you arent racing, expect to see alot of REALLY fast 9/10/11 sec "Street cars" doing alot of racing. We will be putting this event on about once a month if this goes as well as expected.

Any questions feel free to PM me or reply and I will answer to the best of my ability.

~Jim @ CalSpeed & Performance
been on that course for raod racing, i didnt realize the area was long enough for 1/4 mile drag strip
Old 08-18-2010, 05:37 PM
FormerVendor

They dont ever run a course configuration for road racing that runs the cars straight down the "drag strip", as they have the cars go over the hill. (Mainly because they would build up some serious speed going into Riverside west loop).

The starting line is actually right at the star mazda turn from where the picture above shows and the 1/4 mile finish line is farther from the Zorros corner.

I took a 130 mph trap z06 out there about two weeks ago and we setup everything and tested the lanes etc.... I had no problem making the Zorros corner after the 1/4 by getting hard on the brakes, which means any car can just cruise down and around with no problem if they dont want to make the 1st turn

Last edited by CalSpeedPerformance; 08-18-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
They dont ever run a course configuration for road racing that runs the cars straight down the "drag strip", as they have the cars go over the hill. (Mainly because they would build up some serious speed going into Riverside west loop).

The starting line is actually right at the star mazda turn from where the picture above shows and the 1/4 mile finish line is farther from the Zorros corner.

I took a 130 mph trap z06 out there about two weeks ago and we setup everything and tested the lanes etc.... I had no problem making the Zorros corner after the 1/4 by getting hard on the brakes, which means any car can just cruise down and around with no problem if they dont want to make the 1st turn
yeah i have always run with lost hill in the configuration, it changes the perspective, with lost hill gone you could run up to some serious speed
Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

damn thats pretty cool
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn this is awesome, This would be my last weekend before school, I may see about making it, anyone got tires? lol.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a sick event!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Turnout is looking good.... besides all the Bako/Famoso crowd going and expected big turnout from all the street racers from fresno/tulare/visalia (cencalracing.com guys).

It looks like alot of old friends that I used to street race with are coming down. If any of you did any racing in the past on The Road (SFV), Mansville in Compton and palmdale etc...you would know alot of the people...
Old 08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to be a cool deal man.. thanks for putting something like this together..
Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Launching!

It looks it like it'd be fun to blast down the 1/4 then rail thru the riverside turn
Old 08-24-2010, 02:46 PM
FormerVendor

tttttttttttttt
Old 08-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Teching In

they are actually letting you spray vht? thats the only reason i havent gone is cause i wont hook
Old 08-24-2010, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by XxRedDevilxX
they are actually letting you spray vht? thats the only reason i havent gone is cause i wont hook
Yes, we are prepping and putting down VHT.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

As long as I get my rear control arms back from the powdercoater by Friday, I'll be there.

I might also stop by the shop with my PCM for a rear gear adjustment (was 3.54 now 3.90).
Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Cable, I want to see that car, from the vids I have seen.. looks pretty badass!!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by XxRedDevilxX
Prep will be better than the track at most times.. I hook better on the street with alittle VHT, than I do at the track.. thats just me..
Old 08-24-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Question

Originally Posted by 02_ramair_ta
Cable, I want to see that car, from the vids I have seen.. looks pretty badass!!
Vids? Hmm, where have you seen those?
Old 08-25-2010, 12:10 AM
FormerVendor

Hey cable....j tyack called me asking about times etc.. Racing starts at 7pm. Not 3 like the previous 1/8th mile things they were doing in past.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like a plan. Just gotta hope the powdercoat guy comes through now.

Quick Reply: CalSpeed Street Drags @ Buttonwillow Raceway - Sat, Aug 28th (7pm-Midnight)