Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Fishing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool Fishing?

Anybody into fishing? Thinking about getting into this, any cool spots near the LA Area, and where would I get a permit. Anything else I would need? obviously a pole...
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get a fishing license at walmart, kmart and all most all big 5's. Make sure that you state what you are fishing for. Just a plain fishing license doesnt cover all types of fish and you also have limits on amount of fish and size of fish.

FYI dont put your license on you hat. If it gets blown off your head your out of luck and need a new one. Also need a new hat.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

^^^ what he said. The permit costs 42 dollars i believe. Well you got to buy bait, hooks, lures, sinkers/floaters, line and a tackle box at least. I dont like fishing in the LA area, i usually go up norht to the sierra's and do well there.
They should have a booklet of fishing regulations wherever you buy your permit, and this will specify everywhere you can fish and the type of bait/lures you can use.
usaully the limits are
5 trout
5 bass(varies a lot) must be between 12-14inches
etc
everything is in the handbook or online lol
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by haighter
FYI dont put your license on you hat. If it gets blown off your head your out of luck and need a new one. Also need a new hat.
LMAO

I think the $42 cost is for the year.If you get a permit just for the day it is around $15.Depends on where you go also.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice, thanks guys. Already feel like a know a lot lol
Old 09-03-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

the ocean has been terrible this year due to the colt temperature so i would hold off on going out there.

I dont know much for your area but the bass fishing it still pretty good right now but you have to know what your doing a little bit to catch those.

It is also warm for trout right now so that fishing is just ok.

I would suggest trying catfish and bluegill fishing. Bluegill is very easy just use a bobber and a small hook with a piece of worm and throw it by some structure. Catfish just throw a nightcrawler or chicken liver on a trebble hook on the botttom with a weight and wait till one bites. If you go at night for catfish wait till there is plenty of moonlight because the fishing is usually better then.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 180ls1
the ocean has been terrible this year due to the colt temperature so i would hold off on going out there.

I dont know much for your area but the bass fishing it still pretty good right now but you have to know what your doing a little bit to catch those.

It is also warm for trout right now so that fishing is just ok.

I would suggest trying catfish and bluegill fishing. Bluegill is very easy just use a bobber and a small hook with a piece of worm and throw it by some structure. Catfish just throw a nightcrawler or chicken liver on a trebble hook on the botttom with a weight and wait till one bites. If you go at night for catfish wait till there is plenty of moonlight because the fishing is usually better then.
+1 on the ocean being **** right now. left from san diego and headed south a few weeks ago. had to go all the way to cedros to get any yellow tail. zero tuna between 20 fisherman on a 5 day trip

castaic lake isnt bad. there are a few other little spots that i have pulled in a trout or two from around here but i dont bother with them much any more. eastern sierras has always been good but its a bit late in the season for me to make the trip but im always up there for the opener and a trip or three after

remember this though, its called fishing for a reason, not catching. go wherever and have fun and if you catch consider it a bonus lol
Old 09-03-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Veteran

i go to santa ana river lakes for trout, its a great place.

im surprised the albacore never moved in this year, i used to go on overnights for them.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

I used to go deep sea fishing out of san diego. We would catch yellow tail (best sushi ever) and random things like little sharks and sting rays.

Only keep what you are going to eat, if not throw it back so it can grow bigger! I still had a blast even when I didn't catch anything lol

Damn I want to throw a line out now haha

Quick Reply: Fishing?