Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Brock Lesnar vs Cain Velasquez.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 03:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
Ok good. Im not doing **** for you to be acting the way you do man.
Ive said the same. Im American/Mexican/Guatemalan. Im Damn Proud of that.
I just have my selection of teams or for what I go for. Thats it. Nothing more.
Ok well the brown pride insinuates that you are more for you heritage than where you actually are, kind of like this idea "I used to own a honda but now I own a 10 second Fbody, but deep down I am a Honda guy" you or your family gave up something to be this, don't post up and say brown pride, that **** turns posts into white/black/brown/purple/pink/blue wars I thought you would have enough common sense by now to know this.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I said that, along with probably other million of posts rooting for the Cain.
I dont know why your mad when the guy is from San Jose. lol.
But yes I get you, and I honestly did NOT mean to make it into a racial war.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I said that, along with probably other million of posts rooting for the Cain.
I dont know why your mad when the guy is from San Jose. lol.
But yes I get you, and I honestly did NOT mean to make it into a racial war.
The use your head and do not post things like "Brown Pride". Or do you need a special helper?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Brown Pride is more of a gangster thing, Not Ethnicity.
Would be nice to have one around. lol. jk
Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Gangster? really? ok like we need more uneducated retards around. If you want gangsta go talk to some of those old camaro boys guys.

This was a simple thread about one fighter against another, nor brown versus white.

Brian you are so far from gangster it is ridiculous so stop trying to be one.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Gangster? really? ok like we need more uneducated retards around. If you want gangsta go talk to some of those old camaro boys guys.

This was a simple thread about one fighter against another, nor brown versus white.

Brian you are so far from gangster it is ridiculous so stop trying to be one.
Yes It Was. You are correct on that.
Dude... Google Images..... Youll see.
Im trying to be one? ok that was dumb. Why would I try and be something I dont want to be?
Whatever Adam.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Brown...w=1366&bih=559
Old 10-25-2010, 03:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes It Was. You are correct on that.
Dude... Google Images..... Youll see.
Im trying to be one? ok that was dumb. Why would I try and be something I dont want to be?
Whatever Adam.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Brown...w=1366&bih=559
Ok why even post that originally? you posted "Brown pride" that was it, nothing more nothing less, you sir are the idiot. Don't try and be something you are not.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well heres my take on things...i think both of you have some interesting arguments. id like to say that i am mexican american.my parents were born in mexico, and i was born here. it makes me mad when i see mexican flags on cars and on houses. this is the united states. we should all be grateful for how lucky we are to be in this great country. we have our freedom of speech and are able to represent any flag we please, but if people want to represent mexico so much,or any other country for that matter, then they should move there. my parents feel the same way. with that being said, i do think tito ortiz's flag is acceptable (one side is the united states flag, and the other side was the mexican flag). i believe it is ok to love your heritage as long as you also recognize the country in which you live in...

as far as the brown pride thing, i really dont think its that much of a big deal. i think he is just showing that he loves the culture. if he had a tattoo of a mexican flag without a flag of the united states, then i think that would be different. i do agree that if a white person got a tattoo saying white pride that it would be looked upon as racist, and that is not right. i dont think i would ever get a tattoo saying brown pride, but i think mexicans love his tattoo so much because they feel like they have some kind of connection with him. i must admit that him being mexican was mostly the reason that i was rooting for him. i just feel some kind of connection. just like if a fighter from southern cali of any race would fight a person from new york, i would probably root for the guy from southern cali.

back to the original topic...i was very surprised at how humble both fighters were after the fight, particularly brock. i love how confident he is before his fights. i like it when people talk **** and are themselves, instead of just saying what people want to hear. he talks a lot of ****, and i think he has reason to, well until last night any way. when you lose, you have to give credit to the victor, and he did that.

sorry for the long post!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Adam. BP can mean two things.
Brown Pride or BP may refer to the gang Brown Pride or the brown pride movement.
or
and being proud of one's personal worth. ok.
Now.... Reason I brought that up was because some people tend to forget about and go off and assume its a racial thing.

You told me earlier to not post BP, basically telling me to deny "celebrating one's heritage". People have confused them.

Let me ask you this. What went through your mind when you read Brown Pride?

Heres an example of people confusing it.
"Mixed martial artist Cain Velasquez has "Brown Pride" tattooed across his chest but has stated in media interviews that his tattoo represents his Mexican heritage and is also a way for him to honor his father and family." so when people ask that, they have something in mind. growing, maybe he was a thug, or gangbanger. you get me?

to finalize, I am me. No im not trying to be a cholo. Its dumb.
no im not trying to be someone else as well. Its fake, not real, or honest to one self. Thats all I have to say....
Old 10-25-2010, 04:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS697RamAir
well heres my take on things...i think both of you have some interesting arguments. id like to say that i am mexican american.my parents were born in mexico, and i was born here. it makes me mad when i see mexican flags on cars and on houses. this is the united states. we should all be grateful for how lucky we are to be in this great country. we have our freedom of speech and are able to represent any flag we please, but if people want to represent mexico so much,or any other country for that matter, then they should move there. my parents feel the same way. with that being said, i do think tito ortiz's flag is acceptable (one side is the united states flag, and the other side was the mexican flag). i believe it is ok to love your heritage as long as you also recognize the country in which you live in...

as far as the brown pride thing, i really dont think its that much of a big deal. i think he is just showing that he loves the culture. if he had a tattoo of a mexican flag without a flag of the united states, then i think that would be different. i do agree that if a white person got a tattoo saying white pride that it would be looked upon as racist, and that is not right. i dont think i would ever get a tattoo saying brown pride, but i think mexicans love his tattoo so much because they feel like they have some kind of connection with him. i must admit that him being mexican was mostly the reason that i was rooting for him. i just feel some kind of connection. just like if a fighter from southern cali of any race would fight a person from new york, i would probably root for the guy from southern cali.

back to the original topic...i was very surprised at how humble both fighters were after the fight, particularly brock. i love how confident he is before his fights. i like it when people talk **** and are themselves, instead of just saying what people want to hear. he talks a lot of ****, and i think he has reason to, well until last night any way. when you lose, you have to give credit to the victor, and he did that.

sorry for the long post!
Thats what I meant to say. I thank you. You said it better man.
like I stated before, it can mean two things. it all depends on how people take it.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

to WS697RamAir
and to Adam, I apologize if this got out of content for you.
Like I said, I had no intentions to turn it into something else.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:13 AM
Teching In

All I know is brock got his *** handed 2 him but he will be back.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
please enough with that !!!

i have to speak up on this ..... the only thing i dislike about cain velasquez or maybe just the way he is promoted is the brown pride thing... seriously they almost make a mexican versus white thing.... just leave as two fighters going at in the ring, ditch the racial BS...... and before some of you guys jump on me i am half mexican as well.....

p.s. what would happen if brock lesnar had White Pride tattooed across his chest? just some food for thought....
Agree, I wouldn't be surprised if Dana White made him get the tattoo, its all about making money !!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

all this hostility over a stupid football team?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 204 Likes on 124 Posts

LMFAO Brock got his *** whipped i loved every second of it
Old 10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS697RamAir

sorry for the long post!

I understand what you are saying, for me and a couple other people we have witnessed Mr.Z/28 before make comments and a few of those people were also from Mexican heritage and thought he was out of line.

My issue came from a single post that stated "Brown Pride" only, not go Cain Velasquez you got this fight on man and maybe throw brown pride in there, but i still think it is reverse racism in the fact that people accept a brown pride tattoo but if I wanted to get white pride I am not a KKK member wanting to run around in bed sheets and play redneck hillbilly warfare.

Bruce this is over two MMA fighters not a football team, lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

My bad^^
Old 10-25-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

YES!!! I'm soo glad cain won! I hate brock, but in the heavy weight division my favorite fighter is carwin, I really wanna see carwin vs cain that would be a great fight
Old 10-25-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Man that is crazy, I watched the fight online just now. ****, Brock needs help standing up, the Shane Carwin fight should of been a big lesson, that was actually scary, he ran away. This fight for Cain is going to be awesome for his career, I still dont like how he said he could take Fedor when he first started MMA though...
Old 10-25-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
please enough with that !!!

i have to speak up on this ..... the only thing i dislike about cain velasquez or maybe just the way he is promoted is the brown pride thing... seriously they almost make a mexican versus white thing.... just leave as two fighters going at in the ring, ditch the racial BS...... and before some of you guys jump on me i am half mexican as well.....

p.s. what would happen if brock lesnar had White Pride tattooed across his chest? just some food for thought....
Its an entertainment business and it makes money, competition breeds money, much more bringing nationalistic ties.