Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
"i see a ls3 for sale"
my thoughts exactly
Old 10-25-2010, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C5natie
Ive hauled major *** on GMR before, I know all those roads by memory. Never have I come close to losing it. Granted my car is not 4200lbs but still Ive hit 70+mph in some small straights there. Its taking me time as I learn the car and the road to able to push it hard up there.
You also weren't doing GMR with a 340+HP vehicle when you were 18 either... Were you??

Still, I never canyon carve there at night, its just too dangerous. Its because of idiots like these that theres always Police presence around there.
Truth.

They reeally should make new drivers take a state driving class before they get teir license like in Europe. Stupid *** kid.
FWIW, x amount of hours of drivers ed classes and seat time were mandatory when I got my driving permit. Just because you know how to drive doesn't mean you know how to make good choices... Still, with all the years and all the canyon runs I've done with my car (even Palomar) I have not once come close to flipping it... lmao
Old 10-25-2010, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZexGX
You also weren't doing GMR with a 340+HP vehicle when you were 18 either... Were you??

Dude, it doesn't matter the age of the person or power of the vehicle really. I 30 year old in a Geo Metro could have done the same thing if he drove like a dumbass, and drove GMR like he thought he was the ****.

What is obvious here is some idiot, who had no experience, drove like a dumbass, and thought he was the ****, messed up a new Camaro. What looks worse is he is 18, and the parents bought the car for him. That also makes him look spoiled and unappreciative.

The guy was just a straight moron.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats up with the pile of what looks like condoms on the ground. This fool was on a mission to get somewhere. lol.
Hopefuly someone scores a motor out of this asshats stupid driving.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That must of been that camaro build by Toyota.... Gas pedal getting stuck and brake failure.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ruthless909
I'm sure all the kid will get is a slap on the wrist and time out. lol
Yup most likely this is the case, he will get a "stern talking to".
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was doing it on a 170 whp motorcycle and a 380 whp vehicle when i was 17 and not only am i still here, i never came close to losing it and i was going through it on the bike hitting alot more than 70mph in the straights. What does the vehicle have to do with anything, a ****** 90 horse scion would have had the same outcome with a moron for a driver
Old 10-26-2010, 06:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
i was doing it on a 170 whp motorcycle and a 380 whp vehicle when i was 17 and not only am i still here, i never came close to losing it and i was going through it on the bike hitting alot more than 70mph in the straights. What does the vehicle have to do with anything, a ****** 90 horse scion would have had the same outcome with a moron for a driver
You have never met Lee have you? lol, honestly though you would have been a really well collected 17 year old.

You know most would have completely fucked up.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 AM
Teching In

Jeezus... That must be one stupid kid. I got a 1994 LT1 T/A THE DAY I turned 16, it's mint. And I got a 2000 Camaro 3.8 that I drive daily... Neither have been wrecked! (except the kid that hit me in the school parking lot... <.<) The T/A was a gift from my grandpa, who drives a 71 Chevelle, (grandpas always spoil the youngest ) and I bought the Camaro....
Old 10-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Launching!

Holy mother of God!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Truth.

FWIW, x amount of hours of drivers ed classes and seat time were mandatory when I got my driving permit. Just because you know how to drive doesn't mean you know how to make good choices... Still, with all the years and all the canyon runs I've done with my car (even Palomar) I have not once come close to flipping it... lmao

First, no. I had already gained experience over the years of driving before I started to think about roads like ACH or GMR. And the driver ed here in CA or the US sucks. I also had to do the class to and drive with a permit first. In some countries the classes are more comprehensive and involve more real world and emergency manuevering. TireRack supports a program that helps kids drive in wet conditions and learn manuevering in dangerous situations. They should make all kids go to such a programs.

BTW, what happened to all the RED ASPHALT videos they showed us back in the days. Those were cool. Scooping brains off the road.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

High performance car.....low performance driver. Another good car lost, but glad the dude is ok.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

When's the last time you've seen a 90HP Scion roll over on GMR? The higher the HP, the greater the potential for disaster due to driver error. The more HP, the less stupidity it takes to **** up. The dude is still a moron. At 18 I wasn't pushing my car like that because I knew I wasn't a very experienced driver.

You got skillz and smarts - that is why you are still alive. Put the average Joe on GMR in a Camaro SS and tell him to average 50MPH and see what happens... Hint: the car won't look pretty at the end of the run. Also why you don't see many average Joes in Corollas driving GMR - they know better.

First, no. I had already gained experience over the years of driving before I started to think about roads like ACH or GMR. And the driver ed here in CA or the US sucks. I also had to do the class to and drive with a permit first. In some countries the classes are more comprehensive and involve more real world and emergency manuevering. TireRack supports a program that helps kids drive in wet conditions and learn manuevering in dangerous situations. They should make all kids go to such a programs.
I agree. Also, you and I are not morons, so that probably helps with avoiding the whole roll-over thing. One of my friends (who I don't talk to any more) took the complete MasterDrive defensive driving course and passed with flying colors, and he still drove like an idiot and he STILL totaled two cars that were given to him due to him losing control.

BTW, what happened to all the RED ASPHALT videos they showed us back in the days. Those were cool. Scooping brains off the road.
The teachers at school showed us those videos in Drivers Ed.

Last edited by ZexGX; 10-26-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your viewing pleasure

When's the last time you've seen a 90HP Scion roll over on GMR? The higher the HP, the greater the potential for disaster due to driver error. The more HP, the less stupidity it takes to **** up. The dude is still a moron. At 18 I wasn't pushing my car like that because I knew I wasn't a very experienced driver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_QQhSZDrms
granted its not GMR, but whats the difference between GMR and Azusa.... this dude was out shooting for the day and coming home after lunch, not some 18 year old... the pose looks kinda familiar
Old 10-27-2010, 04:30 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruthless909
I'm sure all the kid will get is a slap on the wrist and time out. lol
Exactly. I don't know this family but if you're willing to buy your kid a car like that just because he/she turned 18, I'm pretty sure the idea of "actions and consequences" is just as alien to these parents as the child. Must be nice to not have to worry about material goods...or a conscience...
Old 10-31-2010, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

For your viewing pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_QQhSZDrms
granted its not GMR, but whats the difference between GMR and Azusa.... this dude was out shooting for the day and coming home after lunch, not some 18 year old... the pose looks kinda familiar
Good post. I was thinking about posting that one pic where there was a Civic Si flipped over in some mountain road as well. It's the pic that you can find with "The VTEC kicked in Yooo!!!" quote on it.

That car has what? 125 hp? The guy was still able to flip it. As was said before by me and others, doesn't matter the age or the car, this is more of an example of a retarded driver and his car. In this case a real nice, new car.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Teching In

On the bright side, the new Camaro looks like it holds up pretty well in a crash. Hopefully the kid will learn from this.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=ZexGX;14042565]When's the last time you've seen a 90HP Scion roll over on GMR? The higher the HP, the greater the potential for disaster due to driver error. The more HP, the less stupidity it takes to **** up. The dude is still a moron. At 18 I wasn't pushing my car like that because I knew I wasn't a very experienced driver.

My buddies kid rolled a focus ZX3 up there... Stupid can happen at any speed

Ryph

Quick Reply: Spoiled 18yr old wrecks a new Camaro at GMR