Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I DID IT! 12.9 @ 106.9MPH ALL MOTOR Maxima!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MPFD
I thought it was a Nissan Maxima?
It is he used to own an SS....wrecked it.......lol sorry Trent had to spil the beans.....
Old 03-17-2011, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by geovett
It is he used to own an SS....wrecked it.......lol sorry Trent had to spil the beans.....
Sure. I thought he owned a Z28? I still believe his Maxima ran those times with weight reduction, drag radials, and a rebuilt trans. Personally I think Trent is one of the best drivers I know!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, your car has a factory curb weight of 3591lbs. and makes 255HP. In an ET calculator that figures to a 14.80, which is about what alot of these cars are running. YOU SAID...

I picked up about 4.5MPH with taking out the interior and some other ****. Then I'd say I gained around .5-1MPH with the better DA and slight tailwind at KCIR. Then the "diffuser" gained about 1.5-2MPH.

I weighed the car today and it only weighs 3108lbs with me in it. The stock weight is 34xx without a person in it.

So I think this is easily believable.

I AM THE IDIOT? You need to tell your freinds to watch their mouths? I am not in Cali, but me and you are in Mac.

I like how the ET falls off...as the bottle pressure falls off

KID is opening PROVE IT!!

Last edited by quik406; 03-18-2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

If I remember correctly he was running very low 9s in the local 1/8th without spray with full interior, no aero mods, and a trans that hated life, and I think street tires.... I remember this because on the track it was like half a second faster than my V6 Firebird with intake/3.42s/catback/DR's.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 AM
11 Second Truck Club

"You can't rape Mother Nature."-- Old SStroker
Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

"You can't rape Mother Nature."-- Old SStroker
So true, but watch the sheep line up on here and defend this guy. Simple physics. It must weigh less or make way more power, simple as that.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude ur an Idiot!!!! can u see the time slip!!!!!..Props to ya Trent!!!! ur sweet Camaro was also a factory freak.......come back to So. Ca. we believe ya...lol......
Thanks man!
Yeah, I need to get another camaro bad. lol
I thought it was a Nissan Maxima?
It is, he is talking about the camaro I had before this car.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by quik406
So true, but watch the sheep line up on here and defend this guy. Simple physics. It must weigh less or make way more power, simple as that.
Simple explanation: http://forums.maxima.org/1-4-1-8-mil...r-6th-gen.html
Old 03-18-2011, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

You have been called out. Prove it! Also I would like to see that crappy tape job pick up even 1 MPH. Give it up guys, it defies physics!
Old 03-18-2011, 01:25 PM
12 Second Club

You have been called out. Prove it! Also I would like to see that crappy tape job pick up even 1 MPH. Give it up guys, it defies physics!
Did you even read the link I posted? Everything you need to know is somewhere in those 5 pages. Including the haters like yourself.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:45 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Dude ur an Idiot!!!! can u see the time slip!!!!!..Props to ya Trent!!!! ur sweet Camaro was also a factory freak.......come back to So. Ca. we believe ya...lol......

It just seems really odd that this is two cars in a row that are "Factory Freaks". That kinda **** doesn't really happen. This whole thread screams secret spray system. I don't really care, I'm just saying. And yes, I read all five pages of it...
Old 03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
12 Second Club

It just seems really odd that this is two cars in a row that are "Factory Freaks". That kinda **** doesn't really happen. This whole thread screams secret spray system. I don't really care, I'm just saying. And yes, I read all five pages of it...
Some people have called my car a factory freak too. I told people its a stock LS1 motor/stock trans/converter/stock exhaust manifolds because it was (but not for my car... stock LS1 swap). Everything else around it was changed. Gutted the interior, disconnected front swaybar, since it was a V6 body with Y87 it had 3.42 posi, put on a stock aluminum driveshaft, and ran 255 ET streets and corrected the time would have been in the 12.6's. Not bad for stock motor, stock trans, stock exhaust manifolds...
Old 03-18-2011, 02:04 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Some people have called my car a factory freak too. I told people its a stock LS1 motor/stock trans/converter/stock exhaust manifolds because it was (but not for my car... stock LS1 swap). Everything else around it was changed. Gutted the interior, disconnected front swaybar, since it was a V6 body with Y87 it had 3.42 posi, put on a stock aluminum driveshaft, and ran 255 ET streets and corrected the time would have been in the 12.6's. Not bad for stock motor, stock trans, stock exhaust manifolds...
We're not talking corrected here. If weight reduction and cat back exhaust was all that was done to that car, as many forums as its on someone else would have duplicated it... The hard facts are at the weight he claims, with the mph it had to be making at least 300 fwhp, and those cars don't make that much. Again I don't care, I want him to race another car here in town and post that all over the internet. But physics can't be denied...

I took an engine performance dyno class in college, I have seen alot of rice on the rollers. This smells like fish. If he doesn't wanna race drive it to Hutchinson and strap it on the rollers, if it makes 300 whp I will pay the dyno time and give him a crisp C note and so will Quik406...

Last edited by MPFD; 03-18-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

Its cool. Not to worried about it. lol
Sure. I thought he owned a Z28? I still believe his Maxima ran those times with weight reduction, drag radials, and a rebuilt trans. Personally I think Trent is one of the best drivers I know!
Yeah it was a Z28, and thanks. I can shift the **** out of a car, but can't stop in time for obstacles.
Ok, your car has a factory curb weight of 3591lbs. and makes 255HP. In an ET calculator that figures to a 14.80, which is about what alot of these cars are running. YOU SAID...

I got the car down to 3000lbs with me in it. I didn't list everything that I took out because it would have taken forever.So 3108lbs and lets assume your stupid mods gave you 30HP that puts you at 285. Put that in a ET calculator and you are going 13.60's! Best case! Hell 300HP isnt even close to 12s.
ET calculators are 100% accurate
I AM THE IDIOT? You need to tell your freinds to watch their mouths? I am not in Cali, but me and you are in Mac.
I'm not calling you an idiot, I'm used to people not believing my times. I could honestly care less what you think. If you are threatening me because you don't believe me, that's pretty sad.
I like how the ET falls off...as the bottle pressure falls off
Believe me I want to spray the car, but don't have enough money. That's why I had to do cheap ghetto stuff to make the car faster.
KID is opening PROVE IT!!
I go to KID all the time. I went 13.1 there multiple times. Then I took some more weight out, and went to KCIR which had a better DA.
The other day I went back to KID with my car at full weight and street tires and went 13.8 with a 2.1 60ft. It makes perfect sense.
My responses are in bold.
If I remember correctly he was running very low 9s in the local 1/8th without spray with full interior, no aero mods, and a trans that hated life, and I think street tires.... I remember this because on the track it was like half a second faster than my V6 Firebird with intake/3.42s/catback/DR's.
Yep, low 9s with just an intake, full weight, and street tires. Then I dropped down to an 8.7 with adding the exhaust, and some drag radials.
I wouldn't say my car is a freak. My camaro definitely was though.

The car is not on nitrous. If I ran a 12.9 on nitrous I would be pissed. lol
Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

The hard facts are at the weight he claims, with the mph it had to be making at least 300 fwhp... But physics can't be denied...
The sad thing is people deny truth all the time. People like drama, and BS.Take things like Carburators that made 100MPG, Bigfoot, and Factory freaks. It is all a joke to people that think logicaly.
If the car really weighs 3108(and can Believe that) then that little 3.5 is making big power! I will pay the dyno time to prove the Intake and exhaust mods most likley made no power increase, and maybe lost power. I tend to stay away from internet goons, but being this guys in McPherson, it pissed me off because I don't like liers. That is why people believe mystical things like factory freaks!
ET calculators are 100% accurate
No they are not, but I have been racing for a long time, and I have never seen cars go faster then they predict, if you don't lie to them!

Last edited by quik406; 03-18-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

I tend to stay away from internet goons, but being this guys in McPherson, it pissed me off because I don't like liers. That is why people believe mystical things like factory freaks!
I'm not lying. But keep telling me I am if it makes you feel better.

No they are not, but I have been racing for a long time, and I have never seen cars go faster then they predict, if you don't lie to them!
I guess you need to come to the track and go over my car with a fine toothed comb. lol Then you'll know I'm not lying and my car actually does put down the number.
I'm not racing on the street for money, so why would I lie about what my car has done to it.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by krazy4
I'm not racing on the street for money, so why would I lie about what my car has done to it.
He obviously hasn't met you, so he obviously doesn't know you:
1) Can't afford a new clutch if you kill it with N20
2) Probably can't afford a safe N20 system anyways
3) Don't give a FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK if the haters don't believe you.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

hey Ive been to KCIR! I wish we had tracks like that around here
Old 03-18-2011, 09:33 PM
12 Second Club

He obviously hasn't met you, so he obviously doesn't know you:
1) Can't afford a new clutch if you kill it with N20
2) Probably can't afford a safe N20 system anyways
3) Don't give a FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK if the haters don't believe you.
Yep can't afford a clutch so that means no nitrous for me.
Clutch and flywheel are close to a grand.
Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
hey Ive been to KCIR! I wish we had tracks like that around here
Yeah, it's a pretty nice track.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:58 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Geat Bend, Wichita, and Ark City are all great tracks too and much closer...

Quick Reply: I DID IT! 12.9 @ 106.9MPH ALL MOTOR Maxima!