Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

What's a used LS1, and a T56 worth right now in southern california?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What's a used LS1, and a T56 worth right now in southern california?

Long story short, rolled my car, and gonna part out what I can(very little). Got the car yesterday, and it started up no problems, fluids all look good, and it had a perfect idle immediately just like it always has. Cranked over quickly as well. Seems like my fuel pump problem disappeared from the wreck.

Engine has around 155k on it. Daily drove the car, engine has been more reliable than the one that was in my 06 Mustang GT that was bought from the dealer. Never overheated, no weird noises, nothing like that.

The T56 was rebuilt about 40k miles ago by the previous owner of the car. I've got the paperwork to that somewhere around here in a manilla folder. Front suspension is fine as well.

Just wanted to know what they're worth right now so I can hopefully get them sold. I'm not expecting a lot, but just wanted to know what to go by as far as pricing.

I'm just gonna take a good deal on another LS1 Z28 my dads giving me far below normal pricing(found the car for him, and he bought it cause of the good price, more or less it's just a side daily driver for him to keep miles off the corvette), and then I'm gonna turn that hopefully into a trade for a 94-96 Impala SS since before this accident happened I had already talked to everyone about how I was getting tired of driving stiff suspension cars(Not that these cars aren't worth the trade for fun) but I've just never had a normal comfortable full size car like those.

Any info would be appreciated. I'm thinking of just keeping them both actually as well, and throwing them both into the Impala, at the least the engine.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 t56

The cheapest I've seen it go for is 2500 complete intake to oil pan,trans shifter,and ecu complete swap we bought it for a ls1 rx7 (fc) swap just a few weeks ago. 89k on eng and trans. Out of a 01 SS
Old 02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Launching!

That's good I guess then. I was thinking around the area of maybe 1k or so since even though it ran very well, and still does, it still has 155k miles on it.

Thanks for the info, if anyone else can let me know what they've seen them selling for, please post. If I do sell them, then I want to make sure I put them up for a good price so hopefully they will both go fast.

Everything is there, and working as far as the ecu, oil pan, etc. The car rolled and every body panel has at least minor damage, but the engine and all accompanying electronics all seem to be ok from going over them yesterday.

Once my insurance agent comes out I'm going to start pulling everything to get what I can.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

its cool good luck and start up a part out thread!! lolz
Old 02-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Thizizkai
its cool good luck and start up a part out thread!! lolz

As you can see, not really much to part out haha. Soon as the agent comes today/tomorrow hopefully, I'm gonna pull what I can. Till then I don't want to start messing around so they can't complain about anything.

That's when I'll put up a thread with what I've got available to get sold.

All the wheels look to be good too except for the passenger rear. Not even any scratches.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

damn bra thats crazy! glad your ok and still able to post.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Launching!

Yea, thanks.

I'm completely fine, only part of me that got hurt was I jammed my middle finger a little I'm guessing from when I latched on to the wheel with my left hand once I could see what was about to happen.

Luckily a friend just called me and said he has someone that might already want both the engine and tranny, so maybe these will already be sold.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you are ok!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
FormerVendor

If it helps any.

We regularly sell complete "T56 conversions" on ebay for $2100-2200 plus shipping. (T56/bellhousing/pedals/hydraulics/console parts etc).

They sell everytime that way with no problem. Then sell the complete LS1 engine for approx $2500 and youll make out quite a bit better on the drivetrain.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn how did you roll it? Shame to see an Fbody go out like that Glad you are alright though
Old 02-08-2011, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

yeah agree with calspeed on this one ebay you can definitely get your moneys worth or you can lose the worth I've been spammed a few times on ebay and have dealt with people that just couldn't pay when there suppose to...or decided no to buy it after winning the bid.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Thizizkai
yeah agree with calspeed on this one ebay you can definitely get your moneys worth or you can lose the worth I've been spammed a few times on ebay and have dealt with people that just couldn't pay when there suppose to...or decided no to buy it after winning the bid.
I'm with Calspeed. split them and put them on eBay.
Start it at 99 cents with no reserve. It's cheaper for you and you will get higher bids than if you start them at $1000.

If the High bidder doesn't pay, do a second chance offer on the next guy, which will more than likely be $1-5 less anway.

I have almost 500+ feedback and have only had a couple of bad transactions.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Teching In

So how much u asking for this bad boy ill take the whole car off ur hands for a good price is the rear end still good? I also seen u have an account on our cali generalz forum I been looking for a roller to do a swap on .my Thirdgen

Last edited by NV88CAM; 02-08-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Omg!! that's sad man. Are you feeling good?

How are the tail lights? Need some.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Resident

PM me what you'll take for the car as it sits.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Dude they are going for cheap all the time. I seen a complete engine/t56 combo go for $350 last week!!

I would be interested if that price sounds fair LMAO

Sorry to see that happen man, hope your feeling ok.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Dude they are going for cheap all the time. I seen a complete engine/t56 combo go for $350 last week!!

I would be interested if that price sounds fair LMAO

Sorry to see that happen man, hope your feeling ok.
wtf!! where was this? 350??? I need to know where your getting it cus my price was a rip compared to that.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Launching!

I was offline all day guys, didn't even realize these posts were put up. Thanks for all the concern.

I'm fine, The worst thing that happened to me was like I said my middle finger a little jammed/tweaked which isn't really a bother. My passenger/friend took most of the hit, but all he got was a bruise on his leg. He was completely fine as well other than that. Me, him, and his two brothers were all just relaxing today.

I would prefer to sell the entire car altogether, only things I've removed were my aftermarket stereo, black shift ****(sentimental value, and I can still throw the factory one on), and normal personal belongings.

Every speaker in the car was swapped by the previous owner with aftermarket ones.
My friends at the accident thought I was mad cause I was just acting calm. The firemen and cops thought I might be drunk or on drugs(I've never had a drink, and don't do any drugs, not that I've got any problems with that stuff) cause my pulse was to 'normal'/hard to find and they kept repeating to me that I was in a serious accident.

I was just mad that it was me that crashed. I mean, the tow guy, and cops both told me there's often accidents at that exact spot because there is lighting few and far between, a hard turn after a long straight road, no signs indicating anything(upcoming turn, decline, or speed limit even though I was going 40 which was the speed limit as far as they told me, and a divider is only placed right there on the entire road. But the fact that I was the one driving made me mad. I've driven fast cars since I was 17 which it's only been 5 years since then, never so much as a fender bender in any car I've driven.

That coupled with the fact that I maintained the car like all hell just pisses me off. I'm lucky that both of us only ended up with practically nothing.

Even had a clean driving record(no tickets) for the past 2-3 years.

To those of you that were interested in the entire car, I'm sending pm's right now.

EVer since posting this thread in the morning the idea of an LS1/T56 Impala SS has been making me second guess getting rid of them, but if there's a quick possible sale, I'll just get them gone.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
Damn how did you roll it? Shame to see an Fbody go out like that Glad you are alright though
Going up the road, turn out of nowhere(never been where the accident happened) loose gravel on the road(my friends car slid down the road pretty far past where we slid and rolled because of the gravel even though he was already stopping from the point where he saw us lose control), wasn't prepared for the sudden turn since the entire road is smooth and just a small incline, there's street lamps spread out somewhat far, no speed sign(maybe 30 seconds before the accident I even asked my friend if he saw a sign because I've kept my record clean for a while now and wanted it kept that way), and nothing saying slow, or that a decent turn was coming up along with the divider.

If the divider wasn't there, I would've spun around since I stopped the car from going towards the wall on the side of the road and it just whipped back around where I could've just drove off, but the divider starts out about as high as your knees, and gradually gets taller and has blocks spaced out. From whipping around the side hit the beginning of the divider, and then started sliding up it and we rolled over.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Sorry for the triple post, but it looks like the car as a whole may be going to NV88Cam, just wanted to say if anyone else is interested in the car, please send me a PM. I'm waiting on two other guys to reply back and then if they have no interest, it's his.

Quick Reply: What's a used LS1, and a T56 worth right now in southern california?