Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

AZ guys I need a pitbull friendly apartment

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AZ guys I need a pitbull friendly apartment

I just moved here a couple months ago to Phoenix from IL and I am currently in search of apartments. The problem is I need them to be pitbull friendly apartments and I know that is hard to come by. I would prefer to find an apartment anywhere from the Scottsdale, Tempe, or even Chandler area. My pitbull is a very sweet dog, he is not animal aggressive towards any animals and he loves people and little kids. I appreciate any help given. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best bet is to rent a house I think (if possible). My buddies house in Gilbert was damn nice, and they had their pitbull no issues. Every apartment my GF and I been looking to move to have breed restrictions, including the place we are at now.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good luck.... pitbulls have a stigma.... that is why i dont own them anymore.... best dogs i have ever had
Old 04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

I didn't realize that places singled out pit bulls. I learned this on the show Pit Boss.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 PM
TECH Regular

Check out Craigslist. I recently seen some ads for pitbull friendly apartments and some people who help find one for you. If it comes down too it there is a forum member who takes pitbulls in and finds them new homes.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info guys. I might have found a couple apartments that will except pitbulls. I use to know of an apartment complex that would evaluate your dog no matter what breed to determine if you could move in with the dog but I lost that info. I will check out craigslist and look for those ads. If it came down to it I have family that can take in my dog for awhile. Thanks again for the help.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Well crazyelf you were right about craigslist, they have alot of apartments to select from that except pitbulls. Hopefully I find one thats in the area I am looking. Thanks again.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 AM
TECH Regular

Glad to help out man, hope it works out for you. I would never want to be seperated from my dog! shes a pit/boxer and just the best thing ever.

Oh and welcome to the area, If your looking for things to do and meet some people feel free to pm me. I usually get togther with a group of car guys a couple times a month or more. BBQ's and the likes then some friendly racing.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Plus there is always Pavs on saturdays. Check the random phoenix threads we have here in the western section.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

tell them it's a staffordshire terrier?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
tell them it's a staffordshire terrier?
I was going to try that but there was still alot of apartments that wouldnt even except a AmStaff. I even found some that said if the dog even resembled a pitbull that they wouldnt except it. So sad that these dogs have a bad rep when its the other breeds that are responsible for biting more humans.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Oh and welcome to the area, If your looking for things to do and meet some people feel free to pm me. I usually get togther with a group of car guys a couple times a month or more. BBQ's and the likes then some friendly racing.
Might have to take you up on your offer, as of right now I am not driving anything fancy. I plan on getting a WS6 soon. In the mean time I am just trying to figure out where all the meets are.

Plus there is always Pavs on saturdays. Check the random phoenix threads we have here in the western section.
Ive been to Pavs once but I got there kinda late and there wasnt many cars left. I will be going back very soon. I will be keeping a look out for all the LS1's next time I go.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

It's not quite in the area you're looking for (right off the 51 on 32nd and Greenway) but even though my complex say they have breed restrictions there are a couple pits here. The name of the complex is Paradise Falls.

My dog is a 65lb pit mix and they never even looked at him, and we've been here for 10 months or so.

Pros: It's pretty cheap
Cons: It's kinda ghetto

Shoot me a PM if you wanna come check it out, I'd be happy to show you around.

Quick Reply: AZ guys I need a pitbull friendly apartment