Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

"Service Vehicle" light

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Update

Ok so I have an update on the problem:
After scanning and exploring with the Tech 2 we found an "instrument panel" code. It threw code U1000, "Expected message not received". Not totally sure what this is from, but our guess is that perhaps from the swap, my ECU is set to read for a 4 channel ABS, but I have a 3, so it isn't getting the proper reading. I dunno. It doesn't affect my smog, and we just blacked out the light so I can't see it anymore lol.

Thanks to everyone for their input and trying to help out! That's one of the things I love about Tech
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by V68Sweep
Ok so I have an update on the problem:
After scanning and exploring with the Tech 2 we found an "instrument panel" code. It threw code U1000, "Expected message not received". Not totally sure what this is from, but our guess is that perhaps from the swap, my ECU is set to read for a 4 channel ABS, but I have a 3, so it isn't getting the proper reading. I dunno. It doesn't affect my smog, and we just blacked out the light so I can't see it anymore lol.

Thanks to everyone for their input and trying to help out! That's one of the things I love about Tech
Your supposed to take it out and step on it for a sure fix.

Quick Reply: "Service Vehicle" light