Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Wanting Some WCCH 243 Head Results From You Guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wanting Some WCCH 243 Head Results From You Guys

I did a search on here for WCCH 243s and searched back into the early 2000's and really only found alot of L92 head results. But i want 243 head results from the people that have ran them. And not the normal answer of "Yea they are great heads, i love mine". Give me some data guys. What was your setup? Do you have before and after dyno numbers? Post some dyno graphs if u have them. And most importantly what was your gain on track time? I see nothing but AI head threads showing improvements. So lets see those WCCH head improvements. Tell me all about YOUR WCCH 243s.

Last edited by 99 Blue Bird; 06-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

They are great heads, I loved mine...

LOL, just playing. Seriously I did have a set of WCCH 243's on my LS1 TA with a Torquer 2 cam, Edelbrock 1 3/4-1 7/8 stepped headers, and LS6 intake. If I had dynosheets or dyno results I would gladly provide them, but I sold the car shortly after finishing it. It was enough power to beat both of my buddies with C5Z's with intake and full exhaust.

Bump for you.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
They are great heads, I loved mine...

LOL, just playing. Seriously I did have a set of WCCH 243's on my LS1 TA with a Torquer 2 cam, Edelbrock 1 3/4-1 7/8 stepped headers, and LS6 intake. If I had dynosheets or dyno results I would gladly provide them, but I sold the car shortly after finishing it. It was enough power to beat both of my buddies with C5Z's with intake and full exhaust.

Bump for you.
lol thanks for tellin me your experience with the heads.
my setup is gonna be somewhat stealthy, kind of just trying to squeeze every bit out of it. Its a stock LS1 with a Pat G spec EPS cut cam. Its a 218/230 .595/.600 115+4. its for stock exhaust manifolds. It put down 403 rwhp and 39x rwtq in another guys car through stock 243s, LS6 intake, and exhaust manifolds. So i had the same cam cut and am gonna throw on some CNC 243s and a better intake than the LS6 and see what i get out of it. Pretty much a all SMOG passible setup. So im looking for the best CNC program to run
Old 06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Blue Bird
lol thanks for tellin me your experience with the heads.
my setup is gonna be somewhat stealthy, kind of just trying to squeeze every bit out of it. Its a stock LS1 with a Pat G spec EPS cut cam. Its a 218/230 .595/.600 115+4. its for stock exhaust manifolds. It put down 403 rwhp and 39x rwtq in another guys car through stock 243s, LS6 intake, and exhaust manifolds. So i had the same cam cut and am gonna throw on some CNC 243s and a better intake than the LS6 and see what i get out of it. Pretty much a all SMOG passible setup. So im looking for the best CNC program to run
Well before I got my heads I did a little research on where to get my heads ported and EVERYONE told me to go to WCCH, so I did. When I went there I had a nice coversation with Richard and he showed me around the shop and we talked about past, present, and future performance. He's a cool guy and his reputation preceeds him.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont have 243's, but I have WCCH Edelbrock Pro-Ports with a 215cc intake runner. I dont have any dyno results with JUST the head change, i put them on an entirely new motor.

but it did make 723rwhp and 773rwtq at only 13psi, which is pretty good. I know richard pretty well and he does some amazing stuff. He is very involved with the top head manufacturers and he builds heads for many high end race teams. He did the heads on some of the top Texas Mile cars, and last time i was in there, he was doing the BMW factory race team's M5 heads. Pretty impressive... Needless to say, he knows his stuff.

Take your heads to Richard, you wont be disappointed with the performance or service
Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
I dont have 243's, but I have WCCH Edelbrock Pro-Ports with a 215cc intake runner. I dont have any dyno results with JUST the head change, i put them on an entirely new motor.

but it did make 723rwhp and 773rwtq at only 13psi, which is pretty good. I know richard pretty well and he does some amazing stuff. He is very involved with the top head manufacturers and he builds heads for many high end race teams. He did the heads on some of the top Texas Mile cars, and last time i was in there, he was doing the BMW factory race team's M5 heads. Pretty impressive... Needless to say, he knows his stuff.

Take your heads to Richard, you wont be disappointed with the performance or service
i know Richard does the heads for Nelson Racing Engines and they build bad *** stuff all day long and nothing is half assed. so that right there put me onto WCCH. also a old man in my town has the 243s from WCCH. he said his car runs low 11s with a LS6 cam and the heads. pretty impressive 4 sure
Old 06-02-2011, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure if this helps you, but I'm running essentially the same cam/intake/exhaust as you. 218/230 .605/.605 115+2. Has a little bit of a fast lope at idle (sounds like a really quick "hah hah" sound). People who aren't familiar with LS1's can't tell it's cammed until you idle a stock cam LS1 next to it. Tuned properly, it drives just like stock - but stronger overall. With some good 243's it should pull nicely. I'd personally go WCCH 243's if I could afford it.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

west coast cylinder is one of the best cylinder companies out there right now... i am not just saying that because richard is my friend, but because i have tuned cars with alot of different cylinder head combos and WCCH heads always perform at the top of the pack...
Old 06-03-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're lucky to have Richard @ WCCH local to us, that's for sure
Old 06-03-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
west coast cylinder is one of the best cylinder companies out there right now... i am not just saying that because richard is my friend, but because i have tuned cars with alot of different cylinder head combos and WCCH heads always perform at the top of the pack...
thats good to hear. i think im just gonna send my heads over to him. im sure they will be great. than i can post up results and hopefully it will bring him more business now days cuz it seems like alot of people on this board overlook him other than us cali boys.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

thats good to hear. i think im just gonna send my heads over to him. im sure they will be great. than i can post up results and hopefully it will bring him more business now days cuz it seems like alot of people on this board overlook him other than us cali boys.
alot of the people who are looking for budget deals look around him and go with other lesser performing brands, but believe it or not alot of the serious racers use WCCH, like his LS7/LS3 CNC programs, and his incredible AllPro heads....Richard is definitely a busy guy
Old 06-03-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty much sold on WCCH and Richard after hearing the good things, plus seeing his work. I am just curious how his stage 2 243 heads with portwork will stack up against some TFS 215.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Several years ago he did a stage 1 port on my LS2 GTO which had 243/799 heads. Plus a friend of mine let him do a stage 2 port one a mostly all bolt-on street f-body and he hasn't had any complaints. I got a pair of 799 heads that sometime this year will be getting a stage 2 port from WCCH.

Just tell him what kind of performance goals you're after and he'll get it done!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I love how this guy asks for numbers and not recommendations, and this thread has no numbers and is filled with recommendations...
Old 06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I love how this guy asks for numbers and not recommendations, and this thread has no numbers and is filled with recommendations...
lol Yes true but seriously not everyone will have dyno numbers or track times with before and after mods. Seriously waaay too many variables with DA, dyno or track prep or additional mods that were left out or not disclosed to specifically rely on.

I guess only dedicated racers should have responded to this post!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
lol Yes true but seriously not everyone will have dyno numbers or track times with before and after mods. Seriously waaay too many variables with DA, dyno or track prep or additional mods that were left out or not disclosed to specifically rely on.

I guess only dedicated racers should have responded to this post!
lol i wouldnt go that far.
i just wanted figures from everyone. reading about how some guy picked up .5 off his 1/4 mile time and picked up 40 rwhp from a set of AI heads. i was curious how WCCH heads would compare since i was considering sending my heads to AI because of the records they hold from their 243s and peoples results on here. but since WCCH is a CA based business and his work will be a tad cheaper i will be sending my heads to WCCH. so i was curious if people could back up their statements with statistics to prove their statements of " wcch heads are the best" or " i love my wcch heads". so ill just record my own statistics.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i wouldnt go that far.
i just wanted figures from everyone. reading about how some guy picked up .5 off his 1/4 mile time and picked up 40 rwhp from a set of AI heads. i was curious how WCCH heads would compare since i was considering sending my heads to AI because of the records they hold from their 243s and peoples results on here. but since WCCH is a CA based business and his work will be a tad cheaper i will be sending my heads to WCCH. so i was curious if people could back up their statements with statistics to prove their statements of " wcch heads are the best" or " i love my wcch heads". so ill just record my own statistics.
Then your best bet is to head to more appropriate forums:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...omparisons-65/

https://ls1tech.com/forums/11-second-club-87/

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10-second-club-88/

Quick Reply: Wanting Some WCCH 243 Head Results From You Guys