Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thinking about moving to Utah or Colorado from Texas...

Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking about moving to Utah or Colorado from Texas...

Ok.... I work for Dish Network and they have locations to work out of EVERYWHERE and I really want to get away from Texas for a while. I LOVE the Utah and Colorado terrain. I am a huge nature freak and would love to move to another state where there is more to do outdoors and very scenic. If I could move to Canada, I would. lol I'm an avid hunter and would love to live near areas that are able to be "hunted". I HATE being in heavy traffic, so would prefer somewhere that isn't too densely populated. How do you guys like where you live? Any suggestions? THANK YOU for your help!!!!

In Utah, I can transfer to:
Blanding
Moab
Ogden
Orem
Salt Lake City
St George

In Colorado, I can transfer to:

Alamosa
Buena Vista
Burlington
Colorado Springs
Craig
Cripple Creek
Denver
Englewood
Glenwood
Grand Junction
Lamar
Loveland
Montrose
Pagosa Springs
Pueblo
Rifle
Silverthorne
Strasburg
Woodland Park
Yuma
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Come on now. I KNOW you people live here.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

colorado is full of a lot of granola munchers, i cant say i know much about that state to be honest.

I have done quite a bit of elk hunting in Utah though and it seems like a pretty awesome state. Mostly out of boulder utah, look it up. St George is nice and you have zion national park near by as well as the Dixie national forrest and Vegas isnt too far off as well as lake powell which has awesome striper fishing. The people there seem nice, there is a good amount of mormans there but they seem like good people. Utah is a beautiful state thats for certain and there are all different types of enviroments from 10,000 foot mountains to desert floor with all different types of landscapes.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly! I LOVE being outdoors. I hunt anything and everything I can, and as often as I can. My wife and I LOVE camping and hiking. We can only do so much here in Texas. I mean, there is some very nice places here, but will never come close to CO or UT. Thanks for the input. At the end of this summer I'm going to try to take a week or 2 off and drive around these areas to see where I want to go, but need a list. So you have been to St. George?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i have, its a nice town. Definatley smaller and a slower pace of life then im used to but its clean. I have not spent much time just kinda drove through it with my old man. It seems like utah definatley has more things to do outdoors and changes in landscape then colorado from what i have seen.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I am super stoked about moving there. If anyone has any pics or anything of their areas, average rent, any info be sure to post up! I have a lot of research to do before I pull the trigger and could use as many suggestions as possible!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking about moving to Utah or Colorado from Texas...