Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Stereo install

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ConElite
I never seen those. Those look good. Last person I saw that made them was 6LE at like $150 so it was not very cost effective. But for $100 not to bad. Think Im still going to make my own custom one.

The "Weird" ones I was referring to was the Single Din stereos with the oversizes Faceplate. Not the Stereo Bezel/trim.
Those might be the same ones as 6LE's old ones, I think. If so, the guy probably decided to skip 6LE and sell them on his own. Not really sure, but I am sure that 6LE wasn't making them himself.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the TA sail panels are dual 4ohm voice coil speakers which run in series which lowers that speaker to 2ohms with I believe the Rear Trunk Panel speakers. And the Door Speakers Run off the head unit and all rear speakers off the Rear Amp. Im telling you, The wiring in the TA is Horse ****. Once you remove the speakers from the doors, Usually its stamped on the back how many ohms.
Are you sure? I thought the DVCs in the sails in a TA were independently powered... that's where we use up the extra amp channels that we saved by using the HU to power the tweeters.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice .
Double dins look nice when they are done right I've made a few and sold a few on here
Old 08-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Capricio
Are you sure? I thought the DVCs in the sails in a TA were independently powered... that's where we use up the extra amp channels that we saved by using the HU to power the tweeters.
Yeah the sail and Trunk speakers are powered by the amp in the rear. Door speakers are powered by the HU. or something along those lines.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the sail and Trunk speakers are powered by the amp in the rear. Door speakers are powered by the HU. or something along those lines.
Right, the sails are powered by the external Monsoon amp, but the coils are not wired in series. Each coil is 2 ohms and running off it's own amp channel. Only the tweeters on the components are running off the HU speaker outputs. The woofers in the door and hatch components are run from the Monsoon, too.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Capricio
Right, the sails are powered by the external Monsoon amp, but the coils are not wired in series. Each coil is 2 ohms and running off it's own amp channel. Only the tweeters on the components are running off the HU speaker outputs. The woofers in the door and hatch components are run from the Monsoon, too.
There you go. Yeah My biggest issue with replacing the Sail speakers was finding a dual 4-ohm 6" woofer let alone a since 2ohm 6". Another reason why i scrapped the entire POS set-up and went all aftermarket with a 5-Channel Amp.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:07 AM
10 Second Club

anyone ever used one of these?
http://www.casmfg.com/Secretaudio.htm

I want to put one in my mustang and kinda hide it and use the stock area for gauges.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
anyone ever used one of these?
http://www.casmfg.com/Secretaudio.htm

I want to put one in my mustang and kinda hide it and use the stock area for gauges.
Ditch all that. Run a cross-over to an amp with a headphone jack and hook it up to an iPod, done deal. Radio is dead!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ipod killed the video star??? Lol
Old 08-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Ipod killed the video star??? Lol
Yeah buddy!
Old 08-21-2011, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Ditch all that. Run a cross-over to an amp with a headphone jack and hook it up to an iPod, done deal. Radio is dead!
But i like to listen to some radio once in a while. But your idea dose not sound bad. I guess i can download pod cast for my radio

Quick Reply: Stereo install