Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

wiring nightmare?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
As for mine It also has gaps by the pillar eventually I am ditching the dash IMO I like the trans am dash and GTO dash *which I have in mind.
GTO dash pffff too easy...ask me how I know. You should gut it all and build a custom race interior. Then build a turbo set-up for a few years and when you can't get it running right take it into a shop to finish it up for you
Old 08-19-2011, 10:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

what you built in 2 days looks like a small individual piece of cake..
LMAO!

I lol'd.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
LMAO!

I lol'd.
Yeah but what I built is the power distribution for my PCM and body harness and cleans up my engine bay alot. I wouldn't LOL Lee, since you almost replaced your entire secondary air injection system and threw you money away. When it ended up being a crossed wire that only cost me a 2 feet of wire and 1 hour to diagnose/repair so you can ref your car for you "legal swap". Now that made me LOL.

Last edited by XpEdItIoUs; 08-20-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
GTO dash pffff too easy...ask me how I know. You should gut it all and build a custom race interior. Then build a turbo set-up for a few years and when you can't get it running right take it into a shop to finish it up for you
What shop finished it for me? I built it and blew the stock motor and then went forged 370 and Ryne did a e85 speed density tune for me (which he did a badass job on) Still my car runs faster than your car with only 2 gears and my very first run (literally), since the car just got finished getting tuned the day before I havn't had much for the camaro since i have been building my SVO for some road racing, but anytime you want to go heads up let me know bro. It's funny how you and GMMGWS6 got all butt hurt cause you didn't get the responses you guys wanted from everyone. I always liked you and your bros cars since i think they look clean and have complement them. But if you want to talk **** just cause I answered the question to the thread title go right ahead i makes me lol I aint getting hurt

Last edited by XpEdItIoUs; 08-20-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Oh and sorry it took me a few years to build my car not everyone has 20k laying around just to throw into their cars at once
Old 08-20-2011, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZexGX
LMAO!

I lol'd.
just saying.. lol

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
What shop finished it for me? I built it and blew the stock motor and then went forged 370 and Ryne did a e85 speed density tune for me (which he did a badass job on) Still my car runs faster than your car with only 2 gears and my very first run (literally), since the car just got finished getting tuned the day before I havn't had much for the camaro since i have been building my SVO for some road racing, but anytime you want to go heads up let me know bro. It's funny how you and GMMGWS6 got all butt hurt cause you didn't get the responses you guys wanted from everyone, I always liked you and your bros cars since i think they look clean and have complement them. But if you want to talk **** just cause I answered the question to the thread title go right ahead i makes me lol I aint getting hurt
not everyone builds race cars for a living...
i worked on projects for some extra cash on the side.. despite the little free time that some of us have..

no one was expecting you to say tpi terror is the man of the hour.
i personally wouldn't get butt hurt if you were to say "the dash looks ugly and incomplete" but thank you for commenting on the thread.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:12 AM
10 Second Club

just saying.. lol

not everyone builds race cars for a living...
i worked on projects for some extra cash on the side.. despite the little free time that some of us have..

no one was expecting you to say tpi terror is the man of the hour.
i personally wouldn't get butt hurt if you were to say "the dash looks ugly and incomplete" but thank you for commenting on the thread.
I said cake and good job, But I know it's not cake not everyone can do it since it takes lots of brainstorming and creativity. Guess that's the same thing right? Sorry for giving my opinion since you did have a question mark on the thread title. I just don't like how they gap on the 3rd gens and i talk from experience. I'm done here i don't want your posse coming after me again and attacking me for no reason . But good job again it can be a pain in the *** but you got it done
Old 08-20-2011, 01:39 AM
TECH Resident

I said cake and good job, But I know it's not cake not everyone can do it since it takes lots of brainstorming and creativity. Guess that's the same thing right? Sorry for giving my opinion since you did have a question mark on the thread title. I just don't like how they gap on the 3rd gens and i talk from experience. I'm done here i don't want your posse coming after me again and attacking me for no reason . But good job again it can be a pain in the *** but you got it done
doing electrical is the hardest for me, i still need help when i hook up my car battery lol jk
Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 59 camaro
doing electrical is the hardest for me, i still need help when i hook up my car battery lol jk
Just remember James the red wire goes to the + and black to the - not the other way or else you car will run in reverse haha
Old 08-20-2011, 04:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What shop finished it for me? I built it and blew the stock motor and then went forged 370 and Ryne did a e85 speed density tune for me (which he did a badass job on) Still my car runs faster than your car with only 2 gears and my very first run (literally), since the car just got finished getting tuned the day before I havn't had much for the camaro since i have been building my SVO for some road racing, but anytime you want to go heads up let me know bro. It's funny how you and GMMGWS6 got all butt hurt cause you didn't get the responses you guys wanted from everyone. I always liked you and your bros cars since i think they look clean and have complement them. But if you want to talk **** just cause I answered the question to the thread title go right ahead i makes me lol I aint getting hurt
Struck a nerve there? Haha!! Some people are happy with a quick(non-race car) comfortable daily driver. I just thought it was funny how you were calling people out without even having a running car(for months). By your logic, sure lets race heads up brah, I’m building my boost motor as well should be ready for the standing mile in the near future.

On a serious note, the majority of gear-heads(myself included) hate electrical spaghetti. I understand the schematics but don’t have the patience to sit there soldering, heat-wrapping etc. You on the other hand deserve some recognition for your accomplishments and skill, feel free to post on other people’s threads where you find them complaining about wiring nightmares

Just messing with you, nobody is attacking anyone. You just sounds kinda "douchie" (ie your reply to Zex). Cheer up Buttercup
Old 08-20-2011, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Struck a nerve there? Haha!! Some people are happy with a quick(non-race car) comfortable daily driver. I just thought it was funny how you were calling people out without even having a running car(for months). By your logic, sure lets race heads up brah, I’m building my boost motor as well should be ready for the standing mile in the near future.

On a serious note, the majority of gear-heads(myself included) hate electrical spaghetti. I understand the schematics but don’t have the patience to sit there soldering, heat-wrapping etc. You on the other hand deserve some recognition for your accomplishments and skill, feel free to post on other people’s threads where you find them complaining about wiring nightmares

Just messing with you, nobody is attacking anyone. You just sounds kinda "douchie" (ie your reply to Zex). Cheer up Buttercup
Haha Lee has been asking for that one I guess he got PWNED. but to me it seems kinda "douchie" that just cause I answered to a question honestly IMO that I get attacked by his posse. I thought it was his car and was trying to throw in an idea that looks cleaner and takes less time than trying to mess with the stock wiring (the same way other on tech have done it). But you wouldn't understand that, Right Mr. Gearhead? To me it seems cake I actually prefer working with electrical spaghetti than pulling a transmission. But that's just me. My car is not a race car but i wouldn't take it on a road trip either.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

awww wow, I'm part of a posse now! how exciting.

any how all that wiring work is tough, tpiterror's work is sick! and expedaliousious' card board set up looks fancy...
Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Now that made me LOL.
I fail to see how a post regarding cake and a funny image relates to how you helped me fix my car? And yes, your setup is nice, but the picture was a perfect reply.

Quick Reply: wiring nightmare?