Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Battery/altenator going bad?? Need HeLP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery/altenator going bad?? Need HeLP!!

Hey guys for the past 3-4 days since it's been really cold here (28-34*) my car has been acting funny.. First I went out to start the car the other day and it was dead, so I messed with the positive and neg cables and tried to start the car again and it started and ran fine the rest of the day. No more starting problems .. Now when I drive the car the battery meter goes from mid way (13) I think to the little line before the red , going up not down . And it only goes on that line when I first start the car and when I am giving the car gas.. When I cost and roll it reads mid way between the half way line and the high white line.. So its been doing that, and now today it was doing the same stuff but also when I made a couple of sharp turns the battery needle dropped to a little below the half way line but went right back up to where it's been it.. So what can this be? What can happen if I keep driving the car for maybe just 1 more week?
My details are 02 camaro ss , 40 thousand miles on the car, optima red top battery (2-3) years old, I have a alpine system , 2 amps, 2 subs ect.., never had these problems before, only sense it's been really cold .. Like it started right when it got super cold the first night.. Thanks