TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default pima arizona sheriff's office

https://ls1tech.com/forums/military-...-just-saw.html

disturbing to me.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is just so sad. Pima County needs to be brought down hard for the mistakes they made. That family will never be the same because of the sheriffs departments mistakes. RIP
Old 11-28-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pretty old news man.... Seeing as you are not in AZ you have no idea on the amount of abductions, drop houses and drug houses we have here. All of the above are what was suspected of that house.... It happens all the time. Sad they hit the wrong house, but why did he not hit the floor when 10 guys came in shouting Sheriffs office?
Old 11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

cause when a Marines wife wakes you up saying dudes are surrounding the house and you've just fell into a good sleep after a 12 hour mine shift, you grab a weapon and prepare to fight. i dont care if they shout its the pope. to me its obvious he realized it was the cops seeing as how he never took his weapon off safe, never fired at them.

can't speak for other facets of american society, but thats what 85% of Marines would do.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Welp here in az you point a gun at the Po Po (hot or on safe) they will shoot you, Known fact.

He chose poorly, and I'm glad you were so disturbed by this you posted it in two different sections of this board.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:05 PM
TECH Addict

well we wouldn't have had the benefit of a civilian arizonian's input if i'd only left it in the military section. i want to be objective about it...
Old 11-28-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

We all have to abide by the same rules right? It doesn’t matter who you are right, or because you are military (active or retired) you get special privileges? If you are busting down a door of a suspected drug/drop/or _______ house and see someone pointing a gun at you, you’re going to pull the trigger. Think if it was you going in there, you hesitate and you die. You should know that, form your implication I assume you are in the military. I’m also going to assume that you think a separate set of rules apply. Farfetched I know…… They don’t sorry to tell you.

Hope this helps to clear up the fact that I don’t care who you are rules are rules. Nobody is special and the outcome will be the same. If you point a gun at a swat team, you will get shot, your house or not.

Yes it sucks, but i understand they were doing their job. How many time has the military in a whole wasted the wrong targets? It happens, fucked I know, but it dose. Guess what they were doing their jobs as well.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

One thing...was it really necessary to fire 71 rounds at him?! Hitting him 22 times..and I'm pretty sure SWAT teams wear bulletproof vests!! Maybe I dont understand the whole situation but..really??!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sams02Z28
One thing...was it really necessary to fire 71 rounds at him?! Hitting him 22 times..and I'm pretty sure SWAT teams wear bulletproof vests!! Maybe I dont understand the whole situation but..really??!
its reaction firing when you have a team they fire until the threat stops...

thats a stupid comment...

lol let me shoot you with a Ar15 in the chest... ill even let you wear 2 vests... I bet you will not get up!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Yes true it is a stupid comment! But I'd think the threat would have stopped after 20ish rounds?!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

The problem is its such a fast encounter you are worried about what your doing not other swat officers... So its really not uncommon for a group to over shoot.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MikeyZ
...thats a stupid comment...
no comments here are stupid. you may not agree, but don't resort to name calling fellas. let your opinions and data stand on their own.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

The same rules should apply the other way. When they cops bust into the wrong house and they all get killed it should be their tough luck. No charges.

These wild west no knock warrants are no good. It is a violation of peoples rights and a dangerous practice.

There has been far too many tragedies from these.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by speedtigger
The same rules should apply the other way. When they cops bust into the wrong house and they all get killed it should be their tough luck. No charges.

These wild west no knock warrants are no good. It is a violation of peoples rights and a dangerous practice.

They do.... there have been many times when the police get hung out to dry when they mess up. At least here, anyways. We have such a huge problem here that it come to this. Come live here for a while, have your identey stolen, spend 2-4 hours in a ER waiting room and be the only one who's going to pay. How bout the great hit and run trick that happens, get hit and 4 guys bail out of a metro. You're screwed anyway it goes.

Again it sucks it happend, but mistakes happen. It happens everyday, everywhere.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speedtigger

when was it a non knock warrent? they clearly announced themselves several times as we as had sirens blaring...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
no comments here are stupid. you may not agree, but don't resort to name calling fellas. let your opinions and data stand on their own.
I apologize if I offended someone for saying "stupid" I ment it in a general way more like a silly comment.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

If living in fear of abductions is part of life in Arizona then maybe that’s the reason this Marine grabbed his weapon when he heard people forcing their way into his family home.

If someone points a weapon at a law enforcement officer (or anyone else) in a public place and the gunman is shot without warning, I think that things went well. If police knock on a residence and wait for the occupant to open the door and the occupant raises a weapon and gets shot as a result, I think things went well.

If police break in to serve a search warrant and a citizen is shot because he has a weapon with its muzzle pointed in a forward direction I think the situation is no longer clear. If I have reason to believe intruders are in my home, my weapon’s muzzle will be pointed in the direction that I am looking. I question how much of an opportunity some homeowners have had to verify the identity of the people pointing guns at them in their own homes. My fear is that some have been shot simply for having a weapon in hand. From many videos I’ve watched of SWAT searches I can understand how those inside a home would not be aware that a legitimate warrant is being served. Apparently homeowners should first check their home without a weapon. If intruders are encountered who are not with law enforcement then the homeowner should get his weapon and proceed to defend his life.

If I heard a siren and then my home was broken into I would think that a chase was in progress and a dangerous criminal had broken into my home. That error would likely result in my death.

This reminds me of a recent case where a homeowner had captured an intruder. The homeowner’s wife called 911 and made it clear that the homeowner had the intruder held at gun point. The first officer to enter the home immediately shot the homeowner. The last update I heard in that case was that doctors thought that they may amputate the homeowner’s hand as a result of his police inflicted injuries.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will be interesting to hear the whole story once all the evidence presents itself via the lawsuit.

Regardless if he just woke up to someone approaching his house, he had the presence of mind to arm himself.

Its a no-win situation either way.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

maybe this guy would be better http://www.facebook.com/pages/Walt-S...158322?sk=wall maybe, maybe not...
Old 12-05-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by slowpoke96z28
cause when a Marines wife wakes you up saying dudes are surrounding the house and you've just fell into a good sleep after a 12 hour mine shift, you grab a weapon and prepare to fight. i dont care if they shout its the pope. to me its obvious he realized it was the cops seeing as how he never took his weapon off safe, never fired at them.

can't speak for other facets of american society, but thats what 85% of Marines would do.
agreed im currently a active duty Machine gunner in the Marine Corps, i would have done the same as well, in the hype of things your not thinking your reacting..."muscle memory"

Quick Reply: pima arizona sheriff's office