Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Irvine meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StraightTimeStirrups
I thought that this site was about DRIVING/ENJOYING our cars! How can 50 miles be TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far when you expect people to show up in Irvine from both LA and San Diego?

If I am on a website which is about enjoying my car and I dont want to drive my car 50 miles to go to a car show and enjoy some awesome racing there is something wrong with the world today!

Joe

Wo wo relax noob. Perris about 1 hour and 30 minutes from me. Irvine is 40 min. Plus traffic isn't pretty sometimes even on the weekends.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
That lot sucks. We need a lot where we can park and get food. Last time we did it a lot of he people left to get food and never came back.
What about the empire center in Burbank? Granted its not Irvine but its a gigantic lot with plenty of restaurants, and its right off the 5 freeway.

Few months back there was a huge ricer meet there and Burbank PD was there monitoring. Thats what gave me the idea for that.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Wo wo relax noob. Perris about 1 hour and 30 minutes from me. Irvine is 40 min. Plus traffic isn't pretty sometimes even on the weekends.
LOL,

So I take it that it's too far for someone from Perris to make the trip to Irvine then! I'm just laughing at this to be honest but you guys were looking for a place to have an event and the Riverside area is just about centrally located to everyone in So Cal from San Diego, irvine, LA and even Palm Springs! Perris used to have an 1/8 mile track that you can inquire about having it set up for a fee to run on Saturday morning and the set up an area for a car show in the afternoon and then hit up the Sprint Car races! Where else can you attempt to do that in So Cal?

No matter wher you have an event in So Cal someone is going to drive an hour and a half to get to it! Might as well be you on this one!
Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thegooseman
What about the empire center in Burbank? Granted its not Irvine but its a gigantic lot with plenty of restaurants, and its right off the 5 freeway.

Few months back there was a huge ricer meet there and Burbank PD was there monitoring. Thats what gave me the idea for that.
we aren't ricers though. I'm sure if rules are set a lot of people will respect them. Plus I think cops would probably get off and check out some good ol american muscle.
LOL,

So I take it that it's too far for someone from Perris to make the trip to Irvine then! I'm just laughing at this to be honest but you guys were looking for a place to have an event and the Riverside area is just about centrally located to everyone in So Cal from San Diego, irvine, LA and even Palm Springs! Perris used to have an 1/8 mile track that you can inquire about having it set up for a fee to run on Saturday morning and the set up an area for a car show in the afternoon and then hit up the Sprint Car races! Where else can you attempt to do that in So Cal?

No matter wher you have an event in So Cal someone is going to drive an hour and a half to get to it! Might as well be you on this one!
Never said that. Just for my personal taste I wouldn't drive so far for an event like u are promoting here. Plus we are trying to setup a meet not a day at the track to watch some cars go round and round man.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

What about one of the parking lots at The District? about 5 min away from spectrum..lots of food, bowling, movies, etc..some BIG parking lots too
Old 01-03-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL,

how clean is that location? i dont wanna be rolling around in dirt.

Originally Posted by 1Psycho
What about one of the parking lots at The District? about 5 min away from spectrum..lots of food, bowling, movies, etc..some BIG parking lots too
Old 01-03-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

^^this^^
Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

x3 On that one.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

May want to call up and check to see if they won't kick us out or if they can fence off some area for us since it tends to get crowded on the weekends

http://www.thedistricttl.com/location/location.aspx

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address...&zipcode=92602
Old 01-04-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't live around that area so I can't say it works. Sounds like it would though.someone make that call so I can get this on the go!
Old 01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Not a Bad Idea, I work there. The back end where the Petsmart/Petco always has a lot of space.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
Not a Bad Idea, I work there. The back end where the Petsmart/Petco always has a lot of space.
Maybe u should ask permission
Old 01-07-2012, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Maybe u should ask permission
For which day? Im good with security here.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Feb 26
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey fearthedeer.... Anything?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Just talked to them right now. Said anywhere here is fine as long as we behave, dont prohibit traffic flow, and spend money in a few places to justify being here so it isn't considered loitering.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im down for going to this , its been almost 3yrs since I've been to the irvin meet , last time I was there I hooked up with my gf there lol
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

so that's what it is..Feb 26th at the District!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
Just talked to them right now. Said anywhere here is fine as long as we behave, dont prohibit traffic flow, and spend money in a few places to justify being here so it isn't considered loitering.

Do u have an address? Let's make this official.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

2437 Park Avenue
Tustin‎ CA‎ 92782
United States

is this it??

Quick Reply: Irvine meet