Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Prius drivers

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyZ
I have worked for toyota and had to drive those damn things every day... They are horrible the batterys are only rated for 5 years and the amount of pollution that the plants make off sets anything the prius saves... also the batterys are close to $10,000 when they have to be replaced.

When I was at toyota I did research check this out if you take the top of the line corolla and the top of the line prius and subtract the price between them you wont pay for gas tell the corolla hits close to 70,000 MILES!!!!

PRIUS DRIVES ARE SUCKERS

AMEN!

and to add to this- the used batteries have to be disposed of. more resources wasted, pollution made, and then the next set of batteries are needed, so the cycle repeats itself...

If these "environmentalists" truly cared about the environment (versus patting themselves on the back) they would not own a car. they'd ride a bike, walk, take mass transit, etc. but they don't. So, on top of all this they are hippocrits.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I stumbled on your thread! Not a big fan of the Priussessessess either.

Im sure you guys can appreciate this

What a dirty dirty *****... Bah hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ
Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NovaKid
Glad I stumbled on your thread! Not a big fan of the Priussessessess either.

Im sure you guys can appreciate this

What a dirty dirty *****... Bah hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdMySWfAIQ
I love the simple ROI comparison.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha that video is great.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good video!
She probably doesn't realize her car still creates pollution, since it still has the "Devils" own internal combustion engine..... What a freaking Idiot!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Good video!
She probably doesn't realize her car still creates pollution, since it still has the "Devils" own internal combustion engine..... What a freaking Idiot!
na man.. she probably threw that car in the trash by now and drives a nissan leaf.

powered by coal.

I bet she'd feel real happy about using the power of government to mandate that we all do it too.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Imagine how much pollution comes out of her ***?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:23 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Look at all the haters.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Imagine how much pollution comes out of her ***?
I would have to consider her a gross polluter, since she's also talking out of her ***. To bad somebody didn't trade her in when "Cash for Clunkers" was in effect; it would have be perfect solution to her spewing her pollution everywhere......
Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Look at all the haters.
I too have been drinking the "Hater"ade. It's delicious. I have extra if you'd like some?
Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 AM
Old School Heavy

There is a great new film that all of you fan boys will love!

http://youtu.be/nH_vJRRMkvE
Old 02-01-2012, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

2012 Chevy Volt:

Charging for about $1.50 per day on average

"It doesn't get much simpler than that. For less than the cost of a latte, you can fully charge your Volt and drive an EPA–estimated 35 miles gas–free. Choose a standard 120V charging kit that allows you to plug into a conventional electrical outlet and fully charge the battery in about 10 hours, depending on climate."

Hahaha! 10 Hours...

The chevy volt starts at about $32,000 but the after taxes and options, you can easily count on 40 grand. What a rip off. If you're lucky, you're grandkid's grandkids may see all electric cars in production. Either way, I think petroleum isn't going anywhere any time soon.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Old School Heavy

I never hear the tree huggers hate on hotrods like some hate on technology. I have heard them hate on SUVs and super luxury cars with bad gas mileage, but I have never heard them hate on hotrods. Electric cars are coming. You might as well get used to it. If you don't want one, don't buy one. But don't think for a minute that hating on them is going to stop it.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:07 AM
TECH Regular

In my neck of the woods the prius tards are always doing 90 in the passing lane or tailgating me in the slow lane. I just avoid them as they're mentally unstable. I do enjoy pulling bus lengths on the more aggressive ones then slowing back down and let them pass.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here, i always see them speeding. When they try to pass me i just speed up while staying next to.them till they get stuck behind a car in their lane.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by C5natie
When they try to pass me i just speed up while staying next to.them till they get stuck behind a car in their lane.
Ah yes. There we go. I see people pulling the asinine move all the time. I could never figure out what is wrong in peoples head when they disrupt their own travel pattern just to disturb somebody else's.

Maybe you could provide insight?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Ah yes. There we go. I see people pulling the asinine move all the time. I could never figure out what is wrong in peoples head when they disrupt their own travel pattern just to disturb somebody else's.

lol.

Everybody doesn't have to speed, but dear god, drive in the appropriate lane. Move over if someone is coming up behind you. Let them by.

I have buddies that say "F them, they can go around me"

I tell them "You're the type of Ahole that causes traffic in the first place"
Old 02-01-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
lol.

Everybody doesn't have to speed, but dear god, drive in the appropriate lane. Move over if someone is coming up behind you. Let them by.

I have buddies that say "F them, they can go around me"

I tell them "You're the type of Ahole that causes traffic in the first place"
truth.

"traffic" is defined as 1 or 2 people that won't get the F out of the way. Prius owners are USUALLY some of the slowest on the road, to their defense tho.. most of the time they're already in the slow lane where inferior vehicles belong.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Teching In

the sad thing is my saturn winter beater gets 38mpgs. the new vw turbo diesels get 42-44 crusing down the highway and they ARENT EVEN HYRBRIDS. when my 94 z28 got totaled, i got a rental car for a few weeks from the insurance company till they cut me a check. they gave me a prius.. i raced a friends probe gt (non turbo) and beat it in the 1/4. and i also got the car doing 108mph down the highway.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I didnt explain it well. This is when I barely have a small cushion between myself and the car in front of me. I dont like tailgating and being on someones *** if theyre moving at a decent speed. Yet it seems like drivers in these little cars, like the prius, never look to see if you have a safe cushion in front. They think because their car fits then they can merge, then I end up having to get on my brakes just so they can hop out later again and keep speeding. F that. I dont let jerks in. If I have to slow down then they have to hit the brakes and wait for me to pass to merge. If theyre going fast enough and have enough room then it shouldnt affect me or my speed. Thats how I drive. If I get in front of someone its at a speed and distance where that driver shouldnt have to let off the gas.

Quick Reply: Prius drivers