Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Shop in San Diego? Clutch problem etc

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shop in San Diego? Clutch problem etc

Hey guys,

Any shops in San Diego, hopefully close to Poway that are honest and maybe work on LS1's?

Got a sinking clutch pedal on 98WS6 with 110k on it. I am sure the slave or master and possibly the whole clutch may be almost worn out. Not sure if clutch was ever replaced.

Car is getting close to not drivable. Started out when cold not able to get in gear then added a little fluid and pumped a bunch of times and it started working. Happened a few more times and now it has low pedal and barely goes in gear all the time.

Also AC is not working.

Also, would take volunteer to help me diagnose, repair. Have a garage with tools.

Thanks Mike
Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Finally got car back on the road thank to haighter - https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=81262

Paid him to put in a LS7 clutch, Tick Master, slave. Shifts better than it ever did before!!

He did a great job and is definitely a LS1 expert, master tech and stand up guy.

If you need work done search for his profile. He even towed my car!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1st98WS6
Finally got car back on the road thank to haighter - https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=81262

Paid him to put in a LS7 clutch, Tick Master, slave. Shifts better than it ever did before!!

He did a great job and is definitely a LS1 expert, master tech and stand up guy.

If you need work done search for his profile. He even towed my car!!!

Also had CJ do the same for my car -- when I had it -- and I can say with confidence if it was one thing that wasn't going to ever break on that car, it was the transmission. Top notch work, glad to hear you got it taken care of.

Quick Reply: Shop in San Diego? Clutch problem etc