Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

What is with 5th gen owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HEYPAL01impala
So adam if I keep drinking my car gets lighter...sweet im all for that type of weight savings
Exactly Jerry, Let me know if you need help lol.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Do you ever post anything helpful?
Sorry dude was that something that insults you?

Cuz it seems to get underneath your skin when I post build threads, comments,pics and ideas . Part of the Anti tpi terr club ?? Dont hate

Back to adams 5th gen douchebag thread ..
IMO Somewhat Irrelevant besides the 5g v6 guys with exhaust hauling and driving stupid wishing they had the l99 or ls3 version
Old 02-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR

Cuz it seems to get underneath your skin when I post build threads, comments,pics and ideas . Part of the Anti tpi terr club ?? Dont hate

IMO Somewhat Irrelevant besides the 5g v6 guys with exhaust hauling and driving stupid wishing they had the l99 or ls3 version
Anyone ever tell you that your Camaro looks like a Trans Am in your sig? I know what your car looks like, but literally every time I see the sig, for some reason my mind jumps to 'it's a 3rd gen trans am''

Regarding the thread, I've had more encounters with douchebag 5th gen owners than all other car combined. When they had just came out, I was driving a 3 valve mustang gt at the time that was exhaust only so pretty much stock. He was ls3/m6, and the ******* guy lost from a dig all the way to the higher mph. I couldn't believe it at all. We were even with me about a 1/4 car length, and then just SLOWLY pulled little by little till he was at the rear of my car.

Coincidentally this has been the ONE time that the guy wasn't an ******* when driving a 5th gen in my experience. Gave me a thumbs up and him and his girlfriend/wife were all smiles. He took off and I caught back up real quick to tell him good run and we both went our separate ways. I was positive I was gonna get my *** handed to me.

5th gen owners are a different kind it seems. To me, they seem a lot more like the guys that drive the 5.7 chargers thinking they had the best cars on the road and acting snobbish. It's just a new generation I guess.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSkull
Anyone ever tell you that your Camaro looks like a Trans Am in your sig? I know what your car looks like, but literally every time I see the sig, for some reason my mind jumps to 'it's a 3rd gen trans am''

Regarding the thread, I've had more encounters with douchebag 5th gen owners than all other car combined. When they had just came out, I was driving a 3 valve mustang gt at the time that was exhaust only so pretty much stock. He was ls3/m6, and the ******* guy lost from a dig all the way to the higher mph. I couldn't believe it at all. We were even with me about a 1/4 car length, and then just SLOWLY pulled little by little till he was at the rear of my car.

Coincidentally this has been the ONE time that the guy wasn't an ******* when driving a 5th gen in my experience. Gave me a thumbs up and him and his girlfriend/wife were all smiles. He took off and I caught back up real quick to tell him good run and we both went our separate ways. I was positive I was gonna get my *** handed to me.

5th gen owners are a different kind it seems. To me, they seem a lot more like the guys that drive the 5.7 chargers thinking they had the best cars on the road and acting snobbish. It's just a new generation I guess.
You mean like a gta? Must be the wheels lol

I've ran at least four 5g SS.
They' were cool two of em gave me a thumbs up. One of them said "bs!! not a bolt on ls1"

Gm needs to step up on some weight reduction on those
Old 02-04-2012, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR

Who said I was insulted? You come in here with sarcasm as if this section is only made for your threads. Any more threads of yours that your would like to bump?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
What's up juanito?
Old 02-05-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
What's up juanito?
Sup perro?
Old 02-05-2012, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Whoaa there guys lol. I just overlooked Little Fidel's comments, no need to bring animosity. We already know where we all stand with each other, no need to beat a dead horse. This is about how douchey some 5th gen owners are lol.

Ivan I am sure there is not much competition for your bucket lol haha.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol nice one
Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Teching In

Welcome to the western forum
Old 02-05-2012, 02:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackwidowZ
Welcome to the western forum
Turned into face book/lounge
Old 02-05-2012, 07:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Haven't had any problems with 5th gen owners myself... but then again I can probably count the amount of times on one hand I've driven my car in the last 2 years
Old 02-05-2012, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Haven't had any problems with 5th gen owners myself... but then again I can probably count the amount of times on one hand I've driven my car in the last 2 years
How ya been man, I haven't seen ya in forever.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey Adam

Been ok, just busy with life lol. Starting to make some more serious decisions on things as of late. Selling the car being one of them unfortunately. Just kinda lost interest I suppose. But been good...

You?
Old 02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Launching!

I don't understand why in this age of Carbon Fiber and Aluminum alloys that are as strong as steel GM couldn't have made a Gen 5 lighter than any in the past. Lack of effort along with greed for profit is the only thing I can think of.

I'm surprised anyone has gotten a Gen 5 guy to race them, I can't. One chic in a V6 Gen 5 out of at least a dozen times I tried. New Mustang owners are worst, I see a ton of them on the road but I have only had one in a GT 500 stop and race at 3 beeps. I won by a good car length. The Gen 5 cars are faster than you might think with a few bolt on's and a tune.

In a few years there will be a ton of Gen 5 cars sold used and the same guys dissing them now will be modding them and talking about how great they are. It happens every time a new model comes out.

There is still no excuse for the current Gen 5 owners attitude, all I can tell you is they will ban you from their websites when you tell them they are being ********.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

I saw a douchebag 5th gen 6 cyl tard this afternoon after work. He was tailgating some guy and swerving across the center line for some stupid reason. I wish I was driving my Z28 so I could have raped him hard.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

So adam if I keep drinking my car gets lighter...sweet im all for that type of weight savings
It only does until you sober up. Miraculously, it gains weight as you sleep off the buzz and you wake-up in the morning finding excuses to run out the door.

Originally Posted by No Hope
I don't understand why in this age of Carbon Fiber and Aluminum alloys that are as strong as steel GM couldn't have made a Gen 5 lighter than any in the past. Lack of effort along with greed for profit is the only thing I can think of.
Yeah, that would have taken it out of the price range they were aiming for if they chose to keep the same margins. (my opinion)
Old 02-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
It only does until you sober up. Miraculously, it gains weight as you sleep off the buzz and you wake-up in the morning finding excuses to run out the door.

So what YOU'RE saying is I should always keep drinking...I could live with that too lol.

Last edited by HEYPAL01impala; 02-06-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: cause i can
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Hey Adam

Been ok, just busy with life lol. Starting to make some more serious decisions on things as of late. Selling the car being one of them unfortunately. Just kinda lost interest I suppose. But been good...

You?
Good man, same here I have been working like crazy and well I have been really contemplating selling the car but the woman says absolutely not (she thinks I would be super depressed if I sold it lol) Otherwise I have just been keeping the house neat and tidy. Ohh yeah we bought a house too lol.

Originally Posted by No Hope

I'm surprised anyone has gotten a Gen 5 guy to race them, I can't. One chic in a V6 Gen 5 out of at least a dozen times I tried. New Mustang owners are worst, I see a ton of them on the road but I have only had one in a GT 500 stop and race at 3 beeps. I won by a good car length. The Gen 5 cars are faster than you might think with a few bolt on's and a tune.

In a few years there will be a ton of Gen 5 cars sold used and the same guys dissing them now will be modding them and talking about how great they are. It happens every time a new model comes out.

There is still no excuse for the current Gen 5 owners attitude, all I can tell you is they will ban you from their websites when you tell them they are being ********.
I believe it has to do with price, they would be way out of the price range they are shooting for if they used those materials.

So what YOU'RE saying is I should always keep drinking...I could live with that too lol.
Yes Jerry, you should that is a very good idea, it's like milk to you and I anyways lol.

Quick Reply: What is with 5th gen owners?