Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

What is with 5th gen owners?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol lucky! My wife hates my car. She'd sell it for 3k if I let her!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the minority LT1 population here. I have to deal with douchbags in 4th gen LS1's and 5th gens. Somehow, most aren't smiling after getting their doors blown off by an LT1. Not saying all 4th gen LS1 owners are cocky, I have a lot of friends with LS1's. Still have yet to run into a 5th gen who was cool after losing, most won't even look at me at the next red light.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Lol lucky! My wife hates my car. She'd sell it for 3k if I let her!
Dude, the fiancee said she could not deal with me being that depressed, plus she says she loves how my car sounds and "we just can't get rid of such a pretty car" lol.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fast01z28
The new Camaro is made for the "common people" like how the mustang has always been. This means that non-car enthusiasts are now buying camaros. A real car enthusiast would take a loss in stride rather than most so-cal driving idiots out there get pissed if they loose.
I'm glad they are buying the Camaro to keep it alive, but I wish more real car guys were buying them.
Originally Posted by mannyman84
Lots of ingnorant 5th gen owners look down on us 4th gen owners because our Cars are 10 years + old. Just like a lot of 4th gen Ls owners looked down on LT1's. I think it's these magazines that get people pumped up into thinking 425hp would murder a 325hp car but forgot about the weight issue. And the RS owners think 304 hp is good enough to stay with a 305 HP ls1 Z28
LOL, if i had a penny for every 5th gen V6 guy that boasted about his 312 hp 6 banger.
Originally Posted by No Hope
5th Gen owners are about 90% douche bags and the rest are alright. I have a 2011 Camaro SS and I was on 2 all 5th Gen websites before I found this one and they were 90% to 95% snobbish, self-righteous ********. You couldn't talk about street racing or tell a vendor he was full of **** without getting banned. They were more interested in what it looked like under the hood than what it could do after the hood was closed. Most of them bought their car for social status and not race. I bought mine because it reminded me of the 1969 Camaro I had that burnt up in a fire when I was 20, and I LOVE IT.
Yeah, I LOL at the guys spendiing $10k+ to run 12s. The 5th gen site is all about $$$, so you can't say anything about vendors. I really hate that you can't even talk trash to each other over there. Talking trash is part of racing.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SUX2BU
I'm glad they are buying the Camaro to keep it alive, but I wish more real car guys were buying them.

LOL, if i had a penny for every 5th gen V6 guy that boasted about his 312 hp 6 banger.

Yeah, I LOL at the guys spendiing $10k+ to run 12s. The 5th gen site is all about $$$, so you can't say anything about vendors. I really hate that you can't even talk trash to each other over there. Talking trash is part of racing.

That's why I like LS1tech so much, its how a car mod forum should be. If a vendor gets silly with claims of big RWHP gains you can slap him till he shuts up and goes away.

The other websites let them claim anything they want. The moderators on the Gen 5 sites have multiple user names, when a vendor makes a post trying to sell something the moderators log on with different user names telling everyone that they bought the product and how happy they are with it. When you say something to the contrary they all jump on you like fly's on ****.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

There's probably a lot of 5th Gen drivers that this is their first sporty performance type car, so all they've ever known is boring and slow, get me to work and back cars. Furthermore they don't really have a solid attachment/personal bond to their car, some never will, and other will start wanting to make subtle changes to their car and then their "hooked", and after that they'll probably always be looking for new ways to improve the "Baby". So regardless of whether they see their car as strictly a tool, or a part of the family and a way of life, some people are just; "*** Holes"!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SUX2BU

Ok glad to see a fifth gen guy in here lol. BTW that is a nice vert, I don't really care for them too much but yours is pretty sweet looking.

And I second the wish for real car guys buying them, but hey such is the world, I guess it's like every other sporty/muscle car some buy for the fact they can say I have one, some buy to use correctly haha.

Quick Reply: What is with 5th gen owners?