Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

WHATS BETTER a CAMARO or a FIREBIRD (NOT TRYING TO START SHIT HAHA)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012 | 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJs1FastSS
yep no yellow here on my z28 i do have to sand & polish the front headlights to make them look new again
Agreed. Going to have to steal this picture if you don't mind. TA is sexy
Old 03-09-2012 | 12:42 AM
On The Tree

ive owned 2 ta's one is in this pic (see beavermans 2 my old ta in black on right) and i tell ya i like my plain jane Z28 WAY better..just simpler and cleaner to me
Old 03-09-2012 | 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Maroboy
imo i like the camaro better, but i think the trans am has a better front end, and the camaro looks better from the back!
Agreed but Camaro's with the CME.
Old 03-09-2012 | 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

I like the design way better on the 98-02 Firebirds/TA. It's a design that could be considered "timeless" (not my words), whereas the 93-02 Camaro design is easier to perceive as dated/aquatic.
Old 03-09-2012 | 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
As far as quality goes there is no comparing , both cars have equally there up's and down's , just in different places
But we can all agree that , rattles and water from the taillights after a wash , are some of the worse parts about theses cars
Yea I agree. I have had both and like them both as well, for some reason I just always end up with Firebirds.

Maybe I just dont mind the headlight issues because when something is broken on my car...i fix it unlike alot of f body owners.
Old 03-10-2012 | 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I was never really into flashy looks, I liked how the camaro was the original and was the performance car, although it is scary how we could be driving a panther.... lol.
Actually you can buy a brand new Panther if it suits your tasted buds and have the cash!
http://slpcars.com/?page_id=1032

I prefer the Firehawk 98-02.
Old 03-10-2012 | 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What about a trans camaro ?

Old 03-10-2012 | 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^^ lmao that's the perfect car
Old 03-10-2012 | 04:59 PM
Banned

I prefer the look of the Trans Am over the Camaro.

But I'm glad I never bought a Trans Am. They are overpriced, they have the pop-up headlights which ALWAYS have issues. The 4th generation has that interior door crack problem. And personally I think the Camaro has a little more namesake than a Trans Am does.

Normal every day people know what a Camaro is, and this was before 2010 when the new one came out. The Trans Am/Firebird is still sorta unknown amongst the general public.
Old 03-10-2012 | 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ not if you say firebird.
Old 03-10-2012 | 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
Can't say I've ever seen a camaro with only one headlight fliped , t/a's well pretty common , and my headlights don't make noise or buze for minutes after I turn them off
Catfish need to see to find their food.

Now a bird of prey, they can hunt with their eye(s) closed.
Old 03-10-2012 | 10:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

Now a bird of prey, they can hunt with their eyes closed.
I wonder how fast they see things at night when their eyes are closed and going at high speeds?
Old 03-11-2012 | 04:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

Now a bird of prey, they can hunt with their eye(s) closed.
Yea but while there eyes are closed , the only thing those birds will be eating is my dust :p
Old 03-11-2012 | 05:06 AM
Teching In

Its the exact same car....your difference comes in wieght, and body. I think the TA has a more aggressive look.
Old 03-11-2012 | 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
I prefer the look of the Trans Am over the Camaro.

But I'm glad I never bought a Trans Am. They are overpriced, they have the pop-up headlights which ALWAYS have issues. The 4th generation has that interior door crack problem. And personally I think the Camaro has a little more namesake than a Trans Am does.

Normal every day people know what a Camaro is, and this was before 2010 when the new one came out. The Trans Am/Firebird is still sorta unknown amongst the general public.
They cost more because they are harder to find. They made quite a few more Camaros than Firebird although there arent any definate numbers on the Pontiac side after 1999. 33,578 Firebirds were made in 1998 vs 47,577 Camaros. The price for Firebirds was also higher.

Pop up headlights do not always have issues, Ive had three 4th gen Firebirds, only one had headlight issues. I turned one gear around and replaced the other gear and never had another problem.

Also out of three 4th gens only one had the cracked door panel problem. Thats in my 2000 WS6 Daily driver that had 132k miles on it when I got it and they were already cracked.

Anybody remotely into cars that would know what a Camaro is will know what a Trans Am is. How many shows and movies featured that Camaro everyone lusted after? Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball run, Hooper, are all movies that featured Trans Ams as the main car. then shows like Nightrider and Rockford files had them as well. I think they are far from "unknown"

That being said ive owned 10 Camaros and 5 Firebirds. I like them both and am not against Camaros, im just against people against Firebirds.
Old 03-11-2012 | 02:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
They cost more because they are harder to find. They made quite a few more Camaros than Firebird although there arent any definate numbers on the Pontiac side after 1999. 33,578 Firebirds were made in 1998 vs 47,577 Camaros. The price for Firebirds was also higher.

Pop up headlights do not always have issues, Ive had three 4th gen Firebirds, only one had headlight issues. I turned one gear around and replaced the other gear and never had another problem.

Also out of three 4th gens only one had the cracked door panel problem. Thats in my 2000 WS6 Daily driver that had 132k miles on it when I got it and they were already cracked.

Anybody remotely into cars that would know what a Camaro is will know what a Trans Am is. How many shows and movies featured that Camaro everyone lusted after? Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball run, Hooper, are all movies that featured Trans Ams as the main car. then shows like Nightrider and Rockford files had them as well. I think they are far from "unknown"

That being said ive owned 10 Camaros and 5 Firebirds. I like them both and am not against Camaros, im just against people against Firebirds.
The people I work with don't know what a Firebird or a Trans Am are, but they do know what a Camaro is. I realize they do not represent the majority of people, but there ARE a good number of people out there who are not as familiar with the Firebird as the are with the Camaro.
Old 03-11-2012 | 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000SSgeorge
Actually you can buy a brand new Panther if it suits your tasted buds and have the cash!
http://slpcars.com/?page_id=1032

I prefer the Firehawk 98-02.
LOL thanks that is awesome I have not been keeping up on new Camaro trims, that is pretty awesome.
Old 03-11-2012 | 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrElectric03

I fully agree. And for the people "in the know" if you ordered a 1LE or a non-Monsoon speaker package, you would have different Firebird door panels that don't have tweeters/cupholders. Those V6/1LE door panels NEVER crack. Both of my headlight motors have grinded once at different times. I did the free fix by turning the gear shaft until the gear was 180 degrees from where it was, and the issue was resolved. Easy fix. No headaches. The people that complain are the people "DOIN IT RONG". I did a BLS projector retrofit for my low beams, so my low beams are awesome. Despite that, I often drive with just the 5000k HIDs in the fog lights.
http://youtu.be/XL94rGEgCFg
Old 03-11-2012 | 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
The people I work with don't know what a Firebird or a Trans Am are, but they do know what a Camaro is. I realize they do not represent the majority of people, but there ARE a good number of people out there who are not as familiar with the Firebird as the are with the Camaro.
...and im sure theres an equal number that know a trans am but couldnt tell a Camaro from a Yugo
Old 03-11-2012 | 05:33 PM
Teching In

Mustangs are better...wait what

Quick Reply: WHATS BETTER a CAMARO or a FIREBIRD (NOT TRYING TO START SHIT HAHA)