Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

California smog is retarded.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although slightly different, when I went to have my SUV smogged they failed it (not officially) because I did not have the CARB EO sticker for the K&N CAI. I had to run to K&N, have them inspect it, then they gave me the sticker I needed. K&N also has an online form you can submit with pictures to get the sticker, so maybe the manufacturer of your headers has the same option.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wifes Lancer has an AEM intake on it that was there from when she purchased it and the last time we got it smogged the dude looked up and down for the ID number and couldn't find it. He still passed it, I want to get her a legit intake though so we don't chance it in the future.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the feedback guys I got the stickers from SLP and the smog shop agreed to smog it again. However, this time instead of passing, the NO levels were way to high. The first time they smogged it, it was something like 230 with an allowable max level of 490 or something like that. However this time, it was something really high like 750 or something. How could this have changed so drastically over the course of ~2 weeks? I haven't noticed anything different about the car. The only thing I did was do the ICM cooling mod and replace the coil wire neither of which I could see effecting NO levels.

Quick Reply: California smog is retarded.....