Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Marios 2002 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
anything looks fast when your racing high 12 second head cam ls1's. Dynos lie a stock car on long tubes and a tune should make between 340-360 +/- 5hp. Its how the they load the dynos. a stock ls1 will make 300-325 whp +/- 5hp.

Im not talking ****, just dont want a bunch of informed people thinking that bolt on ls1's will make close to 400whp.

I know your bro very well lol
Is LS6 heads and cam considered bolt ons on f-body since its factory production parts?

It will not make 400 rwhp but you can get real close to it, if you do it right which means it would require whole lot of knowledge on LSx based motors along with experience.

Are you saying that has never been done?

No disrespect to you Josh, just trying to clear his point.
Most of you sound very surprised to hear that is possible. How much power does an C5 Z06 make on bolt ons?

Any guess?

Anyone???
Old 09-18-2012, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gorge
when I was in HS everyone talked and argue over 1/8 mile races and bolt on cars, nothing really built, it just reminded me of it
I agree, sadly that what is what's left localy. unless you want drive few hours to Bakersfield or plan on spending you entire afternoon just for making 3passes, that is if you're lucky. I am sure if their were local 1/4 mile tracks around, that would been the choice over the 1/8 mile.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Teching In

old thread but gotta see it to believe it.
any dyno sheets? or is this forza 4?
Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 AM
Teching In

lookin good...
mine was sick bone stock still sideways in 2ed burning 3ed & chirping in od from time to time, till i had the dealer work on it @ 40k
it's never been the same :/ lol whats your guy charge?
Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badls1
Is LS6 heads and cam considered bolt ons on f-body since its factory production parts?

It will not make 400 rwhp but you can get real close to it, if you do it right which means it would require whole lot of knowledge on LSx based motors along with experience.

Are you saying that has never been done?

No disrespect to you Josh, just trying to clear his point.
Most of you sound very surprised to hear that is possible. How much power does an C5 Z06 make on bolt ons?

Any guess?

Anyone???
what are you talking about he said his car was bone stock that would means the heads & cam that came with his car

and what bolt ons are you speaking about hitting 400hp?
Old 09-18-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tbss23sfv
what are you talking about he said his car was bone stock that would means the heads & cam that came with his car

and what bolt ons are you speaking about hitting 400hp?
F-body with stock LS6 heads and LS6 cam with all bolt on should come close to 400rwhp if you know what your doing. Its been done before you just have to get it right.

Quick Reply: Marios 2002 Camaro