Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

EFI Connections 24x LT1 Coil Conversion Tuner in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFI Connections 24x LT1 Coil Conversion Tuner in AZ

I will be converting my 96 Z28 to the LS1 PCM and Coils, using the 24x conversion.

Has anyone in Arizona done this conversion and worked with a tuner to get the PCM dialed in? If possible, I would like to work with someone who is comfortable with this type of setup, so that I can get a base tune to breakin the car and make sure everything is functional. After that, I am looking for a full dyno tune.

Thanks,
Jahajazz
Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did the setup a couple years ago, and I will be doing another soon. We used NicD to get the car tuned. As far as I know... we might have been the first in the area to pull the trigger on the conversion. I am not sure if/how many Nic might have tuned since then. You can email him at nicdtuning@gmail.com though for questions and setting up appointments. I will be going to him again for mine... hopefully soon.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ nice. My motor is still being finished in IL along with the heads but once everything is done I am gonna finish the conversion, I just need the actual kit to be able to finish it all. Maybe a great project if anyone in the area wants to help
Old 09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jahajazz
I will be converting my 96 Z28 to the LS1 PCM and Coils, using the 24x conversion.

Has anyone in Arizona done this conversion and worked with a tuner to get the PCM dialed in? If possible, I would like to work with someone who is comfortable with this type of setup, so that I can get a base tune to breakin the car and make sure everything is functional. After that, I am looking for a full dyno tune.

Thanks,
Jahajazz
any reputable tuner can tune the setup, once you setup the bank select table correctly for the o2 sensors it essentially tunes just like an ls, it just wants more WOT timing
Old 09-19-2012, 07:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by am_muscl
^^ nice. My motor is still being finished in IL along with the heads but once everything is done I am gonna finish the conversion, I just need the actual kit to be able to finish it all. Maybe a great project if anyone in the area wants to help

X2 for NicD.

Quick Reply: EFI Connections 24x LT1 Coil Conversion Tuner in AZ