Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Who Has Hooker Smog Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Has Hooker Smog Headers?

Would anybody with Hooker Headers that has a CARB plate on it, post a picture of the CARB label. I need to know what the label looks like.

CARB = (California Air Resources Board)

I have a set of smog legal Hooker Super Competition Headers(P/N 2062-1HKR) on my 1994 Firebird, but the label is missing. Hooker told me to buy a new set of headers if the CARB label is missing. These headers were originally purchased in Michigan, so I sure the guy in Michigan made the label disappear.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had something similar happen with a K&N CAI. K&N inspected, had me fill out the paperwork, then gave me the sticker. Can't believe Hooker wouldn't help you out, unless they think you're going to attach it to non-CARB-approved headers.

If you want a pic of the sticker I have to make your own sticker, just change the EO# and Manufacturer, let me know. The smog shop wouldn't know, its just a sticker. Or go the extra mile and stamp a piece of metal. lol
Old 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****, open up something simple like MS Paint, throw in a Hooker Headers logo, and add the pertinent info. Print it on glossy sticker paper from Staples, and call it a day.

Here are some examples of what other manufacturer CARB stickers look like: http://images.google.com/search?num=....1.pYbkYscaJsE
Old 09-29-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you don't have to have the sticker itself. you just have to have the carb number displayed so the smog tech can look it up. this is how i have mine for my JBA shorties. it's just a print out i found online taped down under the hood.
Attached Thumbnails Who Has Hooker Smog Headers?-29sep-145.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who Has Hooker Smog Headers?