Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Third gear sand baggers

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Third gear sand baggers

Anyone else get these guys? First it was ricer flybys now it seems they are expanding on the various ways they can try to make their cars seem fast. At first I thought it was just random timing but I noticed these pussies really do wait and listen for the 3rd gear change while they sit in 1st or 2nd.... just waiting to get a jump on you. This happened yet again tonight with a TSUX (TSX).

Driving home on a 3 lane road (each way) I see him start coming up from behind and I can tell he wants to show off his POS (I hate TSX's). So we pull up to a light and wait there for a while. Light goes and I nail it and just blow by him, looks like he didn't even try. I figure ok whatever guess I judged him wrong. A couple blocks down the road I can see him trying to catch up fast... I think ok fine. We get caught at another light and this time I give him the benefit of the doubt and just midly accelerate in 1st and 2nd, I hold out 2nd until 3000 or so waiting for him to jump but nothing... as soon as I shift third I can see him come charging up, so I mash it at 2500 and just let the LS1 powerband come on and pull away. Even with his jump and me starting in a high gear in the wrong end of my power band the douche never even got to my bumper .
Old 12-21-2012, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't feel bad, it happens over here on the east coast, too... A ******* bone stock Supra pulled this **** on my buddy's TA... Hitting it, then letting off and hitting hazards at 70 like he won
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

I don't feel bad, it didn't work for this guy and actually made him look worse. It's just annoying to deal with these posers.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Teching In

i dont pay attention to tsxs or stock imports.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

lololol.. something new... i remember long long ago back in 03 in my 02 A4 Z28, i had a litle civic hatchback turd do this on the NJ turnpike. little red shitbox.. paced me dropped back then tried gunning it, i let him get even with me, then punched it to gov limit 120? i think it was ish. he was way behind so i slowed back down to about 70-75mph and he kept going lololol then turned his hazards on celebrating his lost i guess lol. he slowed down and pretty much repeat the whole 'whatever you called it' race????
Old 12-22-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

I feel like sharing my most recent ricer encounter.... i was waiting on on the bus, it was a pretty busy road, there are 3 pretty ladies sitting at the bench just talking, so a little time goes by and there it is the infamous sound. He had a civic with a huge muffler sticking out about half a foot from the bumper, him and his friend were in the car and what does this funny guy do, he slows down probably to like 25 30 on a 45 mph road drops it into neutral and revs that thing up and yell stuff at the girls. I cant believe what some people are resorting to.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Why the hell are you racing a TSX?
Old 12-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by m6ttop
Why the hell are you racing a TSX?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Dont bust a ricer move and wrap it.what they said for real !?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

unlike some fools I race to like 65 or 70... on a 50-60mph speedlimit road this is not a big deal considering the regular flow of traffic goes this fast. Race is done after a couple gears not a quarter mile on the street like some people think.

Last edited by Camaropar; 12-23-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Third gear sand baggers