Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

krispy kreme car meet 8/13/2013

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn wish I lived in California sometimes!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spahny72
Damn wish I lived in California sometimes!
dealing with the smog ***** isn't worth it
Old 08-13-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lots of cops just circling
Old 08-14-2013, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

well that was shitty
cops blocked off every street in (never mind that that's really bad for businesses...dumbasses) and swarmed everywhere the whole night...parking lot was 2/3 empty

I would have made it in but I blew a tire around the corner from the parking lot

saw an orange ss and an orange z28 and a couple zl1s stashed off in a corner

it was fun anyway! too bad it wasnt like last year and this was the last one
Old 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They were just trying to make sure people didn't do anything stupid. It's not their fault people do burnouts and drive like idiots at events, but they are just trying to keep it from getting out of control.

I would say it's just Honda kids but stupidity has no prejudice.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
They were just trying to make sure people didn't do anything stupid. It's not their fault people do burnouts and drive like idiots at events, but they are just trying to keep it from getting out of control.

I would say it's just Honda kids but stupidity has no prejudice.
i understand the motivation behind it, but many of them take it way too far. i don't think closing two exits on the freeway and then closing every single road leading into the shopping center parking lot is a justified response. they had several patrol cars roaming around inside the meet too; if they were solely there to ensure that everyone just went ahead and behaved themselves, that's all they would need, and they wouldn't have made such a huge effort to deny access. there was a constant stream of people on foot to the parking lot and there were huge crowds of people, but only a few cars.

i thought it was funny that no less than ten news vans with live anchors showed up to cover the nonexistent "action" and ended up interviewing cops all night.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Soooo.... see you all next year?

And what if it starts earlier in the day? Like 4pm? Then what are the cops gonna do, close the mall down? lol.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sommer86
Soooo.... see you all next year?

And what if it starts earlier in the day? Like 4pm? Then what are the cops gonna do, close the mall down? lol.
one cop said he'd been there since 6 blocking stuff off... like what the ****!

and they said this was gonna be the last one
Old 08-14-2013, 06:29 PM
Teching In

the host of the meet said the same thing last year because of all of the burnouts. he was somewhat upset about the turnout because of all the closures so im pretty sure there will be another meet but at a different location.time will tell....
Old 08-14-2013, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah the whole thing was tarded this time. bet the businesses actually lost a bunch of money thanx to the cops overreacting.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Swapper
yeah the whole thing was tarded this time. bet the businesses actually lost a bunch of money thanx to the cops overreacting.
news still claimed there were "3500+" cars... lmao they would be lucky if there were 350.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah saw on the news that they were showing clips from last years and trying to mix it in with video from this years.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
news still claimed there were "3500+" cars... lmao they would be lucky if there were 350.
Meet itself wasn't huge but there was ALOT of cars just running around Burbank filling up any parking lot they found.

IMHO cops were way over their heads. They tried to shut down the meet by closing off the Shopping Center but In reality instead of people parking etc they were just driving all over the place. And it quickly over flowed into surrounding places the cops then chased people around all night kicking them out.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oChristiano
Meet itself wasn't huge but there was ALOT of cars just running around Burbank filling up any parking lot they found.

IMHO cops were way over their heads. They tried to shut down the meet by closing off the Shopping Center but In reality instead of people parking etc they were just driving all over the place. And it quickly over flowed into surrounding places the cops then chased people around all night kicking them out.
yeah traffic around there was pretty thick with them. closing down the shopping center was a really stupid move on their part since all it did was multiply the gridlock around central downtown burbank by 10... and which is more of an inconvenience to the public that they're trying to protect and serve? a semi-full parking lot in a mostly closed shopping center, or thousands of extra cars on the street making noise, screwing around, and getting in the way?

they're blinded by a blood lust for people who like cars.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

They tried to close it down to keep people from doing stupid ****..but all they did is keep everyone driving around. People can't hit **** if their parked...
Old 08-15-2013, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah don't get me wrong I think them blocking entrances was dumb, but yeah I have been talking with a few Honda guys and a lot of the kids at Honda meets are smoking weed and drinking then doing burnouts and revving their ****. Also a couple fights have broken out and they are trying to keep those incidents down...

The car scene is changing for the worse.. It's not like the old hot rod shows anymore they are becoming places for retards to show off and screw up.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

clearly our law enforcement friends need to take a course in telling the difference between a rice gathering and an actual car meet.

the one car i saw speeding in the parking lot on tuesday was an infiniti... and it didn't even get pulled over. other than that, some bikes were making noise and some kid in a mach 1 got pulled over for revving in front of a cop and having no plates... lmao

if they had just kept it down to a police presence in the parking lot, they really wouldn't have had a problem and it wouldn't have been that big of a deal for the participants.

i didn't see the few cops who were in the parking lot unduly harassing anyone either, not even the bagged minitrucks laying frame or the people without front plates.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Cops = epic fail

Quick Reply: krispy kreme car meet 8/13/2013