Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone in Phoenix? Could use a shop too.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013 | 12:50 AM
Teching In

Default Anyone in Phoenix? Could use a shop too.

Long story short is, I'm a college student and I need to do some work on my car. No huge motor swap project or anything, just some general stuff, need to pop my headers in, change rearend oil, and maybe test fit some wheels/tires. The open shop day on campus is frankly a "meh" sort of thing. I'm a long way from home where I have a lift and everything I need, and I can't work on my car with limited tools etc in an apartment complex.

Anyway, I'm no idiot with a wrench, though I'm new to the LS1 world. I know my way in and out of old school small/big blocks, and have done plenty of hot rodding and light mechanic work. I'm essentially just here to get a degree and ASE certifications.

So, I guess in a nutshell wondering if there's anyone in Phoenix with a shop/garage they'd be willing to let me work on my car in. I could throw some cash your way, bring anything I'd need, and at most maybe ask to use a jack here and there. I'll clean up after myself, and keep everything in order, as I know full well how much of a pain in the *** it can be when someone makes a mess where you have to work on stuff too.

Even someone with LS building experience would be cooler, because I have a ton of questions. Furthermore, I'm just looking to meet up with some other LS car guys in the area. All the students drive pretty ricey stuff, and there's only one or two I've met so far who has a clue what they're talking about.

Anyway, just let me know. Thanks.
Old 08-14-2013 | 12:54 AM
Teching In

Oh, I don't necessarily need a lift. Honestly just a place where I can work on my car on a weekend afternoon sometime.
Old 08-14-2013 | 01:00 AM
Teching In

Sent you a pm
Old 08-14-2013 | 01:26 PM
Teching In

I have the same problem being in an apartment. I used to work on my cars at my dad's house, but now that I've moved out here it sucks not having a place to tinker with them. I'm trying to move into a house soon, so I can finally have a garage to work on them. You going to UTI?
Old 08-14-2013 | 10:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HeavyArms SS
You going to UTI?
Sure am. Stuck with the apartment for the next year.
Old 08-15-2013 | 09:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JRL 31x
Sure am. Stuck with the apartment for the next year.
Cool deal. Looks like a pretty cool school.
Old 08-16-2013 | 12:03 AM
Teching In

Check out DIY Automotive. You can use their lifts and they can help you with any questions you might have.
Old 08-16-2013 | 12:15 AM
Teching In

One of those hourly-rate shops might honestly just be the way to go.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Phoenix? Could use a shop too.