Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Stolen LS1 trans am parts, please be on the look out

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stolen LS1 trans am parts, please be on the look out

Update: car is now for sale>>> https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-c...tor-trans.html
----------------------------------
My trans am was stolen a couple nights ago, and I just got it back today, stripped.

just wanted to ask that you keep an eye out on craigslist, ebay or the classifieds for any of these things from my car that are fairly easily identifiable.

If you see them, please let me know so maybe something can be done about these thief's...

The car is an A4 Auto

misc.
- firebird shifter ball http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/pr...fter-****.html

- last of the breed badges (yes, they actually took them): http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/2043/1346

- Carbon Fiber vinyl wrapped door sills

exhaust:
-SLP Loudmouth I catback, with 3.5" dual corsa clone exhaust tips

wheels:
18x8.5 and 18x10.5. These wheels normally have a "machined" lip, mine are powdercoated ALL BLACK, so they are fairly unique in that sense.
these http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...3#.UkP_fIbDy7k but they DO have the corvette logo in the center

tires: 245/40/18 Hancook ventus v12, 295/35/18 Bridgestone Potenza sport

http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/8168888906/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/8076220615/
engine bay (everything was taken). obvious items include:
-LS1 motor (stock), LS1 intake. A4 transmission
-BMR strut tower brace. hammertone color (charcoal) with red logo in center
-CF vinyl wrapped fuel rail covers, with "trans am" logos on them
-NORMAL SLP lid (not the wrapped one in the pictures)
-The air base box has been painted gray
-ONLY HALF of the intake is painted black, up to the STB (I was testing the look.. lol) so that should stand out
-battery cover is wrapped in CF vinyl with black decals. Underneath the vinyl it is stainless steel with etched firebird and trans am logo
-stainless steel covers wrapped in CF vinyl on various other items in the engine bay as well.
-fuse boxes are freshly painted with new decals, most look all old and faded.
-chrome "LS1" oil cap
-red painted oil dipstick and trans fluid dipstick
-polished AC accumulator

http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/7916090230/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/7916089690/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/7916089020/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/7916087940/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/7916086496/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/7916085810/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/7916085006/

older pic, but this is how the battery cover looks if the wrap is taken off, and this is how the SLP lid currently looked

http://www.flickr.com/photos/la-rue/5549939736/
Please keep an eye out. Thanks!

Last edited by crimson_bird; 10-03-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow bro, thats fucked up.

my trans am was totaled on 9/13/13, hit and run and ima be parting it out. let me know if you need any pieces.

ima post a for sale add shortly. finaliizing **** with ins tomorrow

what else did they take?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Any pics of the stripped car?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw some pics on FB... Damn dude I am sorry to hear that, I hope the thieves are beat within an inch of their life.. I will keep an eye on craigslist.

Last edited by LS1Adam84; 09-26-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn man. Sorry to hear that!

Are they totaling out the vehicle?
Old 09-26-2013, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll keep my eyes peeled on the online sale sites.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Teching In

That really sucks man, that is such a clean car. I'll keep an eye out on CL for sure, I'm always prowling for parts. I've heard a ton of fbody's have been snagged lately, everyone need's to install a kill-switch or kill relay. Or just pull the FP relay, while annoying it's worth it.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PontiacFan
Any pics of the stripped car?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...nt-pretty.html
Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
wow bro, thats fucked up.

my trans am was totaled on 9/13/13, hit and run and ima be parting it out. let me know if you need any pieces.

ima post a for sale add shortly. finaliizing **** with ins tomorrow

what else did they take?
don't think i'll rebuild, but thanks. Pics in the link above^
Old 09-26-2013, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

I saw this on instagram through an account I follow on there. Damn shame man! I would be on the look out for cars sold in the next few weeks too. They took dumb **** like ABS modules and master cyliders which are pretty low for resale value imo which seems weird. looks like they might be building another car from the fact that they took everything out not just the engine/trans which are the money parts.

Went back and just looked at your photos too man And i Deff dont think these guys are experts and I dont think they are re-selling the parts. They took the time to take the brake lines off the correct way, and pulled the drier out right. took clamps off and cut the motor mounts off the frame(cleanly at that). Didnt touch the hood or headlights/motors that everyone knows for the trans am/ws6's are worth good money.the outside was clean also and they didnt touch any of those parts (those bumpers are expensive to buy used). But they took the time to pull the abs mod/ master cylinder/ radiator and condensor/door sill plates? There not salvage/scrap guys, they would have taken the bolts out the sub frame and trans cross-member and cut the hoses and lines out of the way. subframe bolts back in with 4 bolts. motor and trans and harness all out within a few hours with 2 guys and the car is dropped back on the street before you even realize its gone and can report the car as stolen. I think there building another camaro from the fact that everything they took was camaro/trans am interchangeable, they didnt bother touching anything that was firebird specific (even if it had parts value) and took the time to pull off dumb and customized parts that would be obviously noticeable if they tried re-selling. Who takes out motor mounts that clean with a torch unless there keeping/re-using them? nobody buys used motor mounts and knowledgeable part re-sale guys if thats what they were would know that.

Have you considered trying to get some video feeds from around that area? maybe red light cameras or private people in the area who have security cameras? Cars like that dont just show up, there droped with a rollback or trailer or more likely a ****** and grab/ wheel lift which might explain how they stole it in the first place. Would also explain why they left 4 wheels on it which they could have easily sold or hell even scrapped and got $60 for the 4.

Sorry for the extra long post but just trying to help. I have a reasonable amount of salvage/parts resale knowledge and am just giving my insight. I had my camaro attetmpted to be stolen at one point but luckily the idiots couldnt get pass the vats system. Had to replace the column, a couple plastic panels, replace radio, and a few other small things. That was almost 6 years ago and Id still beat the **** out of the person if I found out who did it, time doesnt heel all wounds. good luck with everything!

Last edited by OnlyACamaroCanbeAZ28; 09-26-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

wow. what a beauty
Old 09-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Sorry to see this. Looks like they found it around Oakland..(Mickies Tow) I would not leave ANY LSX equipped vehicle in or around Oakland. Period. There are a bunch of shops doing these swaps and the engines are getting rarer and rarer...good luck.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Oakland? What a slum town... That place should disappear

Sorry to hear OP
Old 10-01-2013, 03:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by OnlyACamaroCanbeAZ28
I saw this on instagram through an account I follow on there. Damn shame man! I would be on the look out for cars sold in the next few weeks too. They took dumb **** like ABS modules and master cyliders which are pretty low for resale value imo which seems weird. looks like they might be building another car from the fact that they took everything out not just the engine/trans which are the money parts.

Went back and just looked at your photos too man And i Deff dont think these guys are experts and I dont think they are re-selling the parts. They took the time to take the brake lines off the correct way, and pulled the drier out right. took clamps off and cut the motor mounts off the frame(cleanly at that). Didnt touch the hood or headlights/motors that everyone knows for the trans am/ws6's are worth good money.the outside was clean also and they didnt touch any of those parts (those bumpers are expensive to buy used). But they took the time to pull the abs mod/ master cylinder/ radiator and condensor/door sill plates? There not salvage/scrap guys, they would have taken the bolts out the sub frame and trans cross-member and cut the hoses and lines out of the way. subframe bolts back in with 4 bolts. motor and trans and harness all out within a few hours with 2 guys and the car is dropped back on the street before you even realize its gone and can report the car as stolen. I think there building another camaro from the fact that everything they took was camaro/trans am interchangeable, they didnt bother touching anything that was firebird specific (even if it had parts value) and took the time to pull off dumb and customized parts that would be obviously noticeable if they tried re-selling. Who takes out motor mounts that clean with a torch unless there keeping/re-using them? nobody buys used motor mounts and knowledgeable part re-sale guys if thats what they were would know that.

Have you considered trying to get some video feeds from around that area? maybe red light cameras or private people in the area who have security cameras? Cars like that dont just show up, there droped with a rollback or trailer or more likely a ****** and grab/ wheel lift which might explain how they stole it in the first place. Would also explain why they left 4 wheels on it which they could have easily sold or hell even scrapped and got $60 for the 4.

Sorry for the extra long post but just trying to help. I have a reasonable amount of salvage/parts resale knowledge and am just giving my insight. I had my camaro attetmpted to be stolen at one point but luckily the idiots couldnt get pass the vats system. Had to replace the column, a couple plastic panels, replace radio, and a few other small things. That was almost 6 years ago and Id still beat the **** out of the person if I found out who did it, time doesnt heel all wounds. good luck with everything!
thanks for your post. I think you're right, with the way they went about things and the stuff that they took/left it does seem like this stuff was taken to put into another car, and not just to resell alone. Which makes it pretty much impossible to find.. could be going into ANYTHING. The wheels are the most unique item and the most visible, so that's about the only thing I can hope to find being sold or running on another car.

as for the cameras, unfortunately there aren't any businesses near by really, and none of my neighbors have cameras (we're working on that now), and we also don't have any red light cameras anywhere around here.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to see this, looks like you loved that car. Your parts are probably already on another car(s) forsale. Keep an eye on the LA area CL. Pros aren't dumb and probably won't resell your stuff in the bay area.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

i'd be hunting every car show/dyno day.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

maybe also check cardomain or fquick for local cars. I bet these thieving fucktards are members of this site too... just cancers to society!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Teching In

No good!!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:50 AM
Teching In

Seeing this kind of stuff really drives home how bad things seem to be getting. No one even has the thought to go out and work for the things they want anymore. They just see someone else with something nice that THAT person worked for and they just take it. Really sorry you went through this man.

Quick Reply: Stolen LS1 trans am parts, please be on the look out