Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Recently moved to LA area, looking for quality performance shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recently moved to LA area, looking for quality performance shop

Recently moved to the LA area and have had some relatively bad luck dealing with the dealership on a few jobs for may 02 Camaro SS. At this point I really feel like if I am paying dealship price for work and parts, then I need to be taking it to a reputable shop that has a greater level of expertise especially since I plan to finally do some mods to the car over time. Any recommendations? Much appreciated.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I feel ya brother. I was in the same boat as you were some months ago. TBH You just gotta find people that own these cars and know how to work on them. I know a person thats in the S.F.V. and he knows these cars inside out and has done work for me in the past.

I started to realize that you just got to know how to work on these when I took my car to the dealer the 2nd week I had it and told them its making a belt noise or something. they told me it needed a PS pump and pulley,belts. and it would cost bout 890$ Estimate* My Brother was a previous Ls1 owner and when he looked at it we found out it had no fluid did need a belt and PS pump all said and done 135$ later car was perfect. 2ND time at the dealer they said they will do full change of Coolant flush of the system,diff fluid,and all the goodies for 530$ When my bro and I did it 145$

Sucks man,but I dont even trust the techs at dealers who work for GM let alone the stupid service advisers that want to charge you for even lifting up the hood.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AG35TH SS
Recently moved to the LA area and have had some relatively bad luck dealing with the dealership on a few jobs for may 02 Camaro SS. At this point I really feel like if I am paying dealship price for work and parts, then I need to be taking it to a reputable shop that has a greater level of expertise especially since I plan to finally do some mods to the car over time. Any recommendations? Much appreciated.
Sry a little off topic there,but even with a performance shop thre isn't really that many in the L.A. area that know how to really work on these cars.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this shop it's called superheromotors
It's in northridge and they focus on pure lsx cars mostly fbodies
They have links on Craigslist and their prices are pretty good
Here's the ad
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...266648540.html
Goodluck
Old 01-31-2014, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts