Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

need a shop near san diego - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default need a shop near san diego - recommendations?

i heard this loud tapping/knocking sound that seemed to come out of nowhere as i was coming to a stoplight. it seemed like it matched the engine speed. the sound lasted for a few seconds, then went away. i parked it, then started it back up again a few hours later and it was not making the sound until 5 minutes of idling. i shut it off then tried to get a video of it the next day - ran it for almost 10 minutes idling and nothing. tried again a couple hours later for 5 minutes and nothing. it might be in my head, but the valvetrain sounds like it could be a little louder.

i'm thinking maybe lifters, spun bearing or ???

can anyone recommend a shop near san diego that does decent engine work? i tried contacting CMS and still waiting for a response. any other shops?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Current Auto Performance. Had a few things done there and very happy with the work. Very reasonable on price too.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess is none of the above. First thing you should know, is if you have a spun bearing in the motor, it is going to be one of those things where if you are listening to the motor, there is going to be NO DOUBT IN YOUR MIND that it has a spun bearing. The noise will be very loud and you can tell 100% that it is coming from the lower end.

The same is also true with a lifter, the noise will not be quite as loud, but you can be damn sure that it will not go away.

Just giving you some heads up.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks - i'll check out current auto performance.
any other opinions on other shops nearby or anyone else heard anything about current auto performance?
Old 04-09-2014, 01:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Exclamation We would be glad to help.

Give us a call.
We are in rancho cucamonga.
Thank you.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Current auto performance is the place to go men this guys are great i did heads an cam swap with this guys they do clean work and they are not gonna charge you for a leg and arm.plus i liked how honest they are.hope my info works

Quick Reply: need a shop near san diego - recommendations?